Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,114 members, 7,907,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:16 PM

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery (31249 Views)

Behind The Wheels Of A Murder / Mystery Man (short Story) / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 18, 2014
Pamela's muum is a slut!
Thought Niyi slept in the house that night...you know, Pamela locking the gate and wondering where he was going to sleep since the stranger was on the couch already...did Nathan open the gate for him later or what?

Nice story. I pity Nathan if he didn't kill him cos he go hear am for that station.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:45am On Dec 19, 2014
Nmeri17:

all the children were watching cinema starring their mother as star actress grin

OP ya story is just AMAZING!! I'm really impressed.

@lenmafon the house was being broken into by a rival cult group and they murdered the guy. but I doubt op will continue on that storyline now I've said it

Thanks for the support bros. I never finish this story but i know who my killer be and I wont change the name for anything cheesy
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:48am On Dec 19, 2014
ghostwritter:
I hardly comment to threads but this is gonna be an exception.
I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY AND THE SUSPENSE of the story. KUDOZ!!
Honestly, I know how the stranger died but I Don't wanna ruin the suspense.

I appreciate.
@SusannaJohnson and Candy thanks. Leggo!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:49am On Dec 19, 2014
A Case is Assigned

ASP Kassim Kolawole was screaming at the top of his lungs. I wanted to put my hand over my ear but I dare not. He is my boss and protocol demands I stand at attention and act interested even if I didn’t give a flying toss.

So I continued to nod my head as though I agreed with him. I knew he was under fire but it was the normal thing.

After a while we were going to have some peace and add another enemy to our endless list. Earlier in the day, I noticed the politician storming out of his office so I was not surprised at this impromptu meeting. It was not the regular meeting though, just a handful of us present: detectives, senior police officers and a few others in our station.

He pointed a finger at us and moved it from one side of the room to the other ''you are not just in the force to mope; you are here to protect lives, property and fight crime. I have so many of you lingering around all day long. You open file, close file, roger here, roger there, move around the office, joke with colleagues, stretch your legs, return back to your desk then go for lunch before closing for the day. Mbanu this must stop! Every other day they are transferring case up and down which one are you doing nah? Should we receive the award for the most incompetent station before you get cracking? Let us work on the case that drops on our desk because that is the quickest way to climb the ladder of promotion. Una hear me so?''

''Yes sir'' we chorused.

''Okay now, Corporal bring that book and read out the cases we have received in the last week.''

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:51am On Dec 19, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:53am On Dec 19, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:55am On Dec 19, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 5:57am On Dec 19, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 6:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Nathan sure has something to say.
Carry on touchmeder

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 19, 2014
Abeg, if Nathan no do am, make dem leave am before exams o.
Please make your updates longer, biko.
Thanks...hoping for more today tongue
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2014
niiiice

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Lorlaahlozz: 11:51am On Dec 19, 2014
Nice story...love d suspense

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by PrincessB1(f): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tnx for invitin me touchmeder, ...................Wat a wonderfl story pls fire on
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
s
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
''Why?''

''Because my mother said if anybody asks of her, we should tell them she is not around.''

I froze for a minute; that was someone else talking certainly not the young child. I didn’t realize someone else was by the gate let alone listening to our childish banter.

''Who is that?'' I asked in a stern tone. The game was over already. I heard the sound of a child laughing quietly and I banged the gate in anger.

''My mother said I should tell anyone that comes that she is not at home. She is sleeping and does not wish to be disturbed'' the adult voice said.

''Listen to me carefully; this is not a joke. This is the police, now who am I speaking to?''

There was a slight hesitation followed up fierce whispering then I heard the patter of feet running away from the gate.

''Show me your badge please''

I did and waited for some seconds before she answered again.

''My sister has gone to call my mother. My name is Pamela - Pamela Jubril.''

I heaved a sigh of relief; finally we were getting somewhere.

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
s

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
s

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
s

3 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
z

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
s

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
''Yes I am trying to sun it''

Maybe you should burn it instead I said in my mind. ''Can I have a look at it once I'm done with the kids?''

''No wahala'' she replied.

I walked towards the vacant space in her parlour and looked around. It was quite eerie standing on the spot and for once I didn’t envy this woman and her children who had to live here. I looked at the windows closely and took note of the handles. It was a textured window with an iron handle coated in white paint. There was a cheap rubber clock over looking overlooking the spot where the couch once stood.

''Was any other door or window tampered with?''

''No''

''Who has the key to the front door?'' I asked.

''No key; we bolt it from the inside before we go to bed. It’s the same with the back door.''

''And who is the we?''

''Any of us but Pamela locked up that night''

''I'd see the kids now'' I nodded at her and walked out of the house.

Have a good weekend yall. Update continues next week.

3 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
nice update fam. this episode was long and hot like a díck. it keeps getting better than the previous episode

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Pamela didn't lock d door last night.
Did Niyi later went home after d discussion with Nathan?
Mayb Nathan thought d stranger has money nd connive with Niyi to come nd rub. and end up killing him

Babanla Suspense!!!

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 7:18am On Dec 20, 2014
Officer Unique is getting sooo close.....someone from that house committed the murder
Nice update touchmeder, enjoy ya weekend
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Costlybabe: 8:52am On Dec 20, 2014
touchmeder:
Gosh i just love that spooky picture.

Lemme invite the other guys: Lenmafon, xyzxx, teamplayey, PrincessB1, costlybabe, Seunviju, Joliematt, Fareedah86, Essyydiamond, Kanechimex, Diamondamsel, Queening, Tablet, Adukky, Debbysky, Olaitan3784, Stuff46, Susannajohnson, gal10, Plaitex.
gosh!i present my self oo,i no even know u don start a new story,thank God i was invited ooo

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2014
Morning yall
charijee:
Officer Unique is getting sooo close.....someone from that house committed the murder
Nice update touchmeder, enjoy ya weekend

Yeah he is
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:18am On Dec 22, 2014
d

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2014
d

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2014
g

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:23am On Dec 22, 2014
omokoladele:
Pamela didn't lock d door last night.
Did Niyi later went home after d discussion with Nathan?
Mayb Nathan thought d stranger has money nd connive with Niyi to come nd rub. and end up killing him

Babanla Suspense!!!

Would you like to work as a private investigator? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Maga No Need Pay / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua / 2017-2018 Chatbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.