Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,186 members, 7,880,698 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:08 AM

Miracles As Of Old? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles As Of Old? (498 Views)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) Is 25! / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Miracles As Of Old? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
Acts 19:12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
The Bible verse above showed among others various miraculous exploits of the apostles of old. Hebrews 13:8 says Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. I
Also learnt that His power is more available even now than before. Please people, i want to ask this disturbing question, which i have not got a satisfying about even among fellowship members. WHY ARE MIRACLES ,SIGNS AND WONDERS NOT HAPPENING AS IT WAS IN THE OLDEN DAYS?
HAS THE POWER AS DISPLAYED THOSE DAYS REDUCED(God forbid!)
Most our churches nowadays are devoid of the moves of the Holy Spirit which brings about difference in any gathering, the absence has over time makes Christian gathering uninspiring and boredom has set in, nothing awesome is happening. This has made the world crept into the churches in the name of increasing membership through varieties-filled programmes ,you now see worldly dances, corrupted special numbers etc
I personally do not want to believe that worldwide there's no one being used mightily to reenact the a higher version of the exploits of the early days apostles. This is one of the strong reasons i have never or will ever criticize the the man like TB Joshua or any pastor/prophet with miracle claims.
It's true that Jesus said false prophets shall arise in the last day to deceive many, the same Jesus also said whoever believes in Him shall do what He did and greater works shall he do.
Could it be that our lack of faith and humans' inclination to evil works that have made people to quote the "false prophet" verse than the "greater works" verse?
I believe that in the world presently, there are people who are being used mightily by God to deliver, set free and perform unfathomable miracles, signs and wonders.
My question still is that despite multitude of churches worldwide, why are there no miracles as of old??

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Interview With Prophet T.b. Joshua: / The New Generation Catholic(my Opinion). / Part 1 Of 2014 Prophecies That Didn't Come To Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.