Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? (9049 Views)

Poll: Banning female corpers from working in bank

I support it: 26% (15 votes)
I don't support it.: 73% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Two Female Corpers Set Ablaze In Rivers State / JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by ayobase(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2008
then one must wonder where
we are going to in Naija.

Discrimination?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Ezeamama(m): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2008
It really is a shame for some people not to see what is going on here, i don't really blame whom ever is advocating the ban of female corp members working in our financial institutions or people against it but the truth is that the situation is very serious and most females out there can't help it,weather we admit it or not there is an element of gender discrimination in our labor market, let me throw this question to male folks out there, have you ever witness the reaction men in the financial institutions who are in the position to give jobs to our females when a good looking young lady walks into our banks for employment,i leave the answer to you, and i will continue this post after i've read some replies which i have no doubt ought to be interesting
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by chyk91(m): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2008
no they should not
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by senelohor: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2008
that is not the way out!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by mamus1: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
Female corps should be banned from working in the bank because they are weak vessel
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by BlackMamba(m): 3:29am On Dec 24, 2008
If I haven't met some highly placed Nigerians in power, I will be amazed by such display of ignorance. But it is what it is. The Naija way.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by aristocrat(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
very funny topic. i think nigeria is d main cause of dis problem. had it being there is employment oppourtunities in nigeria, people wount b frustrated to d extent of sleeping arround just to make ends meet. lets b realistic lets find a lasting solution 2 nigeria problem before we can debate on dis kind of topic. WHAT CAN WE DO TO DECREASE UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA.SOMEONE PLS HELP ME OUT.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by mikelina: 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2008
There is no doubt that corruption has permeated every sector of our national life. it didnt come as a surprise that some ladies (youth corpers) have to turn themselves to sex machines for ordinary fleshly and senssual gratification. However, this is not enough for the local Government chairman to call for a ban on the posting of female youth corp members to banks. He is a politician and politicians are the arrowhead of corruption in this company. If he is not corrupt, let him be the first to cast a sstone. this is hypocrisy. thanks
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by chezee: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2008
To u Lawyer,
It has all been ladies ladies ladies ladies. What about those men that go about the chasing. Fine, ladies should respect themselves. What about the men? Isnt it high time they respected themselves too. What do u expect of a lady who has tried several places for a job and keeps getting d condition of getting down to bed or loose the job opportunity. You dont know the financial trauma such ladies are facing back home to either take care of their siblings or parents. Tell ur men who are up there to give qualified ladies jobs without asking them to bed else their daughters will be treated same way. Remember, what goes around comes around.

And for the ladies, learn to spit on their faces and work away with your head up high when they make such advances.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by tainot2002(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2008
To me female corpers shouldn'u be totally banned if they can maintain their decency.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by bodieb2005(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2009
BAN, BAN, BAN thats the only solution we can think of, for everything in Nigeria,its backwardness,its terrible ,its totalitarian ,why not look for a way to go after the culprits instead of the usual BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by martinosi: 8:23am On Sep 22, 2009
female corpers should not be banned!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by enny5: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Kweenisha: LG Boss Wants Female Corpers Banned From Serving In Banks

Written by Tony Edike
Friday, December 5, 2008

ENUGU—CHAIRMAN of Awgu Local Government area of Enugu State, Chief Uche Anioke has advocated the ban of female participants in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme from carrying out their primary assignments in banks.

He said that some financial institutions in the country have turned such ladies into “banking prostitutes and cheap labour” even as they are given unrealistic targets that expose them to danger.

Anioke, a former commissioner for youth and sports in the state and NYSC member during the 1984/85 session in Oyo State, regretted that the nation’s commercial banks, especially the new generation ones among them now turns female youth corps members posted to them into “banking prostitutes” saying the ugly development has defeated the objective for which the scheme was established.

He recalled that the NYSC scheme was established by decree No 24 of 22nd May, 1973 by the then General Yakubu Gowon Regime with the objective of inculcating discipline in Nigerian youths by instilling in them a traditional industry at work and of patriotic and loyal service to Nigeria in any situation they may find themselves.

The council boss who spoke with reporters during a welcome party organized by the Local Government for the batch C 2008 corps members posted to the state, frowned at a situation where some banks would pick a female corps member and sent her out for marketing after setting a target of over N20milion for her.

Such actions of the nation’s financial institutions, he noted, has negated the objective of the NYSC, adding that “I don’t think the scheme was set up to serve private organizations, it was established to serve the Nigerian public.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/5/312.html

Why are they speaking for the female bankers? Where is the proof that any1 has complained? It's a tough world. Yes somethings might be wrong, But sacrifice, compromise, communication, creativity & innovation is the key to success in life. They just only have decide what they want in life! That all. Men need to remove that notion that female bankers are prostitutes. Most bankers are overworked & underpaid, not just in Nigeria but in other prominent places in the world. It is an economic recession. A global economic meltdown. The few jobs that are left are reserved for those 'who know pple' n are willing, committed & determined. If you are sitting & waiting for a job that is going to give you the best working conditions or everytin on a gold plate, you are living with the 'obloguses' on planet pluto. Get Real!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by raphaeladeyele: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2018
OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / Medical Corper Kidnapped In Ebonyi Is Rescued / The Minimum Wage Of N17, 000 Is Nonsense

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.