Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,113 members, 7,916,248 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:51 PM

Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System (798 Views)

See What Alcohol Caused To This Olosho After Night Party [photo + Video] / SHAMEFUL ACT: See What Alcohol Did To This G!rls After Night Party [PHOTO] / SHOCKING!! See What Regular Use Of Paracetamol Medicine Can Do To Our Body. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by sunnynyra(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
UNBELIEVABLE!!! SEE HOW ALCOHOL WORKS IN YOUR BODY SYSTEM
Ok! Hello sir(s) and ma(s), I hope you guyz are enjoying the holiday? Christmas is around the corner and there will be lots of drinks and food. Alcohol too go dey, that one sure baje. Some people as a matter of fact drink to stupor only on December 25th, they are celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ nani.

I did a little research on how alcohol work in the body that takes over our system and controls every of our thoughts and actions for the moment...I was amazed by what I discovered. And hey! Yes, I drink....Water. lolz.

"Alcohol is produced when the sugars from fruits or cereals are fermented by yeasts." - For those who never knew.

When a person drinks alcohol, it affects almost every part of their body. The alcohol you drink travels to your stomach. Unlike food, alcohol doesn't need to be digested and after ingested, it reaches the stomach where about 20% of the alcohol absorbs into the bloodstream, through small blood vessels.

After entering the bloodstream, alcohol travels very quickly to every part of the body. Your brain will be the first part of your body to be affected – the alcohol will dull the parts of your brain that control how your body works, affecting your actions and your ability to make decisions and stay in control.

At first, you may feel happy and less inhibited, but after more bottles/cups have been gulped down, you'll probably start jonzing; slur your words, get blurred vision and lose your coordination. Alcohol affects your mood and can also make you feel down or aggressive.

People who are smaller and weigh less will feel the effects of alcohol more quickly because they have less tissue to absorb it....no wonder my padi dey always jonze after taking a bottle of Orijin (BIG size).

Food slows down the rate of absorption – that's why alcohol affects you more quickly on an empty stomach....I for one eat well before entering the bar and also eat better afterwards.

However, it's a fact that alcohol affects women more quickly than men. Women who drink heavily on a regular basis are more likely than men to damage their health.

Now, there is something called 'Hangover'. A hangover is one effect of drinking too much alcohol that may be familiar to many of us! It takes place after waking up from a heavy drinking night. Symptoms include a thumping headache, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, nausea and/or vomiting.

A chemical called 'acetaldehyde' is produced when the liver breaks down alcohol which is toxic to the body. Its toxic effects may contribute to a hangover. Alcoholic drinks also contain other active compounds called congeners, which are produced during the fermentation process and can worsen the symptoms of a hangover. Darker coloured drinks such as whiskey, brandy and red wine have more congeners than lighter coloured drinks such as vodka, gin and white wine.

Many people enjoy a drink without any problems, but drinking heavily over longer periods of time can have very serious consequences. Alcohol misuse not only harms the individual, but damages relationships and society in general in terms of violence and crime, accidents and drink driving.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 Like

Re: Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by boolet: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nice one
Re: Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by Beesluv: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pls tell them

Big boyism/girlism is not by the number of bottles on a table
Re: Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by holatin(m): 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alcohol the sweetest poison ever created
Re: Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by tobillionaire(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thank God I don't drink
Re: Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by Emmyginger(m): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
abstinence is d safest method still
Re: Unbellivable!!! What Alcohol Do In Our Body System by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Aw! Alcohol don do waka. I wil never get to it again.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria! Shocking Facts About The T72 Tanks We All Are Shouting About. / D'banj To Appear In Court This Month / So Tonto Dikeh And Halima Abubakar Fought Over A Babalawo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.