Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? (1376 Views)

Dakuku Peterside To Be Prosecuted For Murder / $2.1bn Arms: Festus Keyamo Explains Why Jonathan Might Not Be Prosecuted / El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
When is this man that uses his smile and innocent face to loot the treasury going to be prosecuted for the brazen contract scam to embezzle money through the provision of phone to rural farmers. A N60 BILLION contract was awarded by this smiling bandit to import 10 million phones for rural farmers. Where are the 10 million beneficiaries of this scheme?I don't know any farmer that has received any phone.

This is part of the impunity Goodluck Jonathan allows,he gives his Ministers free rein to loot shamelessy. Just like the recent N9.2 billion to provide 750,000 free stoves to Rural women. Everyday this people get up and look for ways to loot instead of thinking how to improve the country.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-20947686
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-20947686

Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by holatin(m): 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
he will Account for his action when Buhari a zero tolerance to corruption becomes president
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by andyanders: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
You know what PDP stood for........................... Corruption.A leaders who chose to loot without looking back.
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
andyanders:
You know what PDP stood for........................... Corruption.A leaders who chose to loot without looking back.
Leaders everyday in other countries wake up, looking for aways to make their country better for their children and their fellow citizens. PDP leaders wake up looking for ways to loot and secure their generation for the next 1000 years. What they don't realise is we will all benefit and their children and lineage if they choose to do the right thing and execute these contracts. America and UK did'nt get the way they are by magicians,but leaders that worked to make their countries better for their children.

1 Like

Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by andyanders: 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
seges:

Leaders everyday in other countries wake up, looking for aways to make their country better for their children and their fellow citizens. PDP leaders wake up looking for ways to loot and secure their generation for the next 1000 years. What they don't realise is we will all benefit and their children and lineage if they choose to do the right thing and execute these contracts. America and UK did'nt get the way they are by magicians,but leaders that worked to make their countries better for their children.

Our leaders both present and past has failed us and mortgaged this country to debt. Leaders who take pleasure in corruption. Leaders who recognize pen robbers and honour them. Leaders who support evil. America and the other developed countries of the world, sacrificed for their country hence they are where they are today. Our leaders only want to get to the corridors of power in other to get an Oil Block just for their immediate families and their mistresses. God is watching us.
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by gratiaeo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
Very serious case.
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Boss13: 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
This minister woke up rather than thinking how rural farmers can assess cheap loans to finance their production. He said distribution of phones will improve agricultural products. Does he want to be sending SMS to farmers?
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Boss13:
This minister woke up rather than thinking how rural farmers can assess cheap loans to finance their production. He said distribution of phones will improve agricultural products. Does he want to be sending SMS to farmers?

Out of the 10 million farmers that are meant to be beneficiaries only like 10000-100,000 will benefit and they will share the remaining. There is never any follow up on the implementation. Every year they award contracts with 10-20% execution while they share the rest of the remaining amount.
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by mekaboy(m): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
op r u a farmer? how will u know if any farmer recieved the phone or not?
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
mekaboy:
op r u a farmer? how will u know if any farmer recieved the phone or not?
They have no accurate data on the number of farmers first of all. I know for sure no one in my village in Osun has received or benefitted from it.
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Boss13: 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
seges:

Out of the 10 million farmers that are meant to be beneficiaries only like 10000-100,000 will benefit and they will share the remaining. There is never any follow up on the implementation. Every year they award contracts with 10-20% execution while they share the rest of the remaining amount.

Tradegy
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Kenai: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please, OP, what I know about is an e-wallet scheme for farmers where they'd access their accounts and perform transactions via their mobile phones.
I don't know anything about this story you're telling us here. Perhaps you misundertood, but what I just stated above is what I've been seeing in various newspaper publications.
Not once did I read about them promising mobile phones undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by adconline(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kenai:
Please, OP, what I know about is an e-wallet scheme for farmers where they'd access their accounts and perform transactions via their mobile phones.
I don't know anything about this story you're telling us here. Perhaps you misundertood, but what I just stated above is what I've been seeing in various newspaper publications.
Then you must have been reading a lot about wizkid and Mercy Johnson's stories to have missed this news!! A simple google search would have put your doubt to rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Ideyontop: 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
Op do you want fire to catch ur mouth? This outstanding minister is who you want to drag in the mud?

Ungrateful Nigerian you are!
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 16, 2014
Kenai:
http://www.punchng.com/editorial/adesinas-phones-for-rural-farmers/
Here's the link. I did'nt make up this story up the Permanent Secretary Ibukun Odusote of the Ministry of Agriculture who's supervisor is Adewumi Adesina verified this. The E-Wallet is an after thought after the Media,Opposition parties blasted the plan,I don't take their word for it. Let them show us the 5-10 million beneficiaries that received the free phones and get the regular SMS as stated when he put up his defence. The E-Wallet scheme still involved distribution of phones to 10 million farmers.We have to hold them accountable,they can't use press releases without any evidence or pictures to defend this massive graft. Just like the contract for the N9.2 billion stoves,you will see how many will benefit out of the supposed 750,000.

For 16 years the PDP has been awarding contracts,if those contracts were implemented Nigeria will look like Malaysia,South Africa or Dubai. This leaders are heartless crooks,who are only there the loot as much as they can for their lineage while there there.
Re: When Is Agriculture Minister Akin Adesina Going To Be Prosecuted For Corruption? by MCMLXXVI(m): 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Many of these APC supporters are just terrible worthless DEVILS!
See the way they were DEMONIZING all of GEJ's appointees who were technocrats and are far more advanced than the SHHIT we have to put up with today!

Now, we have an illiterate in power who proceeded to erode every shred of technocracy in our institutions by appointing nothing but POLITICAL JOBBERS and numbskulls.

Recession, food scarcity, unemployment, inflation and nepotism have now taken over Nigeria.
We replaced Dr. Okonjo-Iweala (Ph.D in Economics) with that glorified desk clerk Mrs. Kemi Adeosun (mid-level accountant); we replaced Dr. Akin Adesina (a certified Agricultural Economist) with a CLUELESS, EXPIRED Audu Ogbeh (a farm owner!!!) who now want to IMPORT GRASS!

It shall never be well with these ZOMBIES!

(1) (Reply)

Is President Jonathan Late In Going To Borno? / Yoruba TV/Movie Super Villain 'Fadeyi Oloro' Campaigns For APC / OSINBAJO: Jonathan Is Islamising Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.