Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,424 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. (45873 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by eunisam: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
Emirate
eunisam
dominicule
vigorous
chibarbie
onemansquad
obumsway
kingsphilip
bigwig97.

And many others..
A goodu morning to you all
goodorning too
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by obumsway(m): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2015
gud mrning chiwe .... Pls we need mre update ...!!!! Waiting patiently like a tortoise !!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Champele(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2015
Goodmorning Chinwe,thanks for updating me of your update.'i go dey follow you like we dey go rally'in rugged man's voice.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
The first thing I noticed when I entered my parents room was that the enlarged photograph of mama and papa was no longer hanging on the wall adjacent to thier wardrobe.
The photograph was a black and white outdated picture of mama in white wedding gown and papa in black suit,as far as i could remember that photograph was never removed from its position except when mama removed the cobwebs behind it.
My gaze fell on papa who was skimming through the 'sing to jehovah' hymn book with yellow cover that had people of various race and colour singing and smiling on the front cover.
Could I be that happy? I pondered.
"papa good afternoon"i greeted at last.
He raised his eyes from the book,his brows were creased in a frown.
"emeka you have shamed me"he began,dropping the book on the bedside table.
I shuffled my feets uncomfortable,i was expecting something worse from papa,I expected him to fly into his endless tantrums.
I came prepared,i was shocked beyond words when papa dismissed me with a wave of the hand.
"go,you are not my son"he retorted scornfully.
"papa..pa..pa"i stuttered,i couldnt bring my self to speak.
"any child of mine that go against the teaching of jehovah cease to become my child,i cant stomach that stupidity from any of you..listen,rehoboam the son of solomon should be enough lesson to you.instead of listening to the voice of the elders he choosed that of his contempoary agemates,he foolishly said 'my father chastised you with whip but i will chastise you with scorpion' what became his fate?"papa asked.
I couldnt reply.he continued "emeka between you and I let me tell you the truth,it would be my utmost joy if you werent granted bail. Let this sound as a determent to you and your gang!" he concluded without raising his voice a notch higher.
I silently walked out of the room,for the hundreth time that week i cursed myself for paying heed to chuks words.
PAPA!!
That man was a pain in the ass,i believed i was unfortunate to have a man like that as my father.
I hate him..
Yes I hate him.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

For the second time that day i had the shock of my life,i had just opened the front door when lo and behold ogechi walked into the compound with.....
Quess who

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by omotalkie(f): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Her mum! Following
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Champele(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Her parents ofcourse.hope her papa no bi soldier,na dia wahala go bust.waiting......
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by AlienStar: 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
grin chioma d gal 4rm ur congregation i fink.
PS: 9ce story line more ink to ur pen & more mb to ur fone
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by ruffhandu: 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

thanks, i was baptised in catholic,grew up and schooled in catholic. Became a JW for a couple of months..
Chinweblinkz, @ the bolded above and your response below.
Chinweblinkz:

not yet....
You want to confuse my head abi? I dey enjoy your flow sha.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by bigwig97(m): 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
hey, chinwe gud evening oh! m enjoying ur story die!! ogechi came with her mum!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=bigwig97 post=29979159]hey, chinwe gud evening oh! m enjoying ur story die!! ogechi came with her mum![/quote Also thinking d same tin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by storitela: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
My parents are devout withnesses,my father was an outstanding elder in our congregration and my mother was a regular pioneer-regular pioneers are people who devote thier time to tell people about jehovah..
Although i was born into a Godly family i was more of a rebel,jehovah withnesses are never stubborn my parents keep reminding me..
My parents were unfortunate to have a bully like me as an only son,mama would always tell me that an only palm fruit never get lost in the fire.
But did i pay heed to her words??
Emeka! Emeka!'' mama's voice woked me up from my stupor,i was unconciously folding the awake magazine.
''mama good afternoon'' i greeted. I was surprised to see her at home,when i had arrived from my friends place my youngest sibling had told me that she had gone for field service.
''you look troubled,what is it?'' she asked as she came to sit beside me on the bench, i was so fond of mama,although she had given birth to five girls before me,people preferred to call her mama-Emeka, i was so close to her much to the envy of my siblings.
''mama something is troubling me'' i began
''what is it?''
''there is this young girl i love so much and am thinking of marrying her''
''hope she is a withness?''
i sighed ''no mama,she is not a withness,but i love her so much,and i want to make her the mother of my babies''
''taaaaa''mama rebuked me,her eyes fiery red.
''thats rubbish,you better remove that thought from my mind..you hear me?''
my heart sanked,i had feared telling mama about nkeiru.
I knew no staunch withness will be in support of my marrying someone who isnt our fellow member.
But i loved nkeiru so much....
''have you forgotten solomon in the bible,when he married out of thier tribe,he started worshipping idols''
''but mama she is not an idol worshipper'' i interrupted her..
''hush what do you know? Doesnt she celebrate christmas? The both of Us know that 25th december is an ancient pagan holiday in worship of the sol-invictus the unconquerred sun which was the enjoyable period of longer days and shorter nights.''mama was saying.
I sighed and stood up
''mama i love nkeiru,it is not her religion that am marrying,but herself''
i retorted and walked away

enjoying this
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Yeahme06(f): 2:05am On Jan 22, 2015
Chinwe... I dont like suspense, waiting for d nxt update
Madam, u r good #thumbs up
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Champele(m): 2:41am On Jan 22, 2015
Chinwe,where is the family photos,or why was it removed?.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Yeahme06:
Chinwe... I dont like suspense, waiting for d nxt update
Madam, u r good #thumbs up

thanks

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 22, 2015
Champele:
Chinwe,where is the family photos,or why was it removed?.

i wil get to dah soon.
Sit tight

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 22, 2015
storitela:

enjoying this

yeah,sit tight
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 22, 2015
ruffhandu:

Chinweblinkz, @ the bolded above and your response below.
You want to confuse my head abi? I dey enjoy your flow sha.
dont be confused,i was once a member bt my parents were firmly against my membership,so i withdrew..bt i intend to go bk when am no longer under thier roof

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 22, 2015
AlienStar:
grin chioma d gal 4rm ur congregation i fink.
PS: 9ce story line more ink to ur pen & more mb to ur fone

thanks darlingg

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by ruffhandu: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

dont be confused,i was once a member bt my parents were firmly against my membership,so i withdrew..bt i intend to go bk when am no longer under thier roof

Ok then. Flow on.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by aprilwise(m): 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
I know it not easy to type nd update. But if you want this story to be interesting stop unnecessary suspense. Mecci

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
It was chioma,the girl i had given the asha 205,i felt breathless and embarassed,my heart beat accelerated as I remembered the funny but provocative message i had sent her.
Why did ogechi bring her here naa? I pondered.
"emmy howfar"ogechi called out as they covered the distance between Us.
"am fine"i replied quietly,i noticed chioma was nervous and shy,she couldnt bring herself to look into my eyes.
Good!
I led them into the sitting room.
"what can I get for you both?" i asked immediately they settled comfortably on the cushion.
"haa,dont bother yourself,we were on our way from field service when we decided to drop by and see you" ogechi remarked.
"how was today's field service" i found myself asking as i fought myself not to stare at chioma's ethreal beauty.
There was something that pulled me closer to her like a magnet.
"we thank jehovah,what of your mother?"oge asked flippantly,darting her eyes from one object to another.
Her gaze stopped at the plasma telivision and the home theater,i could see the fire of admiration in her eyes as they caressed the electronics.
"she went out" i replied and took a deep breath,we got engrossed in a petty conservation in which chioma wasnt involved.
I so much craved to hear her voice and i prayed ogechi would excuse Us so I would apologise for my nasty message a week or thereabout ago.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
i woked up around one o clock a.m and dialled chioma's number.i was disappointed and crestfallen when the 'oyibo voice' remarked "the mtn mumber you are trying to call is kindly switched off please try again later thank you"
thank wetin?? I hissed angrilly.
Chioma..chioma..
I havent felt for anyone this way.
Imagine I emeka that hardly gives females money or anything,readily gave chioma a new model,hot cake asha 205 nokia phone without having any regrets.
I had to do something,i quickly dialled nkeiru's number,she picked the call on second ring,as if she had been waiting for my call.
"babe am sorry for waking you" i started,groping for the right words.
"no probs" she replied,her voice sounded croakish,i had squalms,i shouldnt have woken her up this early.
"babe there is something i want us to discuss about"
"yeah go on."
i took a deep breath and rapidly said a silent prayer for luck.
"angel i dont know how this may sound to you..."i paused and sighed.
I wished i had the gift of oratory like my once friend chuka.
"nkeiru listen to me and please try to understand,am saying this not because i dont love you but because i want a great future for our children"
i paused dramatically.
Future and children?? No be today..i mused.
"emmy what are you trying to say" nkeiru's voice sounded edgy.
"what am saying is that things arent going for me well as i had expected and i dont want to burden myself with this responsibility when am not prepared for it,so please understand me,a baby is not what we need now"
"are you saying I should abort the baby?" nkeiru flared.
"dont use the words abort and baby,because number you are not aborting anything,you are only some few weeks gone,so it is just blood,i see no harm in terminating the pregnancy" i said,diplomatically.
Nkeiru's breathing became loud and rasp,i knew she was spoiling for a fight.
"emeka,am not terminating anything,dont make me to,remember you are the only son"
i felt angry all of a sudden.
"yes am the only son! Is that why you want to tie me down with a pregnancy that obviously isnt mine" i nearly shouted.
There was absolute tranquil at the other end,i thought she had disconnected the call.
"what what what did you just say??"her voice sounded weak and humilated.
I rolled my eyes.
What had i just said??

#goodnight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
jeez! Dat guy needs a dirty slap.........tanx dear for dis supper...g'nyt!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 23, 2015
Vigorous
onemansquad
aprilwise
obumsway
tempem
christar01
chibarbie
bigwig97
dominicule
ruffhandu
storitela
alienstar
champele
omotalkie
emirate01
eunisam

and chioma....my secret admirer.
Una goodu goodu morning

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by omotalkie(f): 7:06am On Jan 23, 2015
Morning ooo. Nyc update I jst feel for Nkeiru
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
The crowing of cocks in the nieghbourhood woked me up,i stretched and yawned,sitting up on the bed.
I felt absolutely tired,yesterday had been filled with one event to another.yet I was happy that i hadnt woken up in jail,i had had a nasty nightmare and immediately i woked up I had heaved a sigh of relief.
I hadnt woken up beside the awful smelling salimu!!
A timid knock sounded on the door,i groaned and stood up.
Mama was standing at the door when I opened it.
"mama good morning" i greeted.
"morning"she replied,stiffling a yawn,i opened the door wider and she entered inside the room.
For the first time in the past days i took a close look at her,i noticed the small dark circles under her eyes,her face had lost it plumpiness,the cheeks were not fleshy,they hugged the bones.
I felt triggered by what i saw.
What had turned mama into a walking skeleton..I pondered as i perched on the bedside table while mama lowered her bulk on the bed.
"mama whats happening?" i found myself asking,i couldnt stop the words from flowing out.
She sighed "what do you mean by what is happening?" she asked in a weak voice.
"you look emaciated"
"thats how i should look,do you think i ate during those days you were in jail..no,it is only a heartless woman that will feel comfortable while her son is in jail"she paused and busied herself with arranging the ruffled bedsheets.
"mama am sorry for all you have been through because of me,am forever indebted to you" i said with compassion.
"it is alright"she assured me with a wane smile that didnt show in her eyes.
I silently sat beside her,fearing the worse.
I knew mama didnt come all the way to my room for a petty conversation about jail.
What was it that she couldnt stomach again??
Papa of course

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by kingphilip(m): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
emeka time don expire for d house o
na wow for d father o

any which way chinwe nice one
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
nice 1 dear.............evening people
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
The day turned out bad for me,mama had filled my head with papa's unjust treatment to her,i just wished i could lay my hands on him,but my been a jehovah withness restrained me from doing so.
Papa!
I had taken my first official outing after been fed up with staying indoor,i put on a fresh lux singlet,navy blue chinos trouser and a white striped vest.
I had barely stepped into the street when I bumped into a young girl,the basin of raw eggs she was carrying on her head collapsed and the surrounding floor became a total mess.
"am really sorry please" i mumbled,helpless.
The young girl Ignored me and picked up the basin.
"how much is the total amount of the eggs?" i asked,fishing into my back trouser pocket for my wallet.
"two thousand naira,i just bought it from that woman's stall"she pointed.
I smiled and swallowed,two thousand naire gone gone go!!
As I gave her the money i thought about what I would have purchased with those two clean white notes.
She thanked me and zoomed off while i continued walking.
I had planned to visit chuka earlier,just give him the shock of his life.
But thinking about it from a different corner i believed it was unwise for me to visit him,his action had proved he had nothing to do with me.
I had my shop keys with me,i took the next turn,walking towards the direction of the shop.
Immediately i got there I unlocked the protector door and started dusting the place,it seemed i had left for a year,there were so many cobwebs here and there.
"emmy so U decide to come today" a male voice sounded from outside.
I looked up,it was onyema one of my patronisers.
"haa onyi howfar naa?" i asked as i dropped the broom and stretched.
"fine fine,i think say U don go malaysia sef" he retorted in pidgin english.
I laughed out "you funny oo,so U think say person like me dey think about malaysia...U dey carry last oo" i replied,likewise in pidgin.
"but where U go kwanu?" onyema asked as he came to perch on my workshop table.
"my dear kasala burst oo"
his eyes popped up,if he was a dog i could have swore his tails wagged as if i had mentioned bones.
"wetin happen?"he asked,druming his fingers on the table,something he always did when he heard something juicy.
"good morning"nkeiru greeted from the entrance,i could swear that my heart nearly flew out of my mouth,i couldnt reply her greeting,i just stood speechless staring at her.
Onyema cleared his throat and excused himself upon noticing the awkward scene before him.
"what bring you here?" i finally asked just as onyema left the shop.
She took her time,adjusting her skirt and flipping her hair behind her ear.
"i came here for a reason and you have to hear me out"she remarked,lowering her bulk on the armchair.
I folded my hands on my chest and stood nonchalantly,staring hard at her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by VigorousV(f): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
chai!.........emeka dae vex me oooooo
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by drfunso1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
Orton and John Cena wan fight WWE.
Updateeeeeeeeeee.......
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by MightyFortress: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Cool.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Withness.. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
Happy sunday.
Am sorry for not updating today.
Will make it up tommorow.
Anyways,the comments and likes arent encouraging

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The University Village - A Story / The Tenth Generation / Hearts and Hints Magazines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.