Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR (2900 Views)

Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Ohanaeze Leaders Yet To Agree On Confab Agenda / Akala, Daniel, Ohakim Etc Report Or Be Declared Wanted - Efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Amitex(m): 6:23am On Dec 14, 2014
THE SOUTH AND MIDDLE BELT SHOULD DEMAND BUHARI SIGNS A CONTRACT ON IMPLEMENTING THE OUTCOME OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE.

December 12, 2014 Festus Owete

Delegates to the recently concluded 2014 national conference have launched a fresh and elaborate bid to scuttle President Goodluck Jonathan’s plan to implement the report of the conference, PREMIUM TIMES can report today.

The delegates, under the aegis of Northern Delegates Forum, NDF, in a post-mortem presentation to “stakeholders, institution and leaders” of the North, rejected some of the recommendations of the Confab, which they claimed were smuggled into the final report by the Presidency.

They also restated their opposition to the process of nomination to the conference and the procedure adopted by its leadership.
The 492-member conference began on March 17 and ended August 21 when its report was presented to Mr. Jonathan.

When he received the report, which is in three volumes, including a “Draft Constitution”, Mr. Jonathan assured that the recommendations contained therein would be implemented.

“Let me reaffirm this: Nobody has a monopoly of knowledge. We who are in government need to feed from the thoughts of those who elected us into power. You have done your patriotic duty. We the elected must now do ours.

“As I receive the report of your painstaking deliberations, let me assure that your work is not going to be a waste of time and resources. We shall do all we can to ensure the implementation of your recommendations, which have come out of consensus and not by divisions.”

In September, the president constituted a seven-member panel headed by the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, to implement the report.

Mr. Jonathan reiterated his plan to implement the Confab report on November 11 when he declared his re-election bid.

“In the first quarter of this year, our country celebrated its centenary. To prepare the nation for the challenges of the next one hundred years, I convened a national conference where recommendations and resolutions were reached towards a more perfect union. We shall implement the report,” he said.

During the period the conference lasted, the northerners, under the aegis of the NDF, co-chaired by former Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Coomassie, and former Information Minister, Jerry Gana, objected to some proposals during plenary.

In a protest letter to the Chairman of the conference, Idris Kutigi, in July, the NDF, opposed the “draft constitution” and demanded its withdrawal from circulation.

“We call upon the leadership of the conference to discountenance and withdraw the ‘draft Constitution’ and the accompanying bills which have been circulated,” the group said.

“We urge the conference leadership to table the draft conference report which contains only the resolutions openly and officially sanctioned and adopted by delegates for validation and adoption as provided for under the national conference Procedure Rules, 2014 and as envisaged in the Work Plan adopted.”

However, in the latest protest, the Forum, in the 35-page document dated October 15, demanded the jettisoning of the report because it contains some recommendations allegedly smuggled in by the Federal Government.
The document, which suggested the President is working to discredit and weaken the region, is being widely circulated in the region.

It specifically said the proposal for the creation of 18 news states, their capitals and local governments was brought in by the government.

It said, “The importation of a new Nigerian map into the final report with names of additional states and their boundaries, new state capitals and local governments when in effect, the conference plenary only stopped at presenting various memos received by its relevant committee attests to the description of the conference sponsors to level up, or surpass the North in number of states and local governments, using all foul means at their disposal.”

The Forum contended that it would be “offensive to rudimentary concept of justice” should new states be created on the basis of equality without consideration for land mass, population or economic viability.

“After all, injustice is not only when equals are treated unequally, but also when unequal (s) are treated equally.”

The northern delegates also said that the conference was characterised by a range of irregularities as some items and agenda, which were not part of the original mandates of the sub-committees, were smuggled in.

It listed such items to include issues of referendum, resource democracy and creation of additional states, which it said was not based on any known constitutional criteria.

The group argued that ‘referendum’ clause was neither assigned to any of the 20 Committees as agenda item nor discussed at plenary but nonetheless found its way into the conference report as a recommendation for constitutional amendment.

On “Resource Democracy,” the group it said was brought in by the sub-committee on Environment, though the mandate fell on the Committee on Devolution of Power.

“Nonetheless, the leadership of the conference allowed voice votes to be taken on them despite vehement protestations of several occasions,” it said.

“Again, all attempts to subject voice votes to actual voting were declined by conference leadership, contrary to the rules of procedure.”

The group further alleged that the government deliberately abused both procedure and criteria for selection of delegates at the conception stage of the conference.

It alleged that the government consciously staged-managed the conference as part of a calculated plot to weaken and undermine the unity of the North, while it pursued its consolidation agenda for a greater South.

According to the group, it is on record that the government was funding and working hand-in-hand with media barons from the South, especially of Niger Delta extraction who dominate both the electronic, print and internet-based media.

“That task was to feed the nation on diets of anti-North propaganda – lies, threats, and hate speech,” it said.

The group said apart from making oral and written representations to the conference leadership, some faith-based organisations and Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, also made physical representations to both Mr. Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo, on disagreeable issues that arose in the course of the conference, but that there was no remediation whatsoever.

It claimed that the protest to the president was, instead, greeted with ‘addendum list’, which neither impressed, nor assuage the fears of the vast majority of Nigerians, and Northerners in particular.

“In fact, to insult the sensibilities of the North, the addendum list was made up of three legal practitioners from the South, with ties to the present government.”

It also said when the conference insisted on voting over the contentious issue of revenue derivation as it currently stands, the conference once again resorted to “escapism by hiding under the recommendation of the conference’s wise men committee to refer the matter back to the presidency, in favour of an advisory committee to settle the matter, amicably.”

The group therefore demanded that the Draft Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 2014,” should be jettisoned while all decisions touching on the constitutional amendments as “proposed Amendments to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999”.

It also called for the rejection of any documents purporting to be “Proposed Bills to Adopt a Draft Constitution, 2014.”

The group also demanded the rejection of the new map of Nigeria with additional states, and local governments, and instead subject all requests to scrutiny based on constitutional and other criteria.

It also asked the government to decline approval of diaspora voting and upward review of revenue allocation formula for oil producing states, which it said was as agreed by the confab.

It said, “Generally, reject all “smuggled” items that were otherwise not deliberated upon, or conclusively resolved in the course of the defunct national conference such as removal of names of local government from Schedule II of the 1999 Constitution and other potentially harmful proposals to the North and Nigeria in that order.”

A member of the group, Sani Zorro, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES about the moves to stop Mr. Jonathan from implementing the report of the conference.

“It (report) is discredited. We don’t have a report because it has been discredited. We have circulated a pamphlet to the entire members of the national Assembly (on this),” he said.

Mr. Zorro, a former national President of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, which it represented at the conference, said the Presidency smuggled in the 18 proposed states.
He said, “The Presidency came with these 18 states. We never knew anything about 18 states.

“In the conference report, we mentioned those who submitted memoranda for the creation of state but we didn’t approve the creation of states or local government.

“But when it went to these people at the presidency they cooked up these because they said they want to bridge the difference between the North and the South. When they had done that they allocated eight to the North and they took 10.”
Efforts by PREMIUM TIMES to get the response of the presidency to the allegation, failed.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe, did not reply a text message sent to him.

However, the spokesperson of the conference, Akpandem James, debunked the group’s claims.

“I have not seen the document you are talking about, however, how can they say the presidency smuggled something into the report and where did the presidency do that?” he told this newspaper in a telephone interview.

Stating that the report of the conference had since become a public document, Mr. James explained that it actually received requests for new states but did not recommended that the states be created.

According to him, the conference merely presented conditions to be met by the proposed states before they are created.

He said, “If any of the states meets the conditions then that they can be created. But these are merely recommendations and it is left for the government to accept or reject. If you look at those requests, many of them cannot qualify.

“The conference did not create states. The conference made recommendations based on proposals and the conference made conditions for the creation of states.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173189-exclusive-north-launches-fresh-attack-on-jonathan-wants-implementation-of-national-conference-report-halted.html
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Uncleodi(m): 6:28am On Dec 14, 2014
Sure
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by GboyegaD(m): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2014
Na wah ooo. Buhari this, Buhari that. Make we let the guy rest abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Validated: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2014
This is a very relevant discussion. The North is against true federalism and equality of the contraption called Nigeria. The conference was a first ever win-win position taken by our leaders whether we like it or not.

If APC and Buhari truly have interest of Nigerians and especially Southern Nigeria and the Middle-Belt, this is the time to take a position. Anything else, the South including SW should leave the North to their myopic grand standing. I believe PDP will be stressing this point in weeks to come.

To my Southern and Middle-Belt brethren, the only chance to restructure Nigeria is to IMPLEMENT FULLY the outcome of the National conference.

Please, DO NOT VOTE ANYONE NOT READY TO IMPLEMENT THE CONFERENCE REPORT!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by jamace(m): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2014
This looks good.
Has Buhari in all his speeches made reference to the outcome of the national conference?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by wirinet(m): 7:35am On Dec 14, 2014
Get this into your heads; THE PRESIDENT DO NOT HAVE THE POWERS TO IMPLIMENT ANY CONSTITUTIONAL CONFERENCE REPORTS, that is according to the 1999 constitution.

Every president of head of state since Babangida had held National Conference with the reports gathering dust in the achives. They always do it just to buy time and distract the people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 14, 2014
These are the issues that people should be talking about...issues that are germane to development, way of live and the governance....

...but we've been all so preoccupied with unnecessary issues of tribe and religion that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with development.

PDP....out of nothing of substance to campaign upon has capitalized on our religion and tribe fault lines as their main campaign tool...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2014
ilugunboy:
These are the issues that people should be talking about...issues that are germane to development, way of live and the governance....

...but we've been all so preoccupied with unnecessary issues of tribe and religion that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with development.

PDP....out of nothing of substance to campaign upon has capitalized on our religion and tribe fault lines as their main campaign tool...

The conference (whether we like it or not) achieved some modest starting point that would catalyst a new Nigeria. I support the presidential candidates must tell us what they will do with the document.

Truly South and Middle Belt must take a firm position on this. If not, Nigeria may go the way of Yugoslavia (God forbid). The North is currently too blinded to see this.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 14, 2014
wirinet:
Get this into your heads; THE PRESIDENT DO NOT HAVE THE POWERS TO IMPLIMENT ANY CONSTITUTIONAL CONFERENCE REPORTS, that is according to the 1999 constitution.

Every president of head of state since Babangida had held National Conference with the reports gathering dust in the achives. They always do it just to buy time and distract the people.

We the people of Nigeria have a right to demand that the report be implemented. The earlier we focus on issue based politics the better.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by wirinet(m): 7:50am On Dec 14, 2014
Xetima:

We the people of Nigeria have a right to demand that the report be implemented. The earlier we focus on issue based politics the better.

We the people of Nigeria are represented (supposedly) by the National Assembly (according to the 1999 constitution) and not a commitee constituted by the president, governors and a few bodies.

How will a president change the constitution without the National Assembly and all state assemblies? Any thing done outside the constitution will be declared null and void by the courts (just like the Interim Government of Sonekan)

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2014
It matters not to me whether buhari takes a stand or takes a fall on the charade called Confab, my number 1 priority is to vote out Mr Clueless come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Validated: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2014
wirinet:

We the people of Nigeria are represented (supposedly) by the National Assembly (according to the 1999 constitution) and not a commitee constituted by the president, governors and a few bodies.

How will a president change the constitution without the National Assembly and all state assemblies? Any thing done outside the constitution will be declared null and void by the courts (just like the Interim Government of Sonekan)

Any of the candidates that would not sign a contract to push for implementation of the report of the CONFAB should forget Southern and Middle-Belt votes.

Such candidate has no business seeking elective office in the first place, talk less of the office of President. All the president has to do is to present the draft to the new National Assembly and lobby for its full implementation. It requires WILL POWER and that is the contract the South and Middle Belt should extract from GEJ and GMB. This is the real change we want!!!

I support this stand. The North cannot always have it their way. I am sure GEJ would push for its implementation but if Buhari will look the other way, I will personally campaign against him on this.

Nigeria MUST move forward.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by aydoth(m): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2014
WHAT PROMINENTS NIGERIANS SAY ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wither he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by JANK23H(m): 8:29am On Dec 14, 2014
Maple:
It matters not to me whether buhari takes a stand or takes a fall on the charade called Confab, my number 1 priority is to vote out Mr Clueless come 2015.
Then you are the dumbest man ever liveth. Continue to wallow in hate.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Validated: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2014
aydoth:
WHAT PROMINENTS NIGERIANS SAY ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wither he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

Meanwhile, what do ordinary Nigerians say about him?

- Corrupt: N2.8Billion (1978) missing and declared that Abacha was "not corrupt"

- 53 Suitcases missing

- PTF scam under his watch aided Abacha loots

- Destroyed Nigeria by staging the coup that brought himself, IBB, Abacha. That action alone makes him unfit for civilian presidency

- Clamped down on Nigerian press (Decree 4 of 1984)

- Jailed only Southern politicians and assumed their northern counterparts were saints

- Over 83% of his ministers, governors, etc were Northerners

- Activated the riot that killed innocent Youth Corp members in the North after losing 2011 elections

- Fingered as being behind Boko-Haram

- Serial loser of elections and a customer to Election Tribunals

- Islamic fundamentalist who seeks to implement Sharia across the nation

- Introduced trade-by-barter in 20th Century

- Octogenarian seeking to rule in the jet and computer age

- Promises to stabilize international oil prices. A clear indication of economic ignorance

- Claims to have "atleast N1m" whereas he has been bankrolling president elections every four years

- Never worked anywhere since 1984

- Never improved himself educationally since leaving military college in the 70's

- Jailed Fela for no reason

- Murdered Ojuolape and co by backdating his murderous decree

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by mistabiola: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2014
Validated:

Meanwhile, what do ordinary Nigerians say about him?

- Corrupt: N2.8Billion (1978) missing and declared that Abacha was "not corrupt"

- 53 Suitcases missing

- PTF scam under his watch aided Abacha loots

- Destroyed Nigeria by staging the coup that brought himself, IBB, Abacha. That action alone makes him unfit for civilian presidency

- Clamped down on Nigerian press (Decree 4 of 1984)

- Jailed only Southern politicians and assumed their northern counterparts were saints

- Over 83% of his ministers, governors, etc were Northerners

- Activated the riot that killed innocent Youth Corp members in the North after losing 2011 elections

- Fingered as being behind Boko-Haram

- Serial loser of elections and a customer to Election Tribunals

- Islamic fundamentalist who seeks to implement Sharia across the nation

- Introduced trade-by-barter in 20th Century

- Octogenarian seeking to rule in the jet and computer age

- Promises to stabilize international oil prices. A clear indication of economic ignorance

- Claims to have "atleast N1m" whereas he has been bankrolling president elections every four years

- Never worked anywhere since 1984

- Never improved himself educationally since leaving military college in the 70's

- Jailed Fela for no reason

- Murdered Ojuolape and co by backdating his murderous decree

Your opinion is very irrelevant cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Amitex(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2014
This campaign should be issue based. We should avoid being sentimental. If you cannot improve what is on ground, do not aspire to destroy the little progress we have made. Neither Buhari nor Jonthan is going to feed my family or yours but we can look at them and demand that they put structures in place to better Nigeria.

Our discussion should focus on ISSUES! ISSUES!! ISSUES!!!

Not abuses and derogatory languages

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2014
JANK23H:

Then you are the dumbest man ever liveth. Continue to wallow in hate.

eh yahh....e dey pain u? Well, you can call me whatever u like, Mr clueless is not getting my vote and those of many others who would no longer fall for the Op's desperate campaigns of calumny, sectarianism, tribalism, and regionalism against GMB, all in a bid to sell xpired product (GEJ) which is no longer marketable. This is not 2011, Many Nigerians are wiser now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by cocoduck: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2014
Maple:
This thread is not for babies
okay?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 14, 2014
Pls and pls can we just go our separate ways?

We are tired of the north and their slaves from the south-west.

We the Niger-deltans are not slaves and not cowards either.

Thank God for Jonathan, he's doing a balancing job for us. For the first time in many years, the northerners are scared and jittery. cheesy

GEJ till 2019---- till the anomalies in the constitution is revisited or we separate.

Bloody parasites from the north and some slaves collaborators.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by cocoduck: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2014
mistabiola:

Your opinion is very irrelevant cheesy grin
Tell me then whose opinion is relevant, apc mouse.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by mistabiola: 10:28am On Dec 14, 2014
cocoduck:

Tell me then whose opinion is relevant, apc mouse.

Are you referring to mouse of a computer system #AutomaticProgramController cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Horlawoomey(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2014
We will keep educating ignorant TANdroids, please leave your villages to have a wider view of Nigeria. Stand for change, we can't continue like this.

WHO IS THIS BUHARI?

1. Buhari was governor of Borno state under Obasanjo regime and later minister of petroleum.

2. Buhari birthed and supervised the establishment of the existing refineries in NIGERIA.

3. He was head of state between 1983-1985 (a period of 20 months).
 There was no religious crisis while he was head of state.

4. He reduced inflation from 23% to 4% by fiscal discipline and home grown economic team (not achieved under any other era).

5. J.J. Rawlings of Ghana took over 2 years before him and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders in Nigeria to prison.

6. Under his watch as PTF chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn’t been matched by 12 years of the PDP. Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

7. He refused to collect allowance while serving as chairman of the PTF because he said he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of same government.

8. He returned excess money spent to purse of government on his return from oversea training as a military officer

9. He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja.

10. Buhari personally recommended late Dora Akunyili to OBJ because of her diligence during PTF interaction.
 Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past ended up vindicating him! The man who was asked by OBJ to take over PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of indicting Buhari ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100 million of PTF funds!

11. His personal driver and cook of many years are christians
 He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today taken up the challenge.

12. He is the ONLY politician in northern Nigeria today who fills rallies without renting a crowd!
 People who know him (including pastor Bakare) have said of him……” All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank”.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.
 ”Conscience is an opened wound, only truth can heal it”
 Spread the message to the uninformed, misinformed and all Nigerians home and abroad. Carry Go Buhari ( the people's General)
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by cocoduck: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2014
mistabiola:

Are you referring to mouse of a computer system #AutomaticProgramController cheesy cheesy
House mouse that dances in the absence of a cat.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by mistabiola: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2014
cocoduck:

House mouse that dances in the absence of a cat.

Chaii !!!!! Na human being you dey call mouse all because of GEJ wey no sabi or care about you..... You don 4get when una dey protest ontop subsidy matter wey hin con use soldier drive una comot for lag bah!!!! Pasan iya yin chi wah lori Ajah:::::::::: vote wisely, I love you cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2014
ilugunboy:

What has APC use as campaign tool
Name calling and propaganda
No manifesto
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by cocoduck: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2014
at Horlawoomey
Story for the dogs Buhari is a corrupt as hell. So stop peddling baseless fictional information.
those are figments of your imagination
BTW you are not more Nigerian than I am, I am not a member of TAN
Horlawoomey You are doing all these for stipends you received from Buhari and apc as for me I want neither rice, beans, yams nor cocoyam from GEJ because I am a hard working guy, and I make my money through the shedding of my sweat, blood( work related injuries), and tears(frustration). I am not a lazy man like you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2014
Maple:

eh yahh....e dey pain u? Well, you can call me whatever u like, Mr clueless is not getting my vote and those of many others who would no longer fall for the Op's desperate campaigns of calumny, sectarianism, tribalism, and regionalism against GMB, all in a bid to sell xpired product (GEJ) which is no longer marketable. This is not 2011, Many Nigerians are wiser now.
U mean GMB hasn't expired
Laughing at ur mediocrity
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by brownlord2: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2014
Horlawoomey:
We will keep educating ignorant TANdroids, please leave your villages to have a wider view of Nigeria. Stand for change, we can't continue like this.

WHO IS THIS BUHARI?

1. Buhari was governor of Borno state under Obasanjo regime and later minister of petroleum.

2. Buhari birthed and supervised the establishment of the existing refineries in NIGERIA.

4. He reduced inflation from 23% to 4% by fiscal discipline and home grown economic team (not achieved under any other era).

5. J.J. Rawlings of Ghana took over 2 years before him and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders in Nigeria to prison.

6. Under his watch as PTF chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn’t been matched by 12 years of the PDP. Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

7. He refused to collect allowance while serving as chairman of the PTF because he said he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of same government.

8. He returned excess money spent to purse of government on his return from oversea training as a military officer

9. He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja.

10. Buhari personally recommended late Dora Akunyili to OBJ because of her diligence during PTF interaction.
 Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past ended up vindicating him! The man who was asked by OBJ to take over PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of indicting Buhari ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100 million of PTF funds!

He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today taken up the challenge.

12. He is the ONLY politician in northern Nigeria today who fills rallies without renting a crowd!
 People who know him (including pastor Bakare) have said of him……” All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank”.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.
 Spread the message to the uninformed, misinformed and all Nigerians home and abroad. Carry Go Buhari ( the people's General)

Apc I d I o t machine. We don't need any old general with analog brain in this era.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2014
Horlawoomey:

WHO IS THIS BUHARI?

U are a learner ooo
Better go look for another lies
This one don fail una.. The thing no work again. Ooo https://www.nairaland.com/1950074/notice-buhari-never-built-single
Certified learner
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2014
Why do this Hausas think they are sole Ownership of Nigeria
Are they crazy.. Do they think other tribes are fools
Maybe they think there love for violence is a tool I swear them be learner
If the outcome of the confab didn't benefit them which in reality is win win situation let them bear it
Other tribes have witness such
Do they think other tribe silence when they are benefitting from buahri gov is because of fear of war
Itz high time this animal-like tribe get placed in their rightful place
With this counter claim from this animals itz sure buahri won't even made mention of the confab outcome
Someone that can even condemn the killings carried out by his fellow animals
Re: Buhari Should Take A STAND On CONFAB Report... OR by Horlawoomey(m): 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
cocoduck:
at Horlawoomey
Story for the dogs Buhari is a corrupt as hell. So stop peddling baseless fictional information.
those are figments of your imagination
BTW you are not more Nigerian than I am, I am not a member of TAN
Horlawoomey You are doing all these for stipends you received from Buhari and apc as for me I want neither rice, beans, yams nor cocoyam from GEJ because I am a hard working guy, and I make my money through the shedding of my sweat, blood( work related injuries), and tears(frustration). I am not a lazy man like you.

Stipend ? I laugh at your ignorance, I received nothing and will keep doing this till the change we clamour for is ours.
If you eat out of this corruption, it will soon choke you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

..... / Nobody Should Blame APC When you realise this / Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.