Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,810 members, 7,872,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? (1271 Views)

Is This Parental Love To A Child Or Pure Wickedness / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
I've discovered (my family inclusive) that mothers love her male children more than the females, and daddies love and admire their girls more than the boys.

Pls Nairalanders,
is it the "opposite attracts" thing, or are my parents biased?

Is it even good for such divided parental attraction to exist in a home? Any experience, pls share with us.
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by SAMBARRY: 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Be right back
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by crackhaus: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
I wouldn't know the answer to this - I was the rebellious child and had neither the time nor patience to be checking which direction the love was flowing.

2 Likes

Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 12:25am On Dec 18, 2014
crackhaus:
I wouldn't know the answer to this - I was the rebellious child and had neither the time nor patience to be checking which direction the love was flowing.
Rebelious or not, one of ur parents must stil love you. If u were rebelious to d extent dat both parents hated u, then ur own is special, its nt natural..

1 Like

Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 12:26am On Dec 18, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Be right back
Pls do, and lend ur voice too.
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by SAMBARRY: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2014
Mescopaul:
Pls do, and lend ur voice too.
parents are oblivious that that stuff they do consciously or unconsciously is the origin of sibling rivalry
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by kemiola89(f): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2014
Reason bein that opposite poles attract, while like poles repel. cheesy
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Bowaley17(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2014
SAMBARRY:
parents are oblivious that that stuff they do consciously or unconsciously is the origin of sibling rivalry
very well Bro...

1 Like

Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2014
-
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by crackhaus: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mescopaul:
Rebelious or not, one of ur parents must stil love you. If u were rebelious to d extent dat both parents hated u, then ur own is special, its nt natural..
Who said anything about 'hate'? cheesy
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
-
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Juzzybabe(f): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
Your parents are not biased,if you've taken time to observe other families you will see that its a common thing.I don't know the reason behind it and I have not been given a reliable answer as to why. But its so common that the females fall on daddy's side while the males gets pampered by mummy.
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by bennyrazz: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
kemiola89:
law of magnetism
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mescopaul:
I've discovered (my family inclusive) that mothers love her male children more than the females, and daddies love and admire their girls more than the boys.

I don't think that this is true. I love both. Different ways though. You tend to be protective of the girls and encourage the boys to make decisions and take risks.
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by KanwuliaJara: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
FOR LOCALS ONLY! kiss
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Agybabe(f): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
That was how it was meant to be...nothing bad.
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Well, its not actually the origin, but its one of the main reasons of sibling rivalry.

1 Like

Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
crackhaus:

Who said anything about 'hate'? cheesy
Oh sowi dear for misinterpreting you..
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by EfemenaXY: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mescopaul:

Pls Nairalanders,
is it the "opposite attracts" thing, or are my parents biased?

Is it even good for such divided parental attraction to exist in a home? Any experience, pls share with us.

No. Such a divide shouldn't exist in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2014
EfemenaXY:

No. Such a divide shouldn't exist in the first place.
But it sure does ..
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by EfemenaXY: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
^^ That may be true in some instances, but a wise parent will do their very best to make sure it's not perceived by the kids, else it'll breed sibling rivalry amongst the kids.
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by DollyParton1(f): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2014
Yea. My sister and I noticed that my late mom loved my brother (his only son) more than us. Though she tried to hide it as much as she could, but we could still see it. My dad on the other hand was unreadable, we can't really say which of the two girls is his favourite, but one thing am sure of is that its definitely not my brother. Though most people claim its me, which I doubt. Why that happens, I don't understand. Maybe when I have my own kids l would know.

But that never bothered me, as my older siblings are about two years apart while my immediate elder sibling is about a decade older than me. I was just there on my own, in my own space, doing my own thing. I was being pampered as a last child(which is my right cheesy grin) and I couldn't be bothered who was whose favourite child.

1 Like

Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 8:00am On Jan 22, 2015
DollyParton1:
Yea. My sister and I noticed that my late mom loved my brother (his only son) more than us. Though she tried to hide it as much as she could, but we could still see it. My dad on the other hand was unreadable, we can't really say which of the two girls is his favourite, but one thing am sure of is that its definitely not my brother. Though most people claim its me, which I doubt. Why that happens, I don't understand. Maybe when I have my own kids l would know.

But that never bothered me, as my older siblings are about two years apart while my immediate elder sibling is about a decade older than me. I was just there on my own, in my own space, doing my own thing. I was being pampered as a last child(which is my right cheesy grin) and I couldn't be bothered who was whose favourite child.
I feel real sorry whenever my mom show an outburst of ocassional love towards us boys, and often than not shows a limited afection to my imediate elder sister. I feel for her realy. She knows quite well about it, so she often say to me: "Mii, help me go tel mummy about that money, you knw how she dy do, she go listen to you pass me".
Re: Gender-induced Parental Love. What's Your Take? by Mescopaul(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2015
kemiola89:
I think you nailed it.

(1) (Reply)

Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? / Photo: Land Owners Around Ajah Beware Of Ritualists / Fight Over The Family House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.