Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,682 members, 7,945,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (64522 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Dahprech(f): 7:08pm On May 27, 2015
Nyc work keep it up following
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 12:09am On May 28, 2015
Well done rapmike,more wisdom from above
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Oche211(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2015
I ve been following dis story and i must say that it ranks among d best stories on NL. Great work rapmike.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Essyprity(f): 9:56am On May 28, 2015
Can't wait for activist to have enough reason to emerge. Beautiful storyline.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 10:26am On May 28, 2015
Now I'm back bros

I've miss alot ooo, anyways.. . Now Chuks is late, Tade will be activated, and everything is shaking

Keep em coming boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:08pm On May 28, 2015
Hello Everyone!

Am sorry if I have not updated as much as I would have liked/ if my updates are too short. The fact is that am having a few issues to deal with, ranging from my phone to school fees and all that stuff. But note this, I still be updating, hopefully an update will come today.

On the story, we are half-way through the story. As many of you guessed, Chuks' death is a turning point in this story. However, there are still many questions and answers to unravel. This book, if everything goes as i imagine will be the first in a trilogy that i will hopefully publish as a full blown book series.

Thanks again for all your comments and encouragement, without them all this story would have been dead here.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 28, 2015
* Sobbing* Chuks! So this is how your life ended? I can't type much right now, I'm so sad.

Rapmike, u are doing a very good job. Following till the end.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2015
Chapter Nine

"Target on sight. Three tangos are guarding her." Sunday's com shrilled out. They had been watching the Adejumobi's house for like three days now. Ronke Adejumobi was the principal reason for this. She had messed up with the wrong people and had been sent on exile to the great beyond. Now that her family had joined, they must follow suit.

"How many are in the perimeter, Taiwo?"
"Five more, three at the entrance, two at the back.
Making eight all together, right?"
"Yes, all of them are eight. Permission to move?"
"No, just stay in there and cover me. I am moving in."
"Sunday, I know that you can't be killed but charging in without a plan isn't exactly the plan."
"Who is talking of charging in? Am just moving in and I will be done in no time. Just watch me. Am out."
Taiwo com went dead. He quickly adjusted himself and hissed. Since that day at Baba Oluwo's house, a lot had changed. They suddenly evolved from part of a cult group to a group of elite assassins, using various gadgets. He, for example is currently had a Barret M98B, a type of sniper rifle as a weapon. Sunday on the other hand, just carried a pistol. That was another irony on its own. Since that day, Mayowa had unofficially made Sunday the second in command. When he protested, Mayowa told them why; Sunday's abilities had suddenly included the inability to die, therefore he had jumped a lot of steps to be the second. He had to calm down, especially as Sunday said that he will try and work with anyone that is assigned with him. But this looked like going solo.

Sunday on the other hand, had a different plan in mind. After ending communication with Taiwo, he brought out his stone, placed it on a tree branch and immediately cut his finger. He then used the blood to make a symbol resembling a star trapped in a circle. All without a sound. Once he was done, the symbol disappeared and from the area marked, he could see the exterior of the house.

Pulling out his pistol, he located the guards. As he located them, he pulled the trigger. They dropped dead one after the other, a bullet on each head. As Taiwo watched in horror from his vantage point, Sunday quickly switched to the interior and took out each guard, one by one until he got to the target. As the target looked at her guards fall down in a daze, she got shot on the head. Swiftly, noiseless and totally boring, but it was excellently accomplished.

"Mission accomplished, Taiwo." Sunday said from his com. "Am moving out."

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 29, 2015
Jeez!!! Sunday is becoming something else ooo....... Haaha! this is really serious ooo!

Rapmike, thanks for the update, still following.....
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 1:37am On May 31, 2015
Wow dis z soo captivating, Well done u're rili doin agrt job here
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:23pm On May 31, 2015
Good evening folks.
Sorry if I have not updated my story. I am kinda occupied at the moment and MTN network is not smiling here.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Jumizie13(f): 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
Oluwa ooooooo
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
trying to update, its not working
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2015
rapmike:
trying to update, its not working
why now? abeg work o make rapmike update for us
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
Tade looked at the empty bunk which once contained Chuks bed in silence. It has been more than a week since he was killed and Tade had not fully recovered from the incident. He had started attending classes again- obviously life had to go on but he still felt awkward.

Made had cried heavily ( for a guy) during the first week. He felt a good part of the guilt since he was the once who had pushed Chuks towards the police. Shittu felt bad but did not mourn or show any sign of sorrow. When Tade accosted him, Shittu reminded the Law student that they all have their lives and that Chuks should have known when it was too much to handle.

Tade was more bothered with who killed Chuks than the pain of his death. From the little he had deduced the people who got Chuks received the information about him of recent. Tade suspected the officers in duty and his suspicion was also shared with the former DPO, who had stated that the investigation was compromised. He did not want to go to that police station again, in fact he did not want to have anything to do with them.

But he knew nothing of the information that led to Chuks death and that bothered him. If Chuks killer had it in mind that they were two people and Tade's identity was with him, then Tade was not safe.
Especially as Dotun had been released!
Dotun looked at his watch for the umpteenth time. He hated anyone delaying him, especially if it was a girl. He had to go to the party with this half-bleached, quarter-sun baked girl. Of course she was beautiful and had 'something upstairs' but she was also an example of why bleaching was not good, with all the visible parts of her body fair like Bianca Ojukwu but her inner thighs as dark as Mercy Johnson. Of course he had seen her inner thighs, in fact he had seen everything but had not 'entered the place', as it was during the prep that he was called for that class which he got arrested for.

"Monica! We will be late! Do quick jare!" He shouted.

"Am sorry oh, its this bra that is giving me problems." She replied from inside her room.

Dotun hissed and allowed his mind to drift away from the immediate issue to that of Chuks. It was when he got out of jail that he realized that Chuks was killed. Of course he did not authorize it, and even more surprising was the fact that he was not pleased with what happened. While Mayowa's handling of the Adejumobi's and Sunday's killing abilities pleased him, Dotun felt that Chuks case could be dealt differently, even forgiven sef. Chuks was more than a class rep, he was the leader of the class. He stood up for many of them when they were in trouble and had even helped Dotun a few times when it was in his control. Chuks was a calm and reasonable person, who according to Dotun deserved to live. That's why he will attend Chuks burial.

"I am ready, Dotun." Monica said, jolting him to the present.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Monica looked sweet, if not a bit slutty when she came out, as she wore a bum-short that defined the term 'slut', while the caption on her black T-shirt was all inviting, as it read: Catch me if you can.
Of course Dotun was not bothered, in fact he liked to see this side of her as it was not a common occurrence. Monica, for all her slutty intentions that night was a virgin, something he confirmed before he got arrested. He had not had sex with her, but fingering her was enough for him to realize that her hymen was intact. So he enjoyed the sight in front of him before moving out.

When they got to the party at Archi Studio, Monica quickly joined the crowd as Dotun locked his car. He was not bothered, in fact he preferred it that way rather than having her police him around. His eyes were looking earnestly for the sight of Chinedu, his Capone. They had planned meeting here for some business and even though Dotun was secretly planning to start his own cult group,he still had enough respect for Chinedu to honor his request.

After scouring the area for fifteen minutes, he did not see Chinedu and decided to join Monica on the dance floor. As he got there, he saw an obviously drunk dude trying to start his quest inside Monica's pants.

Puwa! A heavy slap resounded on the hall, giving everyone close to her enough notice. The dude was obviously stunned as he did not know when she turned arou

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Monica looked sweet, if not a bit slutty when she came out, as she wore a bum-short that defined the term 'slut', while the caption on her black T-shirt was all inviting, as it read: Catch me if you can.
Of course Dotun was not bothered, in fact he liked to see this side of her as it was not a common occurrence. Monica, for all her slutty intentions that night was a virgin, something he confirmed before he got arrested. He had not had sex with her, but fingering her was enough for him to realize that her hymen was intact. So he enjoyed the sight in front of him before moving out.

When they got to the party at Archi Studio, Monica quickly joined the crowd as Dotun locked his car. He was not bothered, in fact he preferred it that way rather than having her police him around. His eyes were looking earnestly for the sight of Chinedu, his Capone. They had planned meeting here for some business and even though Dotun was secretly planning to start his own cult group,he still had enough respect for Chinedu to honor his request.

After scouring the area for fifteen minutes, he did not see Chinedu and decided to join Monica on the dance floor. As he got there, he saw an obviously drunk dude trying to start his quest inside Monica's pants.

Puwa! A heavy slap resounded on the hall, giving everyone close to her enough notice. The dude was obviously stunned as he did not know when she turned around and delivered him a slap. The drunkenness absorbed part of the pain as he tried to rejoin her in the dancing. Monica refused and walked away, prompting the guy to hold her and force her to dance with him.

"Ki lo she yin? Here na party o, if you no wan dance, waka comot." He was still holding her.

"Are you mad? Stop holding my hand, filthy pig!" Another slap followed the statement, leading to people gathering around the couple.

"E be like say you no sabi who I be? See, if I handle you, you will regret yourself. Better comport yourself make we enjoy wetin we wan do."

"She don talk say she no wan dance, bros free am abeg." Dotun stepped in. He knew where this may lead to and he did not like it.

"Oga, nobody put mata make you come do judge! Na my babe be this?"

"Who be your babe?" Monica shouted. "See, better leave me alone before he handles you, because......."

The dude launched a slap at her, sending her on her knees temporarily. This last action signaled to Dotun that it was enough and he had to respond.

As the drunk was about starting a guttural laughter, Dotun landed two quick punches on his back, before sending a couple of kicks too. The dude, now cleared of the drink, stood up and charged towards Dotun.

A fight was about to start!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ghen ghen!!! Action film......
Rapmike well done o, Thanks for the updates.......
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Missmossy(f): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Ghen-ghen its getting hot already,kudos rapmike.

2 Likes

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thanx for the update
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by nikky42(f): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2015
pls more updatesssssssss and more ink to your pen.........,.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
As he was about to lunge at Dotun, a hand from nowhere dragged him back.
"Ibukun, are you alright at all?" A tall, dark dude said, forcing Ibukun to rearrange himself.
"See how you are disgracing us here, not to talk of the guy you are fighting with." Ibukun still angry, decided to pick his cloth accessories(a wristwatch and a band) and the damaged pieces of his phone before leaving.
The tension eased off as quickly as it got started, though the party had ended for Monica as she angrily walked to the car.
At that moment, Dotun spotted Chinedu who signaled at him to come. The two men met and discussed something that did not take long. Once they were done, Dotun carried himself and walked straight to his car, humming to himself before driving both he and Monica home.

Nifemi looked at her watch and sighed again. It was ten pm and Wale will probably be growling in his stomach. To be fair though, she had tried her best to make this work; in fact she has not recalled anytime she had put so much effort in the relationship. She may not have conceded as much as she did some others, but she had worked hard. She woke up around 4 am to prepare for the day and she makes sure breakfast is ready for Wale before she leaves for the hospital. And by breakfast, she means a proper breakfast, not that 'bread and tea' crap. She works hard in the hospital and if she is not on night duty, she will arrive home around 7pm, take or leave 30 minutes of traffic jam. Then she goes ahead and cooks the food for the night, barely resting before handling the food. She still tries to perform her other 'wifely' duties as at when due, which is no easy feat when your husband is a young adventurous dude.
Yet she knew it is not enough. Wale is an African man, and as such abhors the 'twice a day' feeding formula, not to talk of days like this when she is so busy that she arrives late. At least he is a bit understanding to her plight.

As she drove through the now empty streets, she wondered how long it will take before he snaps.

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
My BIS is ending today. I hope I will be able to update before it ends sha.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mmmmmn.....
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Meanwhile Wale was done making cassava pudding (garri or eba) and was eating the pudding with Egusi soup when Nifemi walked in.

"Wale, where did you see Egusi soup?" She looked stunned.
Wale looked up and faced her. "So you think I can't cook abi? See as you are looking at me! I use to cook before I met my first wife.
So you can cook? I hope this food is not poisoned oh!" Nifemi said, chuckling.
"Eh? You are doubting my ability to cook?" Wale said, sounding serious. He then took a mold of the eba and dipped it in the soup, "Oya taste it." He held it up to her mouth.

"You want to feed me?" Nifemi said, making funny faces at the mold. "I won't take." She shook her head like a small kid.
"Nifemi, take jare."
"I am not taking it."
"So I can't feed my wife? Common, take it, the food is getting cold."
"Wale, don't bother." Nifemi walked towards the room.
"Okay, be doing shakara for me. Sha don't taste from my soup or eat from my eba."
"I will make rice! She concluded." As she got to the kitchen, she peeped into the soup and saw all the meat inside.
"Hmn." She looked at the food. This food looks well garnished and furnished. She took one shaki and one bukutur.
"This actually tastes good." She smiled, chewing the meat away. She looked towards the dining room and then picked another piece of meat, this time a piece of liver and walked towards the room.

Two weeks later, Tade was in Okija, watching his friend been buried. He was at the sermon, watching Chuks father shake his head sorrowfully. His mother was not there; she had been on admission since she heard about his death. His father and his sister were the ones present at the burial. The sister was quite beautiful despite her sorrow and if it was another setting, Tade would have tried to make a convo with her.

As he stared at the coffin which Chuks laid, he thought about a lot of things. How come people feed on others sorrow? How can someone be content, even have affinity for killing? The sorrow in the area was weighing him down.
As Chuks was committed to earth and people began to disperse, Tade caught a glimpse of Dotun!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 1:21am On Jun 07, 2015
rapmike:
Hello Everyone!

Am sorry if I have not updated as much as I would have liked/ if my updates are too short. The fact is that am having a few issues to deal with, ranging from my phone to school fees and all that stuff. But note this, I still be updating, hopefully an update will come today.

On the story, we are half-way through the story. As many of you guessed, Chuks' death is a turning point in this story. However, there are still many questions and answers to unravel. This book, if everything goes as i imagine will be the first in a trilogy that i will hopefully publish as a full blown book series.

Thanks again for all your comments and encouragement, without them all this story would have been dead here.
Mike I knew u were cooking something great

Don't worry we all gat ur back
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 1:39am On Jun 07, 2015
So dotun even have a good side of him.. It's indeed painful seeing a close friend committed to mother earth n I suggest tade picks up the pieces and get to work to see that these people never goes unpunished

But somehow I think Sunday's killing of the lady looks unreal or is it only me noticing that??

Nice one Mike it's so good reading ur story
Please don't get discouraged due to the lack of comments.. I can assure u u r doing something great here
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by nellyme(f): 5:54am On Jun 07, 2015
Enjoying every bit of the story, pls do continue
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2015
Eyah!!! I really feel for Chuks family.... It's so painful....
* Sobbing* Scentmarlc darling please give me your handkerchief..... * still sobbing*

Tade sorry u hear? Take heart....

Rapmike thanks for the updates...... More grease to your elbow..... more mb to your phone....

#TEAM SCENT
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by scentmarlc(m): 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
adeh39:
Eyah!!! I really feel for Chuks family.... It's so painful....
* Sobbing* Scentmarlc darling please give me your handkerchief..... * still sobbing*

Tade sorry u hear? Take heart....

Rapmike thanks for the updates...... More grease to your elbow..... more mb to your phone....

#TEAM SCENT

Darlin cry no more, its well. Life is unfair sometymes.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by scentmarlc(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
nellyme:
Enjoying every bit of the story, pls do continue

Same as me.

How yu doin sis
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by scentmarlc(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
rapmike:
Meanwhile Wale was done making cassava pudding (garri or eba) and was eating the pudding with Egusi soup when Nifemi walked in.

"Wale, where did you see Egusi soup?" She looked stunned.
Wale looked up and faced her. "So you think I can't cook abi? See as you are looking at me! I use to cook before I met my first wife.
So you can cook? I hope this food is not poisoned oh!" Nifemi said, chuckling.
"Eh? You are doubting my ability to cook?" Wale said, sounding serious. He then took a mold of the eba and dipped it in the soup, "Oya taste it." He held it up to her mouth.

"You want to feed me?" Nifemi said, making funny faces at the mold. "I won't take." She shook her head like a small kid.
"Nifemi, take jare."
"I am not taking it."
"So I can't feed my wife? Common, take it, the food is getting cold."
"Wale, don't bother." Nifemi walked towards the room.
"Okay, be doing shakara for me. Sha don't taste from my soup or eat from my eba."
"I will make rice! She concluded." As she got to the kitchen, she peeped into the soup and saw all the meat inside.
"Hmn." She looked at the food. This food looks well garnished and furnished. She took one shaki and one bukutur.
"This actually tastes good." She smiled, chewing the meat away. She looked towards the dining room and then picked another piece of meat, this time a piece of liver and walked towards the room.

Two weeks later, Tade was in Okija, watching his friend been buried. He was at the sermon, watching Chuks father shake his head sorrowfully. His mother was not there; she had been on admission since she heard about his death. His father and his sister were the ones present at the burial. The sister was quite beautiful despite her sorrow and if it was another setting, Tade would have tried to make a convo with her.

As he stared at the coffin which Chuks laid, he thought about a lot of things. How come people feed on others sorrow? How can someone be content, even have affinity for killing? The sorrow in the area was weighing him down.
As Chuks was committed to earth and people began to disperse, Tade caught a glimpse of Dotun!

Just readin dis make me realice wat a potential yu gat deposited on yu by God.
Stay on top of yur game bozz, its well

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Shattered Glass / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.