Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,651 members, 7,902,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 07:57 PM

Domain Name Industry - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Domain Name Industry (1243 Views)

Great Site To Get Ur Free Domain Name (.com,.org,.net). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
still wondering why several nigerians are not into this. it involves buying and selling of domain names. well it's an old business but just gaining ground in nigeria now.
Re: Domain Name Industry by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
U mind giving us insight on how this works? Like how to go about it.
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
yea, in this online venture. one make money in three ways; 1. domain parking. you buy an expired domain name with good traffic, park it at a parking company, the company put adverts in your domain and whenever someone visits that domain and click on any ad there, you make money. as simple as that! just how much a domain name cost you may ask, normally a domain name registration cost N1,650 but with a promo code you can buy a domain name for as low as N300. yes you read it well. 2. domain leasing; you can rent your domain out for a specific time and make money. and 3. domain selling; this very popular and simply means buying and reselling of domain names, just last october ebola.com was sold by it's owner for a ridiculous price of $200,000.
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
@ veegirl i saw your pm notification but can't access that email again. contact me via my signature
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2014
really wondering why these foreign folks use to pay a very high price for a domain name! an investment of not up to N2,000? just in now was that 100.com has been sold for $950,000. though am not the owner but am really happy for him. let's enjoy it while it last. questions are welcomed
Re: Domain Name Industry by Shegz4god(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2014
How do I get started and where to start or register.. please shed more light
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
goggle.com has been a great benefit to many including me. many will not have been scammed if they have taking time to do proper research before taking any action. before i went for the training on this expired domain of a thing, i did proper investigation online and today i have a wonderful story to tell. making money online can be hard at times if you don't have a good mentor. it's a painful thing that several nigerians claiming to be making money online are very far from the truth. to learn more about expired domain parking and investing visit my website @ www.jelinco.com feel free to drop your questions and comments. cheers
Re: Domain Name Industry by lakefist(m): 1:44am On Dec 24, 2014
As an experience Internet marketer I must tell u Ur sales page is poor.Even if sum1 is wiling to buy Ur product sale page can discourage them. Work on it or give a Gud copy writer to do it for u
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 6:50am On Dec 24, 2014
thank you very much lakefist, i must tell you i created that site out of the passion i have for this business and willing to show others how to get involved too. and if i like i can shut it down tomorrow. creating a more decent website is not the issue but giving quality to the public is my aim , a mere goggling of my name will tell you if am real or am just hyping lies. thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Industry by G12(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2014
@OP ur ebook is going for a whooping sum of 2k. I thought you will be generous to summarize the info for fellow nairalanders here.

Mind you, for those that will be interested in the domain biz, go to the business section, there is a thread about it all. Open and read and research more.

Nairaland has blessed me with so much info ranging from mini importation to amazon kindle publishing, freelancing on freelancer.com, and what have you. Just want to see the one that will yield the most benefit and focus on it. I never bought any ebook, get an idea, no matter how little it is and research on it. Some of the ebooks you buy are info people get from freely form the internet too.

If you can't do a research on your own, feel free to pay someone for doing it for you. Afterall na so people still dey block to pass for school when their mate dey read.
Re: Domain Name Industry by lakefist(m): 8:59am On Dec 24, 2014
G12:
@OP ur ebook is going for a whooping sum of 2k. I thought you will be generous to summarize the info for fellow nairalanders here.

Mind you, for those that will be interested in the domain biz, go to the business section, there is a thread about it all. Open and read and research more.

Nairaland has blessed me with so much info ranging from mini importation to amazon kindle publishing, freelancing on freelancer.com, and what have you. Just want to see the one that will yield the most benefit and focus on it. I never bought any ebook, get an idea, no matter how little it is and research on it. Some of the ebooks you buy are info people get from freely form the internet too.

If you can't do a research on your own, feel free to pay someone for doing it for you. Afterall na so people still dey block to pass for school when their mate dey read.
If he charges more than 2k its okay.not every1 learn from forum.one on one and ability to direct Ur question to Ur teacher wen ever Ur confused is the best.at least his effort must be appreciated.Imagine sleepless nites of research and u expect him to give it out free.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2014
@ G12 the problem with most nigerians is that they are not willing to learn and are looking for free things. for you to be claiming you have learnt alot from nairaland forum and yet calling a mere N2000 a "whooping" sum is ridiculous and shows you are still struggling online. you need to be more serious and stop depending on free things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
"The Harsh Truth about Selling Domain Names
Let’s begin with two important things you need to understand and accept (but will likely upset a few readers):
Most of your domain names are probably un-sellable.
Before I dive into how you can boost your domain sales, it’s time for a reality check. The number one impediment to what is referred to as “secondary market” domain name sales is the quality – or lack thereof – of the inventory.
In general, the kind of inventory that sells best in today’s world is one-word, two-word, and sometimes three-word English language .com domain names that directly relate to popular business products or services.
If you are holding non .com inventory (e.g., .net, .org, .biz), or domains that consist of invented words, or are phrases, be prepared for the sad probability that this inventory will not sell in your lifetime.
Of course there are going to be exceptions to this, but they are, by their very nature, exceptions. The cold, hard reality is that secondary market domain names are not very liquid assets. This probably means that most of your inventory is not going to sell. Ever."
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2015
Earn money with Domain Parking
Take advantage of Domain Parking! You can earn money with your unused domains and sell them even quicker.Domain Parking is completely free of charge!
The idea is simple:Advertisements which thematically correspond to the domain name will be displayed on your domain.You will earn money whenever a visitor clicks on the advertising links. Parked domains can simultaneously display a banner with sales information. With this you will receive twice as many offers as with unparked domains.
Earn money:You will earn money whenever a user clicks on the advertising content on your parked domain. The advertising links are selected by parking companies advertisement providers to match your domain name. This is all included for you at no charge!
Get to know your domain's value:Detailed statistics provide information on the performance of your domain. This lets you better assess your domain's value and provides an ideal basis for sales negotiations.
Increase accessibility:Your domain will no longer lead to an empty page or a page under construction. Use it instead as advertising space and feature professional content on your domain which will always be in the visitor's native language. This ensures that no click will ever escape you!
Re: Domain Name Industry by iykepromotions: 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
lectures, guides and counselling available. Thanks for the trust and patronage so far

(1) (Reply)

Work / Employment Opportunities In A British University / Recruiters Nest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.