Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,826 members, 7,933,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:33 PM

The Best State To Raise Ones Kids - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best State To Raise Ones Kids (24012 Views)

Is It Possible To Raise A Child Without Beating / Male Child Versus Female Child,which Is Difficult To Raise? / Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by nationwide1(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2014
mastercee:
Lagos state..... Ajegunle precisely undecided

But seriously IMO, this thread is kinda baseless.

Raise your child wherever you find yourself. The family value will determine how well brought up your child would be and not the geographical location.
You just showed why your name is master. You captured my mind exactly.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by condralbede(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Aba...Abia State.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2014
peterjero:
Lagos it is, my younger brother who is just 20 is sharp that I envy him everyday, I grew up in both edo and delta and my sharpness dey learn for where my little Bro dey. I concede to Lagos hands down, because growing a child has to be all round and not just morals because if it's only morals the child might grow up poor financially. #my2cents
You chose not to be sharp. People get sharp even in land of jews like ekiti and ondo.

5 Likes

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Icon4s(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2014
mintcho:
IBADAN

Ur children will end up speaking English with plenty Yoruba accent. Eg ause (House), Height (eight), heg (egg), Sampion (Champion), Selsi (Chelsea), Harsena (Arsenal), Shursh (Church), Telifison, (Television), yeeboe(Igbo) grin

4 Likes

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by nopecin(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2014
Ile awusa
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by emmasege: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2014
While it's true that some states MAY NOT be ideal for a child's development, it's also true that most state capitals in Nigeria would enhance a child's development. It all depends on the niche/microhabitat in which a child finds him/herself I.e. the home. A child could be raised in Ado Ekiti, Lokoja or Abakaliki and yet would be many times better than the ones raised in Lagos, Abuja or port Harcourt. I think some parents would also not prefer these cosmopolitans because
of the negative societal influences on children.
In my own submission, I'll suggest Ibadan, Abeokuta, Osogbo, Ilorin, Kaduna, Akure, Jos, Abuja, Uyo, enugu, calabar among others.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2014
Lagos takes the lead! the sharpness lagos instills in a child ehn is epic. Just a few weeks ago, my friend and I entered a "one chance" bus in enugu....after we had journeyed for a while....my lasgidi brain picked up a few fishy things...I signaled to my friend. That's how we alighted sharpaly...

Viva Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by mployer(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2014
peterjero:
Lagos it is, my younger brother who is just 20 is sharp that I envy him everyday, I grew up in both edo and delta and my sharpness dey learn for where my little Bro dey. I concede to Lagos hands down, because growing a child has to be all round and not just morals because if it's only morals the child might grow up poor financially. #my2cents

For where?

Lagos children are raised in fear. They are usually locked up in houses with high fence, located inside an estate with multiple gates and security posts. They are made to believe everyone out there is about to hurt them. They attend schools that have no playgrounds and return to lonely homes .

Visit Owerri and see where children have some level of socialization freedom.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by jahbiz: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2014
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos and

Lagos. It offers the child opportunity to be the best he/she can be.
It gives the child the mind of surviving in any condition and once a soldier always a soldier.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:12am On Dec 13, 2014
I will rather go for towns than states. I prefer Ondo, Akure, Ibadan, Lagos Mainland and Abeokuta.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by MrAdesoji: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Well if you want your kids well educated with a cross cultural reference... and an not talking only four walled education,sincere honest and respectful, with prospects of a bright future choose ZARIA.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Telvinsahpa: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2014
BENUE STATE,
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Arsenate(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2014
jos
I was raised in jos and i cherish every single memory of my childhood. I just have to raise my kids in jos. fantastic weather, great schools, serene environment and so much fun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Timothy3113(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2014
nessaluv:
Except 4d insecurity ish. in kd i'd say kaduna is d best -IM0
insurgency and crises can never end in the north. The northerner's syndrom for fighting is too high. Since the birth of naija 70% riot takes place there. Fighting is in there blood, peace is a scarce commodity there. Be it tribal, religion e.t.c
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Rohzay(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Imo state of mind
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Ikott(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2014
I don't think the state matters much as the values you instill on the kids
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Janeify(f): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Wittylens:

Nice....Seems you're from the north..
I'm not a Northerner but i grew up in the north
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by abbeyoye2001(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2014
Lagos or ogun
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Arsenate(m): 8:20am On Dec 13, 2014
jahbiz:
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos and

Lagos. It offers the child opportunity to be the best he/she can be.
It gives the child the mind of surviving in any condition and once a soldier always a soldier.
I'm currently living in Lagos and I must say Lagos is not a good place to raise a child.

9 Likes

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by KMB: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Lagos state. Your child would thank you when grown up
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Wittylens(m): 8:21am On Dec 13, 2014
Janeify:
I'm not a Northerner but i grew up in the north

Oh , I see... Jos , Right?
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Icon4s(m): 8:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Arsenate:
jos
I was raised in jos and i cherish every single memory of my childhood. I just have to raise my kids in jos. fantastic weather, great schools, serene environment and so much fun.

For where? grin
Where Fulani men dey plan how to launch d next attack? grin
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by JayJustus(m): 8:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Nairaland State!

#VoteJayForSBANPresident
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2014
I think Abuja and Akwa Ibom. smiley. Abuja is a big busy city, growing up in Abuja should smarten a kid up and Akwa Ibom - Uyo is a calm, peaceful, gentle city- growing up in Uyo should make your kids calm and gentle at least. However, I believe its the parents and those who live with the kids that can raise the kids properly or raise them badly.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by adisarasaq(m): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2014
Anywhere in Nigeria is good but if you realy want your kid to grow and successfully develop in every aspect Lagos is the only option. We may try to deny it but those grown outside Lagos are always envious of those born and brought up in Lagos

I maybe wrong though
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Arsenate(m): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2014
Icon4s:

For where? grin
Where Fulani men dey plan how to launch d next attack? grin
even that can't stop me from living in and raising my kids in jos. I just so much love that town. u definitely won't understand. people who have stayed in jos would know where I'm coming from.
the town too sweet
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 13, 2014
Wittylens:

The Sun / Heat In those states are too much.... Besides , I don't want my children to grow up in the midst of Abokis

lol... Illiterate

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by OCTAVO: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2014
Ibadan for sure! Though I don't live there but that place makes a whole lot of sense. Second choice would be Ilorin.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Wittylens(m): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2014
papiforreal:

lol... Illiterate

Who?
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 13, 2014
Opt depends,for me ENUGU is the best, at least guarantee ,your child would have good manner, quiet, good education ,wouldn't be corrupt(sexually and morally )will grow up in a good environment and nice atmosphere,am in lagos but i won't train my children here.enugu or better send them abroad if I have the money, ENUGU is the best you can ask ngozi okonji iweala,chimamanda ngozi edechie,Pete edechie and many more.

6 Likes

FrancisTony:
Anambra state

-Home of braniacs
-Home of hardworking men and women
-Home of beauty and brains

I wish i grew up there. cry
#ReppingLagTho'
Proudly anambrarian
Wittylens:

Okay , What can you also say about Kano State?

kano is a nice place.. I know some of couple of guys that refused to leave the state after serving

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... / Beef The Other Woman? - What Not To Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.