Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,185 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:12 PM

Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different (1485 Views)

Jonathan Is A Disappointment – Ex-militant Leader, Boyloaf / Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? / GEJ Administration Is A Disappointment - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 3:45am On Dec 16, 2014
For as long as I've known I've always hated politics and everything that it stands for in Nigeria. We have watched with open mouths how these politicians have made campaign promises before every election, shared cash and food items for those too hungry to care about the source, bought votes and rigged elections just to get or remain elected.

Jonathan told us he was a breath of fresh air, but the foul smell of death may be his most notable legacy as far as Nigerians are concerned. He told us he had no shoes growing up, we saw someone who at least understood the plight of a large number of Nigerians..what a load of crap. Maybe it's all been tactics by the opposing party or maybe it's not, maybe it's just a religious war or maybe it's not, maybe he has no control over BH or maybe he does. But who would believe a lying, BSing, looting, blood sucking administration who paid US troops to take a summer holiday in Naija and still could not solve this problem? Who would believe the words of these 'lying sumbitches'?

Now GMB has come with his own sweet tales of an empty bank account and all that comes with it. How do we know he will not use this opportunity to fill up that bank account? Why should we give this aged man with all of his dictatorial acts during the military era an opportunity? What is to say that GMB is not a religious fanatic like some of his statements have suggested? A leopard does not change it's spots

To cut the long story short, we have seen Jonathan in power and the guy no try, but we have also seen Buhari in power and he definitely does not have a glowing record. If we put aside all of this political propaganda, I wouldn't even choose either of these men, but let us not jump from the frying pan into fire.

All them loyalists, fans, promoters...You can insult me all you want, but when you lie in bed at night you have to tell yourself the truth

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by jking001(m): 3:52am On Dec 16, 2014
Silly nigerians when the Buhari enters they would start to ask for Jonathan, it's all a game plan Jonathan has been setup by the cabals that he refused to persecute, Gid gave him the opportunity and he misused it, Buhari is also a setup in the making and can't do any better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by realfacts: 3:56am On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:
For as long as I've known I've always hated politics and everything that it stands for in Nigeria. We have watched with open mouths how these politicians have made campaign promises before every election, shared cash and food items for those too hungry to care about the source, bought votes and rigged elections just to get or remain elected.
Jonathan told us he was a breath of fresh air, but the foul smell of death may be his most notable legacy as far as Nigerians are concerned. He told us he had no shoes growing up, we saw someone who at least understood the plight of a large number of Nigerians..what a load of crap. Maybe it's all been tactics by the opposing party or maybe it's not, maybe it's just a religious war or maybe it's not, maybe he has no control over BH or maybe he does. But who would believe a lying, BSing, looting, blood sucking administration who paid US troops to take a summer holiday in Naija and still could not solve this problem? Who would believe the words of these 'lying sumbitches'?
Now GMB has come with his own sweet tales of an empty bank account and all that comes with it. How do we know he will not use this opportunity to fill up that bank account? Why should we give this aged man with all of his dictatorial acts during the military era an opportunity? What is to say that GMB is not a religious fanatic like some of his statements have suggested? A leopard does not change it's spots
To cut the long story short, we have seen Jonathan in power and the guy no try, but we have also seen Buhari in power and he definitely does not have a glowing record. If we put aside all of this political propaganda, I wouldn't even choose either of these men, but let us not jump from the frying pan into fire.
All them loyalists, fans, promoters...You can insult me all you want, but when you lie in bed at night you have to tell yourself the truth
tell nigerians oooooooo buhari should never be allowed to rule nigeria
jking001:
Silly nigerians when the Buhari enters they would start to ask for Jonathan, it's all a game plan Jonathan has been setup by the cabals that he refused to persecute, Gid gave him the opportunity and he misused it, Buhari is also a setup in the making and can't do any better.
tell nigerians oooooooo buhari should never be allowed to rule nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by WebSubsidy(m): 3:59am On Dec 16, 2014
egift:
Below are very concrete facts, even if you do not support Buhari, you will still accept they are true:

- Buhari will not repeat the anti-masses, failed and insufficient policies of President Jonathan.
- Buhari's administration will not continue the inaction of President Jonathan irrespective of where or what the problem is.

- The Corruption, embezzlement and stealing presided over by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan will not be allowed to continue under Buhari.
- Crime against Nigeria and her citizens by politicians and their agents will be brought to Justice.

- Government Agencies will be strengthened to perform and will be headed by competent Nigerians.
- The Cabals that have influenced and frustrated Jonathan will not have such influence over Buhari.

- A new APC led Federal Government will work harder for the interest of Nigerians to distinguish themselves from the PDP.
- Anyone that tells you that APC and PDP are the same and will produce the same result is lying to your face.

Every true Nigerian should vote APC and send PDP back to the Drawing Board. It shall be well with Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/2044665/2015-why-should-vote-buhari

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by chemali: 4:08am On Dec 16, 2014
So you would prefer the status quo than have hope? The man Jonathan is incapable of feeling your pains. It's a waste of time to think things will be better with him there for the next four years. With high oil prices, we plunged further into debt (forget the low debt to GDP ratio, an excuse for more debt with nothing to show). How do we expect him to manage a period of low oil prices? The armed forces is not motivated. Things are generally hard. I find it difficult to understand how this man has any supporter remaining.
Would you want the progressive backwardness of the past 16 years to continue or a chance at a fresh start? Do you want to wake up for the next four years to the voice of one of your rapist as lord over you or you want to live with the joy that there's consequences for being molested which your rapist faced?
The status quo is not an alternative. It's time we tell politicians than if they don't deliver we will get them out. Vote wisely.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 4:15am On Dec 16, 2014
WebSubsidy:

https://www.nairaland.com/2044665/2015-why-should-vote-buhari

Until these things actually happen they are nothing but empty promises.
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by chemali: 4:18am On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:

Until these things actually happen they are nothing but empty promises.
How will they happen if he's not given a chance rather all sorts of lies are being propagated to tarnish his name?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 4:20am On Dec 16, 2014
chemali:
So you would prefer the status quo than have hope? The man Jonathan is incapable of feeling your pains. It's a waste of time to think things will be better with him there for the next four years. With high oil prices, we plunged further into debt (forget the low debt to GDP ratio, an excuse for more debt with nothing to show). How do we expect him to manage a period of low oil prices? The armed forces is not motivated. Things are generally hard. I find it difficult to understand how this man has any supporter remaining.
Would you want the progressive backwardness of the past 16 years to continue or a chance at a fresh start? Do you want to wake up for the next four years to the voice of one of your rapist as lord over you or you want to live with the joy that there's consequences for being molested which your rapist faced?
The status quo is not an alternative. It's time we tell politicians than if they don't deliver we will get them out. Vote wisely.

I never said anything about status quo, I totally agree with your last statement. Maybe I should have gone all out and said put all them evil niccurs in a room and waste them? All I've said is we shouldn't swallow every crap we hear during campaigns, I'm sure you saw I also bashed Jonathan
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 4:25am On Dec 16, 2014
chemali:

How will they happen if he's not given a chance rather all sorts of lies are being propagated to tarnish his name?

That is what everything is, propaganda. Including the so called promises, because that is all it takes that one chance. Isn't it what we gave to Jonathan? Where has it landed us?

I'm not campaigning for either of them, I just want to know why I should believe one is better than the other..
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by chemali: 4:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:

That is what everything is, propaganda. Including the so called promises, because that is all it takes that one chance. Isn't it what we gave to Jonathan? Where has it landed us?

I'm not campaigning for either of them, I just want to know why I should believe one is better than the other..

Yes, we gave Jonathan an opportunity when it was evident he had not history of delivering. He has failed, what do you think we should do? Refuse to vote at all? You have two choices, Buhari and Jonathan. You cannot sit on the fence. You have to choose. What will it be? As for me, PDP has had it for 16 years and all I can see is progressive mismanagement. It's time for change.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 4:44am On Dec 16, 2014
chemali:

Yes, we gave Jonathan an opportunity when it was evident he had not history of delivering. He has failed, what do you think we should do? Refuse to vote at all? You have two choices, Buhari and Jonathan. You cannot sit on the fence. You have to choose. What will it be? As for me, PDP has had it for 16 years and all I can see is progressive mismanagement. It's time for change.

Overchange sef if possible, but what kind of change are we going for? Will APC do any better if their sole aim is just to relieve PDP of power?
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by chemali: 4:57am On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:

Overchange sef if possible, but what kind of change are we going for? Will APC do any better if their sole aim is just to relieve PDP of power?

Their stated aim has never been to relieve PDP of power. I'm convinced APC will do better than PDP even if it doesn't entirely meet our expectations. At least 70% of APC elected state governors have outperformed the ex PDP candidates they defeated as well as their peers in government. PDP has been entrenched in the centre for 16 years. They've become what some Christians will call a strongman. Just stating their policies is not enough to get PDP out of the centre. PDP is known not to respect gentlemen. If APC is focused on relieving PDP of power it's because of the circumstances. However, this does not take away from them their record in governance. They may not be the perfect change - we will never get that but they are a change worth going for.

"Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by golor(m): 4:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Let give buhari a try,if he doesn't keep to his promises,we kick him out after his first 4 years. D honest truth is dat Jonathan doesn't need our vote neither does he hv anything to offer....im from delta,i shld b supporting Jonathan bt truth is dat d man has nothin to offer......though buhari doesn't look lyk a saint but who knows if God has touch him?a chance for buhari will b more beta than remaining in d hand of an incompetent jona...tap like if u agree wit me.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 5:15am On Dec 16, 2014
chemali:

Their stated aim has never been to relieve PDP of power. I'm convinced APC will do better than PDP even if it doesn't entirely meet our expectations. At least 70% of APC elected state governors have outperformed the ex PDP candidates they defeated as well as their peers in government. PDP has been entrenched in the centre for 16 years. They've become what some Christians will call a strongman. Just stating their policies is not enough to get PDP out of the centre. PDP is known not to respect gentlemen. If APC is focused on relieving PDP of power it's because of the circumstances. However, this does not take away from them their record in governance. They may not be the perfect change - we will never get that but they are a change worth going for.

"Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

Ok APC governors have all outperformed their PDP counterparts, that's all well and good. We are talking about presidential candidates, yes we know Jonathan is a sissy, but GMB has been jumping from one political party to the other in a bid to become president, does he have the same ideals as these governors you speak of? Or is he just the most formidable opponent the APC could put up against Jonathan?
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Priceless24(f): 5:19am On Dec 16, 2014
golor:
Let give buhari a try,if he doesn't keep to his promises,we kick him out after his first 4 years. D honest truth is dat Jonathan doesn't need our vote neither does he hv anything to offer....im from delta,i shld b supporting Jonathan bt truth is dat d man has nothin to offer......though buhari doesn't look lyk a saint but who knows if God has touch him?a chance for buhari will b more beta than remaining in d hand of an incompetent jona...tap like if u agree wit me.

Four years no be four days my brother. I'm also from the Niger Delta and I'm not in support of Jonathan, I'm just saying Nigerians should not put someone who may be worse than Jonathan in power
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by chemali: 5:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:

Ok APC governors have all outperformed their PDP counterparts, that's all well and good. We are talking about presidential candidates, yes we know Jonathan is a sissy, but GMB has been jumping from one political party to the other in a bid to become president, does he have the same ideals as these governors you speak of? Or is he just the most formidable opponent the APC could put up against Jonathan?

You can never know for certain how a person will perform until he is given an opportunity to perform. However, there is a lot in his history that gives us an opportunity to have an expectation. He was chairman of PTF when it was formed and if you are unbiased, his performance has not been matched by any other intervention created after that be it PTDF or Sure-P. A lot of effort has been put towards rewriting history and highlighting flaws like the geographic spread of projects that were executed but he delivered on his mandate. When the Shagari government was overthrown, corruption was rife and we had just come out of an oil boom with nothing to show for it. He acted decisively and he looked inwards to sort out the challenges. Yes, his human rights records were not stellar then but this is a feature of most military interventions. The success of any government does not lie in the individual but the quality of his team and the leadership he provides this team. This has been exhibited both in his time as president and PTF chairman and this is common to the APC Governors.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by temitemi1(m): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2014
That's why I have to stick with the devil I know than the angel dat I'm nt familiar with... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 16, 2014
Buhari is different

See his plan below

Hausa-Fulani > 2015 -2023

Yoruba > 2023 - 2031

Nigeria internal colonialists in action
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Opiosko: 6:52am On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:

GEJ could have done better if not for the many landmines that was set for him. Right from the time of Yar'Adua's sickness, the plan was to overwlm d dude nd forced him to quit. He looks clueless today on boko haram issue cos if he goes tough, he is accussed of waging a war against d north slow down, he is boko haram. Being from a minority tribe has handicapped GEJ but he is honestly too soft. There are times when a man must do what is required of him and damn the consequence no matter the opposition against him.... For Gen Buhari, he is a fraud. He alread said ACN govts were corrupt..same people he is associating with today while promising to fight corruption.. Moreover, he has shown that he cannot keep his word cos he already said he wont be contesting again after 2011.. He is also remorslessly vengeful. He saw the riot that killed innocent Nigerians in the north (including serving corp members) and he never condemnd it. Instead, he want it to happen again cos he knows he will surely lose again. Neither of them is what Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by McSterling(m): 7:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Chemali, you've spoken well. @ op, I am also dispassionate when it comes to partisan politics, but given the present state of affairs, we can't afford to sit on the fence. Jonathan has proved beyond reasonable doubt that he's a failure and a complete dead end. The only choice we've really got is GMB. Whether or not he'll fail/succeed, we can't yet say. And we can never know if we do not give him a chance to prove his mettle. It will be foolhardy to vote Jonathan again after all that has happened these four years. Only blind bigoted political sycophants say "GEJ till 2019". They support him mostly on the basis of tribe and religion, not performance. In GMB we have a beacon of hope, at least.
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by McSterling(m): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2014
temitemi1:
That's why I have to stick with the devil I know than the angel dat I'm nt familiar with... GEJ till 2019!!!
Smh. You'd rather stick with something that isn't working than have a chance at change? A pity.
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by mrvitalis(m): 8:09am On Dec 16, 2014
am scared too that buhari may fail ...but just take a look 1 APC governors has done far better than PDP governors
2 lets for once prove we cant take failure .and if buhari fails we vote him out again
3 am tired of corruption and buhari has proven he is not a saint but one of the must stra8 forward nigerians and that means he will fight corruption better than anyone in the past
...this are the reason why i will vote buhari
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Youngzedd(m): 8:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Say NO to another four years of suffering and bombing.
Say NO to another for years of corruption.
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Morkavictor: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2014
Apc should tell us how they plan to change nigeria if elected not shouting change here and there.
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by authority2006(m): 8:33am On Dec 16, 2014
Definitely, @op is afraid of change. When crude oil was selling above $100 per barrel, Jonathan kept borrowing money. How will he (in conjunction with madam voodoo economist) manage our economy for the next four years now that the barrel of oil is selling at $61? Jonathan administration stinks corruption and a change is the best logical step now, either for the better or worse. Personally, I don't think that, with a new government in place, things will get worse. Jonathan and Jonathanians are disasters to this nation. CHANGE IS A MUST, and anybody who refuses to embrace it will be blown away by it.
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by stanech: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2014
the difference bw apc and pdp is 35cl coke and 50cl coke same contect on different bottles

apc states seems to have performed but if you compare the burden as debt being owned by theese states you will be amased at some point the fg has to stop them from borrowing except the fg approves

oshomole was asked how much edo state owe as debt on tv he didnt give a figure he couldnt say shit

i hate the pdp but i will love them to be replaced by a genuine different opposition party
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by Godfullsam(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2014
I keep saying this, all of you singing the praises of this clueless man may God treat the affairs of your life the way Gej is treating the affairs of this country. Amen
Re: Jonathan Is A disappointment but why should We Believe GMB Will be Any Different by chamboy(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2014
Let's start putting this Guys on Pressure...When we boot out GEJ, their would b pressure on who ever enters
GEJ has failed, Majority of us know this. Even his supporters know but let remove that sentiment, delusion, sympathy and Boot him Out
#kickoutGEj2015

(1) (Reply)

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Speaking On Change And How To Beat Corruption / External Forces Stalled Chibok Girls Rescue – Jonathan / Watch GMB Response To AIT Documentary 10:30 Pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.