Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? (23994 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Stephxoblessed(f): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
kazlaw2000:

You are a very patient person. Kudos. I may not be able to withstand such brazeness from my wife. I would be firm but stop short of raising my hands on her. But i would let her know i wouldnt stand for such rascality. But going to the extent of locking yourself in a room to escape? Nah. Thats too weak.

I dnt think that is weak.thats maturity and i respect him more.

1 Like

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by yemivictor: 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
HARDDON:

The guy is a sissy ....wimp......wussbag ....

Imagine a man that paid her bride price running n locking himself up. Imagine him pleading with poppy voice in a locked room. Imagine his Wify giving him d beating of his life.

Op, she got ur balls menh. She dah house boss n u dah errand boy. I bet she always have her way too. U r always wrong I suppose.

Sissy op listen, do everything it takes to get ur balls back. Even if it means giving her a Hawt slap d next time a heated argument pops up. U cant hv ur wife talk back @ u. Slap some sense into her. She would be so shocked n respect u from thence.
You ain't d head of d home for fun

From other's experience, I can tell u there r ladies that Luv their men to take charge n be in control. Which u ain't currently doing. Place ur foot down next time even if u r wrong n melt her d silent treatment if she wouldn't bulge

If she wouldn't "bulge"?!! Hmmm! I may have to resign from NL afterall....
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Shirley07: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Leave the house for weeks and tell her it would continue like this if she doesn't change her temperament.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by yemivictor: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
fr3do:
Flying nodding angry

LWKMD! You can't be serious.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
aisha2:
Sorry to say poster, you sound like a typical abuse victim. Excusing your abuser, justifying their actions and using love as a reaosn for their actions.

You come home tired and stressed, even when you don't talk the sensible reaction is to ensure you are fine find out why you are late and try to make you comfortable not jump sorry sky rocket into conclusion and start biting hitting and slapping.

Am sorry your wife needs help. She will do it again. Tomorrow you may give your colleague a ride and she will see you and be home waiting with hot water.
Forget shame and ego, either handle this now or live satisfying her insecurities.

He will wait till she cuts off his manhood in his sleep before he will know what the time is.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by yemivictor: 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
coogar:

he resolved it the first time too, didn't he? you don't tackle problems on the surface, you get to the roots. he might have forgiven her but her anger management issues need to be tackled to prevent another occurrence.

A million e-kisses to you. NL needs more minds like yours...
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by 19naia(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
chowlade:

not all lady will let you fu*ck under this tense situation if some women r provoked my broda u will not think of above long written poem

Yes true, some are bloody murder from start to finish.. I think i am gaining better insight these days on how to spot women like that and avoid them from the very first day we cross paths...
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by yemivictor: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
SirShymex:

There was no way I would've kicked her out like that. The madness and serious arguments started after we were like a year and half deep into it. And most times, it was always my fault, and I'm the type of guy that never shy away from taking responsibilities. I was in Uni back then, on the YOLO wave - wild and living the life. It was a case of consciously/subconsciously taking the piss, cos I had her on lock - and I knew she wasn't going anywhere. All she wanted was more attention, and for me to grow with her cos I was all she cared about. But when you're in a space where there's so much fun around, with a gang of friends who just wanted to ride the wave with you. It's basically difficult to do that. But I understood where she was coming from. Hence I had to hang in there, and soak up all her emotional/temper tantrums. Also, we kind of grew up together, and she gave me 110% (also a rider) - the type you don't meet everyday. So, there was no way I would've kicked her out. The ball was in my court to change/grow.

Anyway, as for the thread/topic - I think communication/counselling can do wonders. When it comes to domestic violence, if those involved aren't naturally violent/disrespectful. And it's something within the relationship that's acting as a catalyst/trigger for it, couples need to drop their egos, and talk about it. A change in approach might just be the spark needed to solve the problem. Walking away isn't always the answer, especially when you have invested so much in the relationship. Some people just don't know how to handle their emotions, and once you can understand that - you might need to change ya approach/rules-of-engagement with them. And shoulder punch isn't a bad idea, if it can temporarily make the abusive partner disengage for a short period - pending when everything would be defused lol. However, when weapons start getting involved - run for ya life!!! grin

The only problem I've with women is that: they make domestic violence seem like it's a male thing. When that isn't the case. Women can be abusive/violent as well - and most times, they also provoke the violence.

Please what is "YOLO wave" sir?
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
yemivictor:

Please what is "YOLO wave" sir?

You Only Live Once.

And the wave is about being young and wild, and enjoying ya youth. You are only young once as well. So you gotta ride that wave lol.

2 Likes

Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by eckersley: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
HARDDON:

The guy is a sissy ....wimp......wussbag ....

Imagine a man that paid her bride price running n locking himself up. Imagine him pleading with poppy voice in a locked room. Imagine his Wify giving him d beating of his life.

Op, she got ur balls menh. She dah house boss n u dah errand boy. I bet she always have her way too. U r always wrong I suppose.

Sissy op listen, do everything it takes to get ur balls back. Even if it means giving her a Hawt slap d next time a heated argument pops up. U cant hv ur wife talk back @ u. Slap some sense into her. She would be so shocked n respect u from thence.
You ain't d head of d home for fun

From other's experience, I can tell u there r ladies that Luv their men to take charge n be in control. Which u ain't currently doing. Place ur foot down next time even if u r wrong n melt her d silent treatment if she wouldn't bulge
Which of the foot should he put down?
The left or right?
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Kingexcellence(m): 1:02am On Dec 15, 2014
Timbuktou:
You and the OP are kindred spirits. You will learn the hard way.

You have probably been tormented by 'wrong' ladies. Your wife in the tru context of it will feel remorse for going haywire foor a few minute. She undrstands what that might cost the relationship. She cannot just bear your emotional distress. She's connected to you really, your pains becomes her's, thats the truth.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
No person (male or female) deserves to be in a marriage he or she is abused and unhappy, simple.
Tallesty1:
Cococandy, Mondisweets....eerrrmm, This young man needs unah.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by vanitty: 8:35am On Dec 17, 2014
Situations like this happens more than we know but unfortunately the way society is set up, there is this general belief that women are the weaker sex but trust me that is totally not true.

Sure, a man MAY be stronger physically but a woman MAY kill emotionally and render you useless you with her tongue.

That been said, I can assure you that you handled it perfectly, had you reciprocated, you would have been the one in the wrong ( another society set up)

You sir , need to take it a step further, she has done it twice and she has more or less escaped scot - free. Remember the adage, fool me once, shame on you, twice shame on me.

I will suggest you have a serious one to one with her, labelled the point and please stick to it, think of it as a contract if you must. Next time, she abuses you in any shape or form, stick to any agreement you have. Let her understand there are repercussions for her actions.

Hitting is not cute!

Lastly, communication. If there is something off with your routine/pattern for the day, take time out, even just 5 minutes and talk to her about it. Why you will be late etc.

Good luck and yes you are right, marriage is not child play!!

Most men are seen as the monster for hitting back even though the wife had done it for eons. Something about life not being fair springs to mind and why I personally think all this male - female equality will never work.
Re: How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? by hughjass: 12:48am On Jun 03, 2020
Women love tough guys who do the things mentioned, but will willingly take spankings when requested like in the photo.

tintingz:
[size=14pt]Many women love tough guys who can control and handle them hardly, we can read some women comments in this thread. cheesy

Women know how to push men to the wall by nagging, punching, slapping etc but when a man retaliate it is another story[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-xn8IRatwdE4/UcUxjZJN9kI/AAAAAAAAvww/dKvw8c9CtFA/s320/a+a+a+a+man+spanks+woman.jpg[/img]

[size=15pt]Men just walk away, ignore when a woman is nagging, then when she's calm talk sense to are brain, give her warnings/boundries [/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? / Should I Relocate My Family To My Base Or Not. / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.