Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 (1587 Views)

Iridium Or Platinum Spark Plug For Mazda 323f Glx 2.0i V6 Dohc Engine / Quiz: Which Is Safer, 1988 Peugeot 505 GLX Or 1988 Toyota Corolla FX? / Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by alextayo(m): 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
Due to the incessant cases of car stereo theft in my area, I decided to fix security alarms for my car but was told my the technician that it is not possible to fix the alarm because the car does not have evaporator.

To the Auto Gurus in the house!!!! Please how true is this and is there another means of installing this alarm.

The car is MAZDA 323F GLX 1996 Model.
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
alextayo:
Due to the incessant cases of car stereo theft in my area, I decided to fix security alarms for my car but was told my the technician that it is not possible to fix the alarm because the car does not have evaporator.

To the Auto Gurus in the house!!!! Please how true is this and is there another means of installing this alarm.

Oga Gazzuzz abeg come o, come explain wetin evaporator dey find inside motor alarm installation. Abi Kazeeem wan make the evaporator evaporate/diffuse the alarm when e dey sound so that e fit sey continue to comot OP radio?

1 Like

Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by Readonee35L(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
lwkmd
abeg what evaporator is your techi talking about

because me am confused
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by alextayo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
I also tried to figure out what business evaporator has to do with car security alarm system but since it is not my area of specialty, I decided to ask the auto gurus in the house.

He offered to do a makeshift evaporator which I am totally not in support of. I dont want any alteration on my car.
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
lomomike:

Oga Gazzuzz abeg come o, come explain wetin evaporator dey find inside motor alarm installation. Abi Kazeeem wan make the evaporator evaporate/diffuse the alarm when e dey sound so that e fit sey continue to comot OP radio?

The thing taya me o! grin. The evaporator go make the car evaporate into thin air! Then re-appear later after the thief don commot. Mostly available in 2016 models of mazda 323.
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
On a more serious note, your vehicle is not equipped with a central locking system and the doors are opened manually one by one, what ur electrician is calling an evaporator is actually an aftermarket door lock actuator switch, costs about N800-1k for each one. it would have to be fitted to at least 1 door, and wired up so when you press the aftermarket fob, the doors will lock and unlock as you wish. This is an assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by alextayo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
On a more serious note, your vehicle is not equipped with a central locking system and the doors are opened manually one by one, what ur electrician is calling an evaporator is actually an aftermarket door lock actuator switch, costs about N800-1k for each one. it would have to be fitted to at least 1 door, and wired up so when you press the aftermarket fob, the doors will lock and unlock as you wish. This is an assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong.

@ GAZZUZZ, thanks so much for this important info. The car has central locking system but I just want additional security. (CAR STEREO COST OOOO). I will implement your method for possible positive result. Also thanks for the price check because he actually told me that it cost N2500 for each door and 4pcs cost 10k. Chai.....Baba Tijani wan buy Christmas chicken for my head.
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
@ gazzuzz, your own na 'kazeem', now alextayo don bring another one come again 'baba tijani'

grin grin grin
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:47am On Dec 21, 2014
alextayo:

@ GAZZUZZ, thanks so much for this important info. The car has central locking system but I just want additional security. (CAR STEREO COST OOOO). I will implement your method for possible positive result. Also thanks for the price check because he actually told me that it cost N2500 for each door and 4pcs cost 10k. Chai.....Baba Tijani wan buy Christmas chicken for my head.

If all ur door locks can pop open and close via the central lock, then I see no point buying the aftermarket actuator. I feel you are about to be conned.
Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by chukel(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2014
I love cartalk. Chai. I love the way lomomike calls GAZZUZZ to come and see o. I can't stop laughing. This is Xmas. The kazeems and tijanis must have mugus naa.

2 Likes

Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
alextayo:

what you need is a alarm system that will be hooked to the central locking system such that when the central locking is locked, the alarm system arms itself aka turns on for any intrusion

the system must have a shock sensor or wave sensor, the shock or wave sensor detects any sudden movement of the car/or any moment of anything inside and the alarms goes off the senstivity of sensor can be adjusted based on the area you live ie imagine you live close to a busy road and there are always heavy truck passing by their movement might set off the alarm

something like the picture below

Re: Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 by alextayo(m): 10:01am On Dec 22, 2014
@GAZZUZZ and ZIMDRILL, thanks for your invaluable tips. Thumbs Up. All I need to do is look for a competent auto tech. I actually bought the alarm system uploaded by ZIMDRILL and It's now clear that incompetence on the part of Baba Tijani brought about this evaporator (actuator) conspiracy theory or as suggested by GAZZUZZ, he wants to maga me for Christmas chicken.

(1) (Reply)

Please! Enlighten Me On Toyota Corolla 2004/2005 Model / Please Is This Toyota Highlander 2017 Model Available In Nigeria And The Cost ? / Please I Need Opinions On Honda Accord 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.