Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,185 members, 7,880,695 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:00 AM

What must we do as a people? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What must we do as a people? (729 Views)

Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare / Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What must we do as a people? by Youngandactive: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
The forth coming election is of immense concern. It will mean pretence for anyone not to see the impending violence that may grace the Nigerian masses immediately the result is announced. There is enormous threats emanating from the North and south South Nigerians. This simply means that whether GMB wins or GEJ wins, violence is almost inevitable. What is most disturbing is that the masses will be at the receiving end. No Nigerian elite dies from election pre or post election violence. Except on few cases of assasinations which has been pretty minimal for now as the election approaches.

Historically, we have lost lives in every election in Nigeria. Can't we DECIDE 2015 without loosing lives? The 2011 election irredeemably wasted over 800 lives with NYSC members falling major victims in Bauchi and Kaduna... It appears the polity is so heated up that its either you are in APC or PDP. No group or persons seem to be calling for the importance of peace in next year's election.

The purpose of this thread is not for political insults between GEJ and GMB supporters....remember that if you dont embrace peace and preach peace..there are youths like you who are alive now, vibrant and going about their normal businesses but may not see the end of February due to potential violence that they may not participate in but may be victims of.

Bokoharam is enough trouble already, Let us talk peace, let us talk solution.

We are embarking on peaceful campaign and asking

How can we have a peaceful election? What must we do as a people?

I think it starts with you and i being advocates for peace

Your suggestions please.

Re: What must we do as a people? by holatin(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nigeria
We are done for
Re: What must we do as a people? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
Abeg don't go back to North until June 2015, never trust aboki human life meant nothing to them
Re: What must we do as a people? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
I am an advocate of violence-free election. I believe that it is the responsibility of the PDP and FG to ensure that the INEC and other security Agencies stay neutral and respect the electoral laws. May we have a violence-free poll. May Buhari win 2015.
Re: What must we do as a people? by Youngandactive: 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
barcanista:
I am an advocate of violence-free election. I believe that it is the responsibility of the PDP and FG to ensure that the INEC and other security Agencies stay neutral and respect the electoral laws. May we have a violence-free poll. May Buhari win 2015.

That is noted Barcanista...A lot lies with the FG. We can't keep loosing innocent lives

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections On Nairaland: Forum Poll / UK Envoy Lambasts TB Joshua Over Airasia Crash Prophesy / Papa Adeboye's Top Man, Pastor Kalejaiye, Drops Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.