Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. (1058 Views)

Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka / Genuine Reasons We Don't Need Buhari / Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by Nonybb: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
THE NIGERIAN LEADERS AND WHY WE DONT NEED BUHARI NOW AND MAYBE LATER.

(I am presenting my case, present yours)

It may be shocking to you that I do not like President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. On the other hand, I vehemently detest Buhari to the core. Infact I hate both candidates. But a person of Buhari is not what I can vouch for. He is irredeemably and religiously divisive. He is one individual that havent waken up to current realities, and I am afraid to say that his recent political prominence is an architect of yoruba tolerence. I dont think Dr Awolowo can win CPC ticket in Kano State.

If the worst system of democracy is better than the best military government, why did Buhari truncated a democratically elected government of Shehu Shagari and put us to one step backward? No one has answered that question to me. I want to get an answered from the man that is supposedly going to come to our rescue in the same democratic era he abolished.

On the issues of trends Nigeria is having, we certainly do not need Buhari now, maybe later.

Let me quickly remain us about the unqiueness that endeared me to our former leaders, and why Buhari do not follow in that order.

(1)The former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has two attributes I love so much. It is absolutism and despotism. And with that attributes, he was able to nurture and groom Nigeria to challenges of democratic dispensation, knowing fully well that Nigeria is such a stubborn country full of rascals.

(2)After the time of Obasanjo, it was Shehu Musa Yardua. He was a detribalized gentleman full of good will to the nation. Infact, if not for the influence that might derail his ambition, assuming he lived much later, he could have emerged as one of our best president. And so his attributes became that of a man with goodwill and good agendums.

(3)When he died, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan took over, and in him, we saw a man of good heart, democrat, peaceable politician, meek, tolerant, unique and unautocratic. He established Nigerian democracy. Adversaries were having a field day criticizing and sabotaging his effort. He had neither fought back nor attacked with government machineries. Some of you mistaken his meekness to weakness while being oblivious that some machiavellian approaches are at his disposals and yet was overlooked, but rather chosen to follow the part of democratic process. He has been written upon in dailies on most staggering vilification devoid of apt democratic precinct. Some of those scathing remarks were shamefully unconstructive and spurious, yet he maintained his peace, coupled with utterence of his opponents which were equally risible and unfounded. If not for Boko Haram and the work of moles and saboteurs, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is unmatched and unquantified with any leader in the history of Nigeria.

(4)About Buhari? He is an individual full of one idea and approach; to fight corruption and imprison offenders. Let me remain my readers that Nigeria do not need a fight to corruption now. Because such undivided parochial approbate to fighting corruption, if it were to start, Tinubu the kingmaker of Buhari would be the one to go down first assuming a genuine effort are put in place without a compromise.

The leader that Nigerians need at this moment is a leader that would bring unity. Like I said earlier, Buhari is bringing a sword not unity. Sword that would divide us further. He is coming to make an enemy and establish war. Nigeria is submerged in peccadilloes of corruption which Buhari himself have underestimated. It will start in APC and it will start in PDP which, he, cannot finish even in four years. The only problem with politicians are that they're used to telling lies to sell themselves to the electorates.

We need a refined leader with devotion to Nigeria's unity and ethnic diversity. We cant keep deceiving ourselves for too long thinking that anti graft bravely is the ingredient we need in a leader. Anti corruption war had always been a story since 1960's and now it's turning to the story for the gods.

There are demons in Buhari and it will show if and when powers are given to him. And those demons are autocratism, nepotism, religionism, sectionalism and absolutism. This is my case against Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
well spoken broda God will bless you for this lets keep enlightening the mass
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
So many NL threads on Buhari..
what did this man do sef.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by not4sure(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
OP you are just clouded with sentiment. Please remember that sen David mark during IBB tenure did not want democracy. Now David Mark is enjoying democracy. So let Buhari enjoy his too , you know they said what is good for the good is good for .....

1 Like

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by kestolove95(m): 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
anytym I read false allegation abt dix buhari..it makes mi like him d moore...pls kip d gudwrk,kip writtn false stories.

1 Like

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by chamboy(m): 8:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
I love u Sir
Gmb2015

1 Like

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by temitemi1(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Buhari if u are not tire of running Nigeria is tired of u. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by Imoy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
Karma is a biatch.

He truncated a democratically elected president and now striving to be elected as a president. U jst can't dodge it, u must surely be served in the same cup.

Meanwhile Gejtill2019
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by oziegbe2015: 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Osinbajo just ends up beign the ultimate joker card that nails the 2015 election to the apc. He is a professor whose qualification and intellect exceeds that of gej and sambo together. He would complement gmb in vibracy and articulation. He is from the west, knowing politics is a game of numbers you have to seal your block to the best of your advantage, now that we know the stand of the north to gmb, it became imperative that the v.P be from west as the zone enjoys apc support but to further see their advantage even to ondo, ekiti, a westerner is best now the west knows where it stands. Giving the vp to rochas wouldn't have made the west sealed, with the igbos and their hatred for gmb it would have been a diaster to try and please them while they would still go with gej, that would have left the west hanging in balance. Osinbajo is a christian, and for the first time in history a pastor as v.P, this has killed the rumor of an islamic idea pdp strongest point over gmb, osibanjo is not just a pastor but a pastor in one of the biggest christian body. Now he holds a greater advantage naturally even to gej that is a church attendant, osibanjo preaches the gospel itself and lives for it. This would pull back the sympatheizers of jonathan only because he is christian. Osibanjo has associate relationship with adeboye, infact he is a leading piooner of the church we know adeboye influence on the christian comminity. Osibanjo is a fresher who has had good strides in the lagos led fashola govtment. His achievements speaks for a man many undecided votes have asked for fresh change of old politicians, these undecided can see osibanjo for his attributes. Osibanjo can pull the christian community across the east and south that are only supporting gej becos of religion and not performance. Osibanjo is an astute lawyer at his peak and exudes the motto of CHANGE which apc preaches. Osibanjo is coming from the university setting which many youths can associate with becos of lecturers student relationship. Osibanjo does not have the dirty past that any one can use against him. While amaechi and oshomhole would have failed to even secure a typical akwa ibom, calabar, delta, bayelsa that is gej stronghold. Any as v.P would not have been capable to fully convice the east and would have also given loop holes to the west under its control. Their would have been series of cases that would be dug up to rubbish amaechi and oshomole that would utimately make mokery of gmb corruption stand. The game of politics is sealing control of your block first. Osibanjo is the best to seal the west, reach undecided voters, and christians who predominatly occupy the east and south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
not4sure:
OP you are just clouded with sentiment. Please remember that sen David mark during IBB tenure did not want democracy. Now David Mark is enjoying democracy. So let Buhari enjoy his too , you know they said what is good for the good is good for .....
so what are you trying to say? You're making it clear that the "alligations" against him are all true.
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by not4sure(m): 6:01am On Dec 16, 2014
missberrypop5:
so what are you trying to say? You're making it clear that the "alligations" against him are all true.
allegation? No dear politics is dirty game so when your opponent discover that you are becoming popular they start digging dirty thing to spoil ur name
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by bayulll01(m): 6:14am On Dec 16, 2014
@op u are a pathetic looser and a clown,u guys keep given excuses for failure,they are sabotaging his government how pathetic for a man that is so cluelessss and corrupt to say that,in as much I believe buhari is old school,he will perform far better than a man ruled by woman
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by mazzi: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2014
not4sure:
but david mark never ploted and executed a coup like buhari

1 Like

Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by mazzi: 6:59am On Dec 16, 2014
not4sure:
allegation? No dear politics is dirty game so when your opponent discover that you are becoming popular they start digging dirty thing to spoil ur name
you mean digging dirty things that are true and factual?
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by not4sure(m): 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
mazzi:
but david mark never ploted and executed a coup like buhari
really ? Smh
Re: Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. by Nonybb: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
An unexamined life is not worth living. I have examined my life and found out that Buhari can never rule me or I seize to exist. Not under my watch would he rule me

(1) (Reply)

school: Tinubuwal Is Trying To Use Osibanjo To Steal Lagos Money-NCP party / Buhari`s Heart Touching Speech.. / Fayose Will Not Like This! See The Crowd That Came Out In Ekiti For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.