Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

Reason For Improved Communication/internet Facilty In Nigeria Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reason For Improved Communication/internet Facilty In Nigeria Today (700 Views)

40 Profitable Small Businesses In Nigeria Today / Football Betting Guide For Improved Winnings / List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason For Improved Communication/internet Facilty In Nigeria Today by wordychap: 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
This present government made this possible, kudos to them

BENEFITS OF THE LAUNCH OF NIGCOMSAT-1R TO NIGERIA

On December 20, 2011, Nigeria Communication Satellite-1R was successfully launched in China. The launch was conducted according to the Nigcomsat-1R contract signed by the Nigeria Communication Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT) and China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC), a subsidiary of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CAST). The Nigconsat-1R is the replacement of the Nigeria Communication Satellite 1 (Nigcomsat-1) that failed in the orbit
Nigcomsat-1R spacecraft is built on Dong Fang Hong 4(DFH-4) satellite bus developed CAST and launched by Lm-3B. Nigcomsat-1R is expected to improve the relevant national infrastructure and benefit people with its coverage.

This satellite will enhance our nation’s communication system and increase internet bandwidth throughout the federation while substantially reducing the over One Billion dollars cost incurred from the usage of foreign owned satellites for e-commerce activities of both government and private sector users. This is a fulfillment of the goals contained in our nation’s 25 year National Space Development Roadmap. There cannot be transformation  without technology and the technological benefits from this satellite will flow to all Nigerians whether rural or urban dweller and would also provide cheaper access to the internet with a view to bridging the existing digital divide between our urban and predominantly rural communities and thereby bringing government  to the grassroots.

Nigcomsat R-1 will play significant roles in the actualization of the cashless society thus opening up Nigeria business and enterprises to markets that are not limited by space or time,  It will enhance the rural telephony project of the  Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) and e-voting project of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The launch of the satellite would also lead the agency to realize its overall mandate of actualizing vision 20-2020. It would also tremendously raise the revenue profile of the country especially as every home could have access to the internet easily and affordably.

http://cpn.gov.ng/index.php?page=shownws&id=19#.VJa9oMAAEU
Re: Reason For Improved Communication/internet Facilty In Nigeria Today by theSpark(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
Baba I no see the benefit of the satellite yet oh. Until I get 5gb for 1k and satellite bouquet of 200 prime channels for 1k, the satellite is useless to me.
Re: Reason For Improved Communication/internet Facilty In Nigeria Today by wordychap: 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
theSpark:
Baba I no see the benefit of the satellite yet oh. Until I get 5gb for 1k and satellite bouquet of 200 prime channels for 1k, the satellite is useless to me.
Its one step at a time, browsing/video streaming on phones weren't easy 6 yrs ago, we're gradually getting to your target

(1) (Reply)

Website Development For Just 10,000 Naira / Kaymu Attacking Konga Directly! / Nigeria Entrepreneur Summit, Exhibition & Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.