Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,918 members, 7,879,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Did You Come To Know Nairaland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Come To Know Nairaland (2298 Views)

After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 3:41am On Dec 17, 2014
As for me,It was in 2006, 4th of July weekend( America's independent day).
I had my wisdom teeth pulled out a few days prior and had travelled with the family for a vacation at Disney world in Orlando Florida.My mouth was hurting so bad and the pain medications made me drowsy so on this day I couldn't go out to the parks.
Stuck in a hotel room and miserable ,Couldn't eat anything ,I took out my laptop and started to browse around for something to cheer me up.I believe I searched for a nigerian forum and a site named nairaland showed up.

What's your story?
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 17, 2014
Coming across too many nairalanders and finally biting the bullet after a couple of years.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by pyyxxaro: 4:02am On Dec 17, 2014
My girlfriend told me , if i don't join Nairaland she won't disvirgin me.... The very day I joined Nairaland , that was the day I lost my Male Hymen cry

Seun see wetin una don cause cry
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by MrsAwesome: 5:32am On Dec 17, 2014
In 2008 I was searching about Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo relationship in the wake of the crisis in Jos and I was intrigued and disheartened on what I read especially coming from Ileke-idi, dayokanu, and the other warriors. It poisoned my mind that I had to log out or won't click on naira land to avoid the battles, didn't even know that other sections exist except politics. Then, in 2009 or thereabout when Beaf and the 40 lapdogs were having a field day...it was the most memorable time I have had on naira land and I have never left since.

Debrief08 of family section
Ogugua and the albino( have forgotten his monicker) of romance section.
Amaka of food section
Etc.
Where are you guys?
At least, naijababe, sagamite and his cretinoid crew are still around.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:56am On Dec 17, 2014
Through Google.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by yinkeys(m): 5:57am On Dec 17, 2014
While discussing with someone on how to get free antivirus. He told me about this site stating how people interact alot here. That was mid year 2011. I joined the 1st month of 2012 or so. I wish I had known about the site 2 or 3 years prior to the year that I joined. angry

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 17, 2014
Me don't know how I joined sef. Months of joblessness will give you the knowledge of Nairaland/dollarland naturally I guess.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by armyofone(m): 6:13am On Dec 17, 2014
From nigeriaworld message board. Used to frequent the board for some good laugh. The arguments there was something else. So sad the board doesn't exist anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by spicy244(f): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Tho' I've been hearing a lot bout it buh didn't give it a trial. It was when a frnd of mine now show mii some topics n I knew ao interesting it is. So I quickly signed up

But NL isn't like before again. Or is it just my own tot?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by veave(f): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2014
I was surfing the web one day. Then i kept on seeing lalalistic... lalalistic.... lalalistic.... so i clicked on the link. and clicked more, and clicked more... i was a guest for over a year before i registered last year tho. Thanks...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2014
babyosisi:
As for me,It was in 2006, 4th of July weekend( America's independent day).
I had my wisdom teeth pulled out a few days prior and had travelled with the family for a vacation at Disney world in Orlando Florida.My mouth was hurting so bad and the pain medications made me drowsy so on this day I couldn't go out to the parks.
Stuck in a hotel room and miserable ,Couldn't eat anything ,I took out my laptop and started to browse around for something to cheer me up.I believed I searched for a nigerian forum and a site named nairaland showed up.

What's your story?

i needed sometin to keep busy and stil gain knowledge and wisdom from eventually my sister suggested this sites.
i fell in love wit d family threads coz of real life issues and d matured advices given by people who av had experiences.

av gained a lot and am so grateful. kayinwulia efemenaxy cooger chaircover aisha2 pickabeau1 .....etc. God bless u all.love u

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Splendblex(f): 7:08am On Dec 17, 2014
I was told about NL in 2011, but didn't register until 2012. Literature section was my favourite then but now it's family section.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 17, 2014
Nobody introduced me 2 nairaland. I discovered dat almost every time I searched 4 a topic on google, nairaland MUST have something related 2 offer. Nairaland alwayz come top 3 in google search so I decided to tap directly into the anointing instead of getting it 2nd hand frm google

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by krystal101(f): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmmmm... Whenever hubby was home, he would log into Nairaland & be laughing so I tld myself I won't let him enjoy the fun alone. Its actually the comments we find really amusing

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2014
Question ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Macaulay10(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2014
lofty900:
Nobody introduced me 2 nairaland. I discovered dat almost every time I searched 4 a topic on google, nairaland MUST have something related 2 offer. Nairaland alwayz come top 3 in google search so I decided to tap directly into the anointing instead of getting it 2nd hand frm google
yh, you are right, I get to know it through Google also.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by justcallbuki(f): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
i got to knw abt it through a frd on fbk,he always make reference to nairaland in his update,so i decided to check it out my sef,around 2010.

Den introduce it to hubby,got to knw dt hubby is more active(politics section) dan mysef over 50 topic and many likes(he is an intovert) cnt belief he can talk/type dos.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
I stumbled on this site through Google search, i think i was searching for Nigeria news, but never got to register until about two years of being a guest, since 2012

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by lilmax(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
The spirit led me

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
I've known nairaland since as fat back as 2006/2007

I actually knew NL through Google. each time I searched for something, nairaland must come up. but I never gave it attention.

anyway I was bored one very day... I wanted to read jokes to crack me up. so I went to Google..from there I landed in nairaland jokes section. and decided to be part of it but i just remained a guest. 2010 i stumbled on a thread in politics section I needed so badly to comment so I immediately created an account. but i was most active in jokes section then for a little while b4 eventually moving to other section basically just the front page. tongue

now this is front page stuff Seun mukina obinoscopy

grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
I first learned about Nairaland in 2007. I was googling "beautiful pics of Abuja" for a class project, and I discovered that a good number of the search results were from this site.

I didn't visit NL even as a guest until 2009. Again, it was my googling of "Yar'Adua's illness" that led me to this site. So, from 2009 to August 2012, I became an occasional guest of NL. I finally decided to join the family in August 2012.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by prettymaxy(f): 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
My Ex
He used to check for job vacancy on nairaland
I was a guest for a long time b4 I decided to register

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Ilekeh(f): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
MrsAwesome:
In 2008 I was searching about Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo relationship in the wake of the crisis in Jos and I was intrigued and disheartened on what I read especially coming from Ileke-idi, dayokanu, and the other warriors. It poisoned my mind that I had to log out or won't click on naira land to avoid the battles, didn't even know that other sections exist except politics. Then, in 2009 or thereabout when Beaf and the 40 lapdogs were having a field day...it was the most memorable time I have had on naira land and I have never left since.
Debrief08 of family section
Ogugua and the albino( have forgotten his monicker) of romance section.
Amaka of food section
Etc.
Where are you guys?
At least, naijababe, sagamite and his cretinoid crew are still around.

People can lie easily. Ileke-Idi started venturing to politics around 2010 ish. Please try to reconstruct your fable and lies.

You must be Ibo to be disheartened by what yorubas write and to totally ignore the tribalistic posts by your Ibo brethens.

Chaiii see as grown woman just dey lie on public forum.

@Topic

My cousin visited from England. Knowing that I barely knew anything about Nigeria, he told me to visit NL.

Before NL, I used to think Nigerians were all the same. There was a thread on "Which state are you from?", I didn't know o. Had to go and ask my mom grin
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by MrsAwesome: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ilekeh:

People can lie easily. Ileke-Idi started venturing to politics around 2010 ish. Please try to reconstruct your fable and lies.

You must be Ibo to be disheartened by what yorubas write and to totally ignore the tribalistic posts by your Ibo brethens.

Chaiii see as grown woman just dey lie on public forum.

@Topic

My cousin visited from England. Knowing that I barely knew anything about Nigeria, he told me to visit NL.

Before NL, I used to think Nigerians were all the same. There was a thread on "Which state are you from?", I didn't know o. Had to go and ask my mom grin
I won't be thrilled if you are Ileke-idi because you spew poison and I will not be lured out by any venom you spew.
If it is your monicker, sure ..you maybe right about the year but still it doesn't negate the fact about the dark days of bitter tribal e-warfare championed by your likes whether Igbo , Yoruba or Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Fraih(f): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nairaland......
My school was on strike den,in 2012 I was too bored and was just surfing the internet and nairaland came up when I searched a particular thing and I registered immediately.....I can bet I never had any lone moment again throughout the period of the strike, I mean Nairaland was a land flowing with milk and Honey and Yea,I met Honey here on Nairaland wink ,,,,just dat dese days, some topics that make front page are just not it at all

Gone are the days where Nairaland is Fun and principled cry
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Ilekeh(f): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
MrsAwesome:
I won't be thrilled if you are Ileke-idi because you spew poison and I will not be lured out by any venom you spew.
If it is your monicker, sure ..you maybe right about the year but still it doesn't negate the fact about the dark days of bitter tribal e-warfare championed by your likes whether Igbo , Yoruba or Hausa.

Woman, not today. Too many disgruntled old women on NL.

Out!
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by aspirebig: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
I got here the first time in 2007.. We rock the land in Naira since our government allowed kobo to be valueless and almost going into extinction...

Heard about it from a friend,but always come in as a guest..I enjoyed the topics posts and their funny contributions sometimes educative ideas.
Along the line,I saw some topics that need my objective and sincere contribution,sometimes,someone else will say my mind,I still did not join until I see some other topics I really need to contribute,then I joined. Then I have to join again after the site was attacked..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by jmoore(m): 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Can't remember. E don tey.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by kemiola89(f): 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
From a colleague at work... that was far back 2009, though I didn't register immediately, was just visiting as a guest! I missed the old nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by anthoniaz(f): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Through my cousins in 2006.I registered then but later forgot my username and password when I didn't log in for like three years.Had to Register again in 2009.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Ezibless: 1:00am On Dec 18, 2014
This one everybody is mentioning dates and attaching history to it,lemme join the league.

Mine was through my yonger sis.
Literature section was my best.
For the year? Check yourself
Re: How Did You Come To Know Nairaland by Bowaley17(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2014
I came across Nairaland in Year 2013...i was searching for an information about Yabatech through google search and it was the first on the result list...i clicked on it,i saw d way people were asking questions and answers were been given on the thread...i decided 2 register...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? / Merry Christmas To You All...... / In This Situation, How Does One Gain Financial Stability?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.