Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,468 members, 7,891,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:07 PM

Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera (18607 Views)

Enita Odugbemi: I Thank God For Giving Me Very Big Boobs (Photos) / "Thank God Entertainers Lost The Primaries" - Etcetera / Nigerian Entertainers And Their Girlfriends ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by LaurelP(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
don't u know....i witnessed two thread he closed....please go to nairaland general,click on any thread were a person complained then u will know what am talking about....therealmrstan and ishilove are supermods

cheers

No wonder
Was beginning to wonder why abt 30% of threads on fp are his own
But even at dat, I think he's a lil selfish
There are more interesting topics on d celeb section dat shud be on fp
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 13, 2014
MuhdG:

Nna mehn
Abegi transilate jare
never mind bro
NA joke I dey oooo
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by akoaki(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Nobody can say it better than the op. The entertainment industry has not promoted much good in the society ; it has been more of evil than good. Infact our music and movies are increasingly creating bad image for nigerians in the outside world. Todays movies potray us more like morons , corrupted and beggarly people. I would expect that entertainers venturing into politics should have some moral decency which we have not seen in many of them that love appearing half -unclad in public.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Locapito:
A very good news, especially that of ILLITERATE called 9nice with all his grammatical blunder"ogbomosho must be liberate". If voted for, he will sleep with all the girls under his constituences. butterfly seeing itself as bird. They re nothing but money grabbing Twats.
Pwahahaha

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by ireneony(f): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2014
LaurelP:

No wonder
Was beginning to wonder why abt 30% of threads on fp are his own
am not beefing anybody o....he is my main guy, but i like saying the truth. Na seun give them the power so i am with it

..the op, de try sha
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by dabossman(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2014
Locapito:
A very good news, especially that of ILLITERATE called 9nice with all his grammatical blunder "ogbomosho must be liberate". If voted for, he will sleep with all the girls under his constituences. butterfly seeing itself as bird. They re nothing but money grabbing Twats.

People who live in glasshouses should not throw stones. Check your own grammar.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2014
JoeArmsD1:
never mind bro
NA joke I dey oooo

Ok pal smiley
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by donmalcolm21(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2014
JoeArmsD1:
Who be this Excetera?

Abeg, go learn carpentry work joor!!!!

Bside, the mod that moved this to frontpage need to be flogged!!

You left relevant posts and pushed this piece of shitt to frontpage........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if an enlightened article like this should be classified as trash by your discombulated brain then you deserve to be in asylum in a mental home. Quote me and forfeit 2015
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by papalbull(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Truth hurts but it must be told anyway
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2014
donmalcolm21:
if an enlightened article like this should be classified as trash by your discombulated brain then you deserve to be in asylum in a mental home. Quote me and forfeit 2015
let me not insult you....
But if you try quote me again,I swear!!!
Tomorrow will be very far from you
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2014
I beg 2 differ abt 9ice he has song wt good lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2014
MuhdG:

Ok pal smiley
U re welcome!!!!!!!!
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by lonelydora: 9:23am On Dec 13, 2014
MuhdG:

Una try
Next time don't try to include me in such nonsense. Check my posts and see how many times I make FTC. I don't hustle for it.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by julybaba(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Etcetra is known for destructive criticism. It is ok, if he wants to correct or challenge a status quo, but it becomes counter productive and debilitating, if he criticizes with anger, hatred and bitterness. At least, these celebs made great attempt to contest, and they believe they can make a change. Is etcetra, a psychologist ? Why presume what they can do and what they can't do if they get there? The problem is not, who is contesting, the problem is that the populace has been short-changed by the constitution. The constitution should be amended, so as to give the populace, the absolute power to remove any IMPOTENT elected office by referendum. Let's support anyone, that believe in change, our ministry should be to edify others and not to pull others down. The future is here.

2 Likes

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2014
lonelydora:

Next time don't try to include me in such nonsense. Check my posts and see how many times I make FTC. I don't hustle for it.
U try
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by zbone(m): 9:26am On Dec 13, 2014
fair enough undecided
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by julybaba(m): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2014
Tee99:
Funny but true. Make sense die! Kalo-kalo/mago-mago/dodo/ororo...dis slang just dey sweet me
not slangs but yorubas' grammar manipulation sequence. E.g gban gban,rada rada,pata pata,rede rede,kaba kaba, jati jati, etc
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by evea: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2014
9ja low mentality. Dr is nothing bad if dey bcome president or political post or offices. research on USA 1984-1988 president. He is an actor bt he made an impact in America. If dey can do well in office den we youths can rule 9ja n send forth d old men. let us b wise.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Elypsis(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2014
Jesus! #filledwithpassion# I love this write-up die......This is jst the plain truth.....these pple av already derailed our youths frm our norms....Infact,they are the main agents of westernization in our dresscodes and personalities......Stewpid and clueless set of pple

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by musicwriter(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2014
I like the way this post called a spade a spade instead of gagging around the truth. The ugly truth is corruption have destroyed this country in all nooks, and as an independent recording artiste I can relate to the cabals in the radios and entainment in Nigeria. I never see a country where you pay to OAP's and presenters to play your song. This have made it very difficult for indie artistes like myself to be heard, even though we have something better to offer.

And those who are pursuing a career in Nollywood say it's even worse there. I recently read an interview where Emeka Ike compared Nollywood to Soddom and Ghomora. He said every aspiring actress must have to be fvcked to get a movie role, and men are fvcking fellow men as well in Nollywood just to get a movie role. I can't believe it!
I've already made up my mind to move to Ghana or some other country by 2015 to pursue my music career. Nigeria is a zoo.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Zuria(f): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2014
A head that can’t produce meaningful lyrics cannot inspire anything meaningful in governance. If you can’t stand for anything with your art, then you surely don’t have what it takes to lead. The content of your songs says a lot about your mental capabilities.

grin grin grin harsh but true

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by OCTAVO: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2014
Hehehehehe... Nice one! cheesy
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by PrettySpicey(f): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
And once again the truth is boldly spoken but many would despise it.

We all know deep down the reason why most Nigerians hunger desperately for power and Politics but we let them deceive us into believing empty, baseless promises.

Welldone, Excetera and good job for bringing it here, lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Tunagee(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2014
lalasticlala:
My dear entertainers who just lost out in your quest for public office, can you please gbe enu e soun so that we can concentrate on the election at hand? Despite your claims, we all know the reasons why you sought public office in the first place. So many Nigerians have hurt their knees in praying to God to rid this nation of political miscreants and people with selfish motives in seeking public offices. So the fact that you all lost your primaries is a gargantuan sign that the system does not see you as worthy representatives of the Nigerian youths. You are the reasons why the youths are only being regarded as the future in a time like this when we are supposed to be the present. Why is it surprising to you that you lost in the primaries? The system has been analytically taking notes of your below the par exploits even within the madhouse we call entertainment industry. Don’t you get it, because you are in the sacred ministry of receiving brown envelopes doesn’t make you qualified to administer or make laws.

In case you haven’t heard, there are so many things to consider before running for public office. I can bet that most of you don’t know the issues that matter to the people of your constituency. Have you asked yourself if you are fit for that constituency? What have you done prior to this time for the people you want to represent? You can’t just wake up one morning and ride on a horse down the streets like Apostle Paul on his way to Damascus and expect to be applauded into the government house? Have you built up a sufficient resume? Despite what some people would have us believe, a vast majority of successful political careers are built around impressive resumes.

Think about your resume objectively. Think about running for office as a job interview. How do you stack up to your likely competition? Don’t you think a prior involvement in your constituency would add some significant padding to your resume? Another question is, are you electable? Are you the best candidate for the job? This is a question that anyone who wishes the best for his or her people should consider. Is there another potential candidate better suited to run and to serve than you are? Is it possible that your running could do more harm than good to your political ideals and priorities? Is there a better role for you politically? If you’re considering running simply as a way to get involved, maybe there’s another and better role for you. Wouldn’t your time and money be better spent in supporting another campaign or serving on a local board or advisory committee? We are known as the dancing generation because of the lyrical content of your songs.

To say in your interviews that you are running because you want to change the system is a lie from the pit of hell. Haven’t you heard that charity begins at home? What changes have you initiated in this madhouse we call entertainment industry? How many of you musicians seeking public office today have come out to protest against injustice artistes are facing in the hands of the cabals on radio? You are scared of challenging the smaller cabals at the radio stations who demand bribe before playing your songs, what would you do when faced with the ogbologbos in politics? You can’t give what you don’t have. A head that can’t produce meaningful lyrics cannot inspire anything meaningful in governance. If you can’t stand for anything with your art, then you surely don’t have what it takes to lead. The content of your songs says a lot about your mental capabilities. What are your long term goals? Are you running because you feel that your so-called fame indicates you can win?

Won’t your personal issues affect your constituency adversely? Or you think the people are ignorant? In politics, the stench in your life will always surface eventually even if you’re not willing to release the information yourself.

The masses have listened to your interviews and they know that most of you don’t have the necessary knowledge of the simplest of issues. There’s nothing like a campaign to expose your ignorance about a particular subject. If someone asked you a question about the particulars of an important issue, are you confident that you would be able to adequately answer it? Are you well informed about the bills or proposals currently under discussion in the elected body that you wish to serve in? Are there some important issues where you could legitimately be considered an expert?

Are you presentable? If you’re not presentable, it will have an adverse effect on your campaign. You are from a job district full of people who mostly care about material things. Don’t you know that in politics, when people think your priorities are different from theirs, they will be skeptical about supporting your candidacy?

Most of you entertainers that lost in the primaries would have been political liabilities, not the assets the people crave. Some shameless nollywooders even went as far as citing Arnold Schwarzenegger’s entry into the California governorship race as their inspiration for running but it didn’t cross their minds that Schwarzenegger wouldn’t have been eligible to run for any election in America if he was a member of any organisation as corrupt and confused as the Actors Guild of Nigeria.

Finally, for those entertainers with intentions of seeking public office in 2019 which is just around the corner, now is the time to start working on those areas you need improvement. Get some professional help if necessary. You were booted out this time around because the people don’t trust your intentions. Today, your status says elegushi loading and tomorrow sees you borrow-posing in an exotic car. You are obviously on a mission to loot. It is appalling that some entertainers are beginning to see politics as kalo-kalo and a place where people thrive in mago-mago. The same desperados have over time exhibited their willingness to put their hands in hot ororo as long as they can bring out the dodo. But that dodo has burnt their mouths this time around.

www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/thank-god-entertainers-lost-their-primaries/

THANKS for this great piece. Our cirizens must be adequately represented by serious minded people ready to serve and not some greedy and selfish aspirants or entertainers going to add to their pockets pretending to serve the people. we all know the entertainment industry is where u belong.pls leave the political terainfoe serious minded people ready to serve

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Infomizer(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2014
mollytinrox:
The one that discombobulated me the most was that Kenny St. Best.

Failed marriage
Failed career.

The dodo really burrned her o

Wikid!!!

1 Like

Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2014
There’s nothing like a campaign to
expose your ignorance about a particular
subject.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Orikinla(m): 10:01am On Dec 13, 2014
[size=18pt]Not all of them lost.

Desmond Elliot won.
Tony One Week won and others too.[/size]
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by lalasticlala(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2014
PrettySpicey:
And once again the truth is boldly spoken but many would despise it.

We all know deep down the reason why most Nigerians hunger desperately for power and Politics but we let them deceive us into believing empty, baseless promises.

Welldone, Excetera and good job for bringing it here, lalasticlala.
Welcm dear
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by madjune(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Having taken time to read what Etcetera wrote; I must say, a great part of it rings true.
Most of them are on the mission to loot and get rich with all that goes with it.

But on another note, I see this write-up as self serving and a "sort of jubilation" of another's downfall.
I say that because, if Etcetera cares more about Nigeria than these entertainers personal ambitionsan he could very well have released this write-up long before they contested.
Must he wait till they fail to put on his thinking cap and write?
On another note too, I've known Etcetera for a long time- though he's a talented singer; he's struggled through years to put out a hit song.
At a point, he went underground and now hustles as a radio presenter.
Nobody wrote any piece about his not qualifying for radio stuff.
As life throws its lemons at people, people react in many ways.
So Etcetera, don't always pointificate.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by 97loodbre(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2014
lalasticlala:
My dear entertainers who just lost out in your quest for public office, can you please gbe enu e soun so that we can concentrate on the election at hand? Despite your claims, we all know the reasons why you sought public office in the first place. So many Nigerians have hurt their knees in praying to God to rid this nation of political miscreants and people with selfish motives in seeking public offices. So the fact that you all lost your primaries is a gargantuan sign that the system does not see you as worthy representatives of the Nigerian youths. You are the reasons why the youths are only being regarded as the future in a time like this when we are supposed to be the present. Why is it surprising to you that you lost in the primaries? The system has been analytically taking notes of your below the par exploits even within the madhouse we call entertainment industry. Don’t you get it, because you are in the sacred ministry of receiving brown envelopes doesn’t make you qualified to administer or make laws.

In case you haven’t heard, there are so many things to consider before running for public office. I can bet that most of you don’t know the issues that matter to the people of your constituency. Have you asked yourself if you are fit for that constituency? What have you done prior to this time for the people you want to represent? You can’t just wake up one morning and ride on a horse down the streets like Apostle Paul on his way to Damascus and expect to be applauded into the government house? Have you built up a sufficient resume? Despite what some people would have us believe, a vast majority of successful political careers are built around impressive resumes.

Think about your resume objectively. Think about running for office as a job interview. How do you stack up to your likely competition? Don’t you think a prior involvement in your constituency would add some significant padding to your resume? Another question is, are you electable? Are you the best candidate for the job? This is a question that anyone who wishes the best for his or her people should consider. Is there another potential candidate better suited to run and to serve than you are? Is it possible that your running could do more harm than good to your political ideals and priorities? Is there a better role for you politically? If you’re considering running simply as a way to get involved, maybe there’s another and better role for you. Wouldn’t your time and money be better spent in supporting another campaign or serving on a local board or advisory committee? We are known as the dancing generation because of the lyrical content of your songs.

To say in your interviews that you are running because you want to change the system is a lie from the pit of hell. Haven’t you heard that charity begins at home? What changes have you initiated in this madhouse we call entertainment industry? How many of you musicians seeking public office today have come out to protest against injustice artistes are facing in the hands of the cabals on radio? You are scared of challenging the smaller cabals at the radio stations who demand bribe before playing your songs, what would you do when faced with the ogbologbos in politics? You can’t give what you don’t have. A head that can’t produce meaningful lyrics cannot inspire anything meaningful in governance. If you can’t stand for anything with your art, then you surely don’t have what it takes to lead. The content of your songs says a lot about your mental capabilities. What are your long term goals? Are you running because you feel that your so-called fame indicates you can win?

Won’t your personal issues affect your constituency adversely? Or you think the people are ignorant? In politics, the stench in your life will always surface eventually even if you’re not willing to release the information yourself.

The masses have listened to your interviews and they know that most of you don’t have the necessary knowledge of the simplest of issues. There’s nothing like a campaign to expose your ignorance about a particular subject. If someone asked you a question about the particulars of an important issue, are you confident that you would be able to adequately answer it? Are you well informed about the bills or proposals currently under discussion in the elected body that you wish to serve in? Are there some important issues where you could legitimately be considered an expert?

Are you presentable? If you’re not presentable, it will have an adverse effect on your campaign. You are from a job district full of people who mostly care about material things. Don’t you know that in politics, when people think your priorities are different from theirs, they will be skeptical about supporting your candidacy?

Most of you entertainers that lost in the primaries would have been political liabilities, not the assets the people crave. Some shameless nollywooders even went as far as citing Arnold Schwarzenegger’s entry into the California governorship race as their inspiration for running but it didn’t cross their minds that Schwarzenegger wouldn’t have been eligible to run for any election in America if he was a member of any organisation as corrupt and confused as the Actors Guild of Nigeria.

Finally, for those entertainers with intentions of seeking public office in 2019 which is just around the corner, now is the time to start working on those areas you need improvement. Get some professional help if necessary. You were booted out this time around because the people don’t trust your intentions. Today, your status says elegushi loading and tomorrow sees you borrow-posing in an exotic car. You are obviously on a mission to loot. It is appalling that some entertainers are beginning to see politics as kalo-kalo and a place where people thrive in mago-mago. The same desperados have over time exhibited their willingness to put their hands in hot ororo as long as they can bring out the dodo. But that dodo has burnt their mouths this time around.

www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/thank-god-entertainers-lost-their-primaries/

1,000,000 likes 4u bro. Ppl who are full of all sorts of scandals, immoralities and inferiority complex 2d western artiste now think themselves fit 2represent us. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by smudge2079(m): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2014
Bitter truth.
Re: Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera by Synthase(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]Not all of them lost.

Desmond Elliot won.
Tony One Week won and others too.[/size]
Ofcourse! The post is a veiled attack against 9ice no more no less! You need not be an intelligent person to decipher this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kunle Afolayan Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday / Stella Damasus’ Second Marriage Collapses ( How True Is This?) / Brotherly Love: Ramsey Nouah, Kunle Afolayan, Gideon Okeke Share Selfie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.