Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,173 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition (797 Views)

Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly / Tompolo Denies Buying Warships, Alleges Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by ITbomb(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2014
“The truth is that these boats in question have been in the care of NIMASA for about two years now. For the avoidance of doubts, the boats are not warships or gunboats as being erroneously spread by mischief makers.

“The boats as acquired are neither equipped with war arsenals nor are they ammunition carriers. They are simply boats equipped with modern surveillance devices to track oil thieves and in the process, increase the nation’s revenue base through NIMASA.

“Similarly, Tompolo is not in charge of the said boats as upon acquisition, the boats were handed over to NIMASA which in turn involved the Nigerian Navy in their usage and operations.

“Perhaps, it is apt to say that this latest blackmail could not have come from any quarter other than some Niger Delta politicians whose desire to enslave others has not only failed but backfired. The masterminds of this cannot cow me to withdraw my support for President Goodluck Jonathan.

“For the avoidance of doubt, Nigerians and indeed the Nigerian media can do the nation a big favour by contacting the Norwegian Embassy for more details on the boats in question”, Bebenimibo concluded.

http://leadership.ng/news/395168/alleged-purchase-war-boats-im-blackmailed-tompolo

The alleged boats

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1940135_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

What an actual gunboat looks like

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1940193_fnstornio_jpegb2c8b1ff5e828d82acd306641c09e6ef

Why are Nigerians so easily swayed by the media?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by Wendyslim(f): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2014
Na dem sabi. Just passing will check later
Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by IKJ66(m): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2014
Is high time I start planning to go to france before this election !!!!!
Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by ITbomb(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2014
In my opinion, the oil theft cabal felt threatened and launch out an all out media war

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by Blakjewelry(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2014
I Google the said ship and found out its just a support ship, Nigerians can't even try to find out things for them selves
Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by Blakjewelry(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2014
I Google the said ship and found out its just a support ship, Nigerians can't even try to find out things for themselves
Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by mikolo80: 10:07am On Dec 15, 2014
why its c
Blakjewelry:
I Google the said ship and found out its just a support ship, Nigerians can't even try to find out things for themselves
why its called propagaanda
Re: Tompolo Denies Warships Acquisition by SeverusSnape(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2014
Those were not war ships, just patrol boats

(1) (Reply)

2015: President Jonathan Relocates His Family To United Kingdom Ahead Of 2015 / Presidential Contest A Do-or-die Affair - Ayo Fayose / Buhari: Jonathan Must Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.