Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,801 members, 7,945,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:07 PM

Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! (18335 Views)

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE / Victory In Disguise For Subsidy : Fg To Seek Alternative Sources To Fund Sure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
ibedun:
Bros, where can I find the budget? thanks
It should be in any newspaper on Friday last week. Of N4.4trn only about N650bn is for capital expenditure.
Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by agitator: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Why is everybody shouting oil!!!!!! oil!!!!!!!!!!!! oil!!!!!!! angry angry angry

Some mor.ons from the most educated tribe have been shouting themselves hoarse that Oil is not the mainstay of the Nigerian economy grin grin grin

So, why all this crocodile tears and noise making. shocked shocked shocked

Well you problems just started, wait and experience what will happen after Jonathan returns to Otueke. cool cool cool
Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by dein77(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
agitator:
Why is everybody shouting oil!!!!!! oil!!!!!!!!!!!! oil!!!!!!! angry angry angry

Some mor.ons from the most educated tribe have been shouting themselves hoarse that Oil is not the mainstay of the Nigerian economy grin grin grin

So, why all this crocodile tears and noise making. shocked shocked shocked

Well you problems just started, wait and experience what will happen after Jonathan returns to Otueke. cool cool cool

Whoever denies the fact that oil IS the MAINSTAY of the Nigerian economy is both foolish and insincere.

The oil price crash is indeed a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by manot: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
make e fall go 10dollars a barrel l will like it
Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by ohzee(f): 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
dein77:
Millions of Nigerians are alarmed at the falling oil prices at the international oil market. For many, it's a sign of doom. But for me, and probably for a microscopic few, it's a blessing in disguise.

Our leaders have wasted decades of oil fortunes that would have been massively invested in infrastructures and other sectors of the economy, and now they are falling the accompanying consequences. Isaac Newton's Third Law of Motion comes to mind. It was only a matter of time before Nigeria paid for its profligacy and waste. We hardly learn, as a nation!

We have refused to think beyond oil; our mental faculties took a deadly sabbatical from the moment the blackgold was discovered in commercial quantities. Now, external forces are controlling our destiny as a people.

The falling oil prices will definitely FORCE our leaders to be more proactive in diversifying our economy. Diversifying our economy will definitely give us more options of survival. It's an economic suicide for an entire nation to depend entirely on a commodity so volatile in the International market. If ever we needed to diversify our economy , it's NOW.

The crashing oil prices will also, to a long extent, curb official corruption and impunity. Let's see if the government will seat idly and watch some few eggheads embezzle it's limited resources. A commodity that once sold at over $100 per barrel now goes for a little above $55! Infact the amount of money left to be embezzled is largely reduced.

The crashing oil prices may also force our thieves to pay more attention to our local refineries, as this may yield more profits than just selling the raw crude directly to the international at very low prices.

In every disappointment, there's some blessings. Let's take advantage of this slump and take more proactive steps. As an individual, I've taken some steps to curb financial recklessness as 2015 approaches.

He who fails to plan, has planned to fail.

Happy Xmas in advance, and a prosperous New Year to all Nairalanders.

Thanks for this post. As for me I have as an individual started campaigning that we should look inwards and use more of locally made goods. I now eat local abakaliki rice. I will start wearing local shoes and using ankara to make all my clothes. We all need to help save our country and not always blame our leaders. Also tightened my budget. No more frivolous spending.
Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by amelieoneill: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Like Shannon said I'm amazed that you able to make $4303 in 4 weeks on the internet .
You could try here ------>>> W­­W­­W.J­­O­­B­­S­­F­­I­­S­­H.C­­O­­M
Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by stevecantrell: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
benzion72:

Falling oil prices does not have any advantage for Nigeria. Sooner or latter Nigeria may not be able to meet her financial obligation which may lead to bankruptcy. When the government could no longer pay salary where will worker get money to pay for agricultural goods. All these are interconnected

So please, I don't understand.

How can that be a blessing to any Nigerian ?
Re: Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
papiforreal:
Forget it bro. You are talking as if our leaders have masses in their mind. This is not the first time we get so close to economic melt-down because of slump in oil price, it happened in 2009 and we did not made any serious attempt to diversify then. The truth is, as long as our leaders would have little surplus from oil revenue to steal from, no matter how little, they dont care how masses are suffering.

Stop even thinking of adjusting anything, this period is temporary, and once oil price get better, we will all forget about anything diversifyng, life goes on, plus, our oga jonathan has already piles our 49 billion dollars some where to finance his re-election bid, so even if oil falls to $20 per barrels, it doesnt touch the turf of his shirt. Re-election is all he cares about now.

i have for long stop praying for Nigeria, i just pray for acces to oil revenue to scoop my own share.
bros forget it, the party is over. US are not buying again. and China and India won't buy. even if India will buy they can't bypass Saudi Arabia or Iran to buy from a far away Nigeria. there is fire on the mountain next year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Appoints Fatima Waziri-Azi As DG NAPTIP / Anambra Offers Appointment To Rehabilitated Tennis Star, Tania Okpala / Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.