Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,870 members, 7,876,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons (5332 Views)

What If Court Disqualifies GMB For Not Complying With WASC Cert Requirements / Did Tinubu Deployed LASTMA Officials To Adamawa For GMB Campaign (pics)? / Only A Bastard From Igboland Would Vote Apc Or Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by GreatSoul: 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
@op
I have patiently listened to the arguements of the 'progressives' for a while and I find that they all, including you, are only right to an extent. The basic premise of the arguments maybe right but the conclusions are ultimately wrong.
Do we need a change from the status quo? Yes!
Could GEJ administration have done better? Yes!!
Does APC have the machinery in place to make PDP sit up? Yes!!!
Has APC deployed their machinery in a way that will bring about the kind of change we truly desire? No!
Has APC shortchanged us all by squandering this golden opportunity to bring about a true change? Yes!!
Is GMB the best candidate in this country that APC could have fielded? No!!!!
The fact that A is bad does not automatically mean that B is good.
I will rather maintain the status quo by voting GEJ and praying that he overcomes his baggages on time to finish well in 2019 than vote for an experiment that will definitely set us back by 4yrs at best and 40yrs more likely.

Why do I say so?

1. I give it to GMB that he is not known to be corrupt and has personal integrity but if you have attained a reasonable age in this country, you will admit that many other people of character and integrity in this country have been 'torpedoed' by the structures evil men have put in place in the name of democracy. In otherwords, it is not enough to have 'good' intentions. You must also have a workable strategy to overcome the existing structure.

2. Any talk about any past achievement of GMB other than in the area of WAI and corruption is balderdash. So if we give him WAI & C, the next question is how did he do it? There is absolutely nothing in the actions, inactions, speeches and silences of the general himself that can remotely suggest he knows and fully embraces any other method of achieving his goals aside from force. Till today, i have not gotten over the fact that the only way he could think of to extradite Umaru Dikko back to Nigeria to face criminal charges was to kidnap him, can him in a container like dry fish and then attempt to import him into Nigeria as diplomatic cargo! It was only when the attempt failed that he remebered to go through the front door and make an official request. We need to be wary of a man that thinks like that.

3. GMB being a supreme military commander that was unseated implies that he lacks not only political but also military sagacity. Pls tell me, what then is he hoping to use in navigating the murky waters of governance in Nigeria? More tears and emotional blackmail? We need to keep our eyes open so that someone who was not found suitable even by his own stronghold,does not become the defacto president seeing that GMB has a history of succumbing to his 'juniors' as happened with Idiagbon.

So for me, it is GEJ until APC fields another candidate we can believe in.

okoyemike:

"if voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for another four years”. -GEJ

For sometime now, I had been confused on whom to vote for come February 2015, and I had always advocated that a youth be voted in from another party as we have numerous other parties aside PDP & APC.

However, after careful considerations, I realised that hoping for another party other than APC or PDP to win the presidential election is a wasted hope for many reasons & I would mention four reasons;

1, You all can agree with me that tons of
money is needed also to clinch the seat of the presidency and no other party has that privilege than PDP & APC, while the PDP has access to unlimited funds, the APC is not left behind either as they have the backing of former and present government officials that has corruptly enriched themselves.

2, It takes a political party with nationwide spread to win a presidential election

3, It takes popularity on the side of the aspirants too and no other contender is more popular than GEJ nor GMB

4, Aside voting, it takes a party with the machinery to protect its vote to win a presidential election, both PDP and APC has its fair share of former and present top officials.

Let me briefly state the reasons why PDP should go

1, PDP has been in power since 1999 and there is no outstanding achievement so far, please state the outstanding achievement if you know any

2, Past and successive PDP goverment has protected its corrupt members and have even gone ahead to pardon the ones convicted by the court

3, No successive PDP government has ever probed its precedessor which would have kept corruption at bay

4, Over $20B has been spent by PDP government on the power sector, yet the sector is as stagnant as ever

5, GEJ has been marred with corruption, episodes of missing billions of dollars, head of ministry siphoning billions, unpaiud pensions and misappropriation.

The list of PDP's inefficiency and unpatriotic acts is endless but I have to stop here and briefly state four reasons why GMB deserves a chance

1, Just as GMB utterances when he lost in the last election made the Islamic extremists "Boko Haram" aggressive, you all can agree with me that GMB voice is so familiar with the extremists that they may stop the incessant killings when GMB assumes office and for this reason alone, I would vote for him even though we are held to ransom.

2[b][/b], GMB has proven to be fearless and won't mind probing past government leaders and jailing them if they are guilty thereby putting end to corrupt practices.

3, GMB has proven not be a tribalist as reports has shown that majority of his officials during his military regime were not of Northern extraction.

4, Same set of people has ruled us for over 15years, let give other party a chance

Conclusively, we shall be prepared for a revolution if the Buhari government fails us, if they win anyway.

Sorry for the long write up, discussing Nigeria's political situation can be likened to writing a novel; feel free to add your reasons below:

God bless Nigeria!
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Kagarko(m): 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
okoyemike:

"if voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for another four years”. -GEJ

For sometime now, I had been confused on whom to vote for come February 2015, and I had always advocated that a youth be voted in from another party as we have numerous other parties aside PDP & APC.

However, after careful considerations, I realised that hoping for another party other than APC or PDP to win the presidential election is a wasted hope for many reasons & I would mention four reasons;

1, You all can agree with me that tons of
money is needed also to clinch the seat of the presidency and no other party has that privilege than PDP & APC, while the PDP has access to unlimited funds, the APC is not left behind either as they have the backing of former and present government officials that has corruptly enriched themselves.

2, It takes a political party with nationwide spread to win a presidential election

3, It takes popularity on the side of the aspirants too and no other contender is more popular than GEJ nor GMB

4, Aside voting, it takes a party with the machinery to protect its vote to win a presidential election, both PDP and APC has its fair share of former and present top officials.

Let me briefly state the reasons why PDP should go

1, PDP has been in power since 1999 and there is no outstanding achievement so far, please state the outstanding achievement if you know any

2, Past and successive PDP goverment has protected its corrupt members and have even gone ahead to pardon the ones convicted by the court

3, No successive PDP government has ever probed its precedessor which would have kept corruption at bay

4, Over $20B has been spent by PDP government on the power sector, yet the sector is as stagnant as ever

5, GEJ has been marred with corruption, episodes of missing billions of dollars, head of ministry siphoning billions, unpaiud pensions and misappropriation.

The list of PDP's inefficiency and unpatriotic acts is endless but I have to stop here and briefly state four reasons why GMB deserves a chance

1, Just as GMB utterances when he lost in the last election made the Islamic extremists "Boko Haram" aggressive, you all can agree with me that GMB voice is so familiar with the extremists that they may stop the incessant killings when GMB assumes office and for this reason alone, I would vote for him even though we are held to ransom.

2, GMB has proven to be fearless and won't mind probing past government leaders and jailing them if they are guilty thereby putting end to corrupt practices.

3, GMB has proven not be a tribalist as reports has shown that majority of his officials during his military regime were not of Northern extraction.

4, Same set of people has ruled us for over 15years, let give other party a chance

Conclusively, we shall be prepared for a revolution if the Buhari government fails us, if they win anyway.

Sorry for the long write up, discussing Nigeria's political situation can be likened to writing a novel; feel free to add your reasons below:

God bless Nigeria!

What a nice decision and it is in the best interest of all Nigerians who are yearning for peace and development.

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Haywhymido(m): 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
hisblud:
this mentality is not good... Wat if they change from one to a clueless one? It will be okay by you as long as there is CHANGE.
owk, i see.d mentality of voting 4 d world most renowned clueless man is good bah4 d past 16yrs dat i had done my research on each candidate presented by pdp b4 i vote 4 dem, all except one(yar'adua) prove abortive. Dis is simple logic bros, if a party failed u 4 16yrs if u, urself isn't a born failure den i think it is wise to fail such party in d nxt election.
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by amtalkin(f): 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
ogb5:

Son it is a pity you think this way.

Look again at the highlighted part of your post. If you vote Buhari because his terrorist supporters are killing people what will happen if between 2015 and 2019 the south south folks decide to continually bomb away all the oil installations and force the nation into economic crisis. You will vote a south south man then in 2019 to stop the bombing?

What now happens if between 2019 and 2023 with a south south man in power, due to your vote, the North now resume the killing and the south west decide to add their own flavour by closing down all the banks continously asking for their son to be president? who will you vote for in 2023?

Say no to terrorism, Say no to Blackmail, Say No to Buhari

A terrorist can never get my vote
On point
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by midolian(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
BuHARi, AN OLD BROOM THAT WILL ALWAYS SWEEP CLEAN.
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
coolscott:

You know, i wanted an opposition myself. But on seeing the kind of opposition APC was, I decided our country had a better chance of improving with the PDP.
As far as the NNPC missing funds are concerned, GEJ said we should scrap the NNPC. It is Nigerians that kicked against it. As far as I am concerned, that still remains a laudable thing to do.
where and when did he say the nnpc should be scrapped?Brother u just lied sir!hw can an evil man scrap his major campaign financier? I repeat u are a big lie!
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
coolscott:

I too would have supported someone else if not that we see these crises in the country as a product of the anger of some people that GEJ is a president. I cannot reward that with my vote.
Gen Buhari last year made the statement that "An attack on Boko haram is an attack on the North". These kinds of statements made when we declared war on Boko Haram is clearly that of a Boko sympathizer.
I am afraid Buhari is a grand mistake we will be making to vote in, the kind that makes you feel ashamed because you feel you have been made a fool of. Indications are that all the lofty things we think of him are not really true.
Besides, the picture attached reveals another really terribly irresponsible statement by someone who intends to be a president of Nigeria.
I just don't trust that man.
If APC was serious they should have picked Fahola. Even the former governor of Kano state might have influenced me away from GEJ.
With Buhari and Super-thug Tinubu shouting "Change!!!" it does not look like the kind of change I will desire for my country.

and he stated to educate non muslims that they have nothing to fear,i.e Christians will not be subjected to sharia.Why are u afraid of sharia,are u a thief?leave the muslims to implement what is permissible within their religion,stop spreading falsehood,president ebelemi should tell Nigerians what he has achieved!#come January your electricity tariff will increase thanks to the evil ebelemi

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by KHAYGOLD(m): 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
ogb5:

Look again at the highlighted part of your post. If you vote Buhari because his terrorist supporters are killing people what will happen if between 2015 and 2019 the south south folks decide to continually bomb away all the oil installations and force the nation into economic crisis. You will vote a south south man then in 2019 to stop the bombing?

What now happens if between 2019 and 2023 with a south south man in power, due to your vote, the North now resume the killing and the south west decide to add their own flavour by closing down all the banks continously asking for their son to be president? who will you vote for in 2023?

I'll like to ask you a question. What makes Buari a terrorist?

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by coolscott(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
chigo93:
and he stated to educate non muslims that they have nothing to fear,i.e Christians will not be subjected to sharia.Why are u afraid of sharia,are u a thief?leave the muslims to implement what is permissible within their religion,stop spreading falsehood,president ebelemi should tell Nigerians what he has achieved!#come January your electricity tariff will increase thanks to the evil ebelemi
Even in the most prosperous Muslim countries they do not cut peoples' hands when they are caught stealing.
Dubai doesn't do that.
Malaysia doesn't do that.
If there is any muslim country in shambles it is because the extremists are fighting to implement that strict islamic code.
Go do your research

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by MudRaker: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
Registered dec 19

Shill.
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by gbounty: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
This is not really the Nigeria of my dream and I am a believer of changes which is one inevitable thing in life, I always believe Nigeria is one great Nation with some leadership challenge so I think this is an opportunity for us to embrace an incorruptible leader and stop selling our votes to people who would not hesitate to sell our country. I think I prefer GMB because this is the only country I have and can't watch it shot down by some dirty politicians and their lunatic products

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
coolscott:

Even in the most prosperous Muslim countries they do not cut peoples' hands when they are caught stealing.
Dubai doesn't do that.
Malaysia doesn't do that.
If there is any muslim country in shambles it is because the extremists are fighting to implement that strict islamic code.
Go do your research
Mr coolscott pls insert cocaine in ur luggage,then leave for Malaysia from murtala airport,lagos.when u get 2 Malaysia show a police officer in d airport d cocaine u have in ur luggage.my broda I tell u after dem behead u,when u get 2 hellfire ,lucifer will ask 4 ur i.d card cos head no go follow u enta hellfire,he will ask 4 i.d so he would know hw ur face looks lyk.yeye dey smell#say no2 badtin
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by san316(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
People keep saying that GMB wants to return power to the northern elites but the truth is that we don't see him frolicking with any of the northern elites the way gej is doing. in fact it is even the northern elites that do not want him to emerge.

for example none of the northern interest groups have openly endorsed buhari but the entire ss and ijaw nation have come out to threaten fire and brimstone should gej lose..

who are the bigots now.

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by jdleo32(m): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
SAI BUHARI

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by jdleo32(m): 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
SIA Buhari

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by coolscott(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
chigo93:
Mr coolscott pls insert cocaine in ur luggage,then leave for Malaysia from murtala airport,lagos.when u get 2 Malaysia show a police officer in d airport d cocaine u have in ur luggage.my broda I tell u after dem behead u,when u get 2 hellfire ,lucifer will ask 4 ur i.d card cos head no go follow u enta hellfire,he will ask 4 i.d so he would know hw ur face looks lyk.yeye dey smell#say no2 badtin

The death penalty is metted out in countries around the world for various reasons. How does the death penalty translate into meaning that the country implements sharia law?

China will more readily sentence a person to death for certain criminal offences than the US would. How come these two countries are not sharia countries?
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
coolscott:

The death penalty is metted out in countries around the world for various reasons. How does the death penalty translate into meaning that the country implements sharia law?

China will more readily sentence a person to death for certain criminal offences than the US would. How come these two countries are not sharia countries?
go study d sharia law properly!said my own
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by aurenflani: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
ogb5:

If Buhari is a terrorist simply because he is a Muslim and a Northerner and boko haram is in the north, what do you say about Jonathan who is a Christian and a South Southerner whos people preceded boko haram by terrorizing the oil workers and bombing Lagos and Abuja and continued with their threat to destabilze Nigeria if the citizens refused to vote him in 2015? Especially as he even defended them on their bombing of Abuja.
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by iliyande(m): 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mmmmm, this guy's decision to vote buhari pains alot of people mmmm grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by jaysniggs: 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
melvinjames:
Fashola said he only needed one term but he stayed for 8yrs. Its all politics and they're all say the same, even Buhari said he won't contest again in 2015, he is still there now.

Zoom
Zoom
Zoom
Even if he didn't want to, Lagosian would have persuaded him to continue which he did.
Now tell me can 80% of Nigerians persuade Jonathan to continue?

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by jaysniggs: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
okoyemike:

I have not seen anyone campaigning for 2023 yet. Do you know of any?

You killed him mike cheesy
I love it when people talk about the truth without any insults.
Unfortunately, some folks here will annoy you, you begin to wonder how their brains process informations.

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by coolscott(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
chigo93:
go study d sharia law properly!said my own
[size=13pt]
I see that you do not know that in the most successful Muslim countries of the world, although naturaly their ways and laws are influenced by Islam, there is a zero tolerance for sharia law.

Now you go to dubai and keep proclaiming in the broad daylight in a busy Deira area how sharia must be implemented and see what happens to you.

Now the countries on this planet where there are people trying to implement sharia law are

1. Somalia

2. Iraq

3. Yemen

4. Syria.

5. Afghanistan.

And all these countries are either in a big mess or are struggling with the trouble.

So is it not the height of the flight of intelligence for someone who like Buhari to wish that for his country and openly proclaim that that is what he wants?

If he wants Islam to be spread across the country, it is tolerable. It is his religion and down to the southern most part of Nigeria, there are practicing muslims (as there are practicing christians in the northern most parts of the country).

But the general apparently has been caught in the folly that has spread now amongst the less honourable muslims around the world today and specifically seeks for sharia, not just islam, to be spread across Nigeria.

Just thinking about the large numbers of people that arguably the most powerful muslim country, Turkey, had to kill in order to stamp out sharia and make their muslim country governed by secular law rather than medieval sharia law annoys me that someone of Buhari's calibre is so uninformed to the extent that he says he wishes sharia for Nigeria.

[/size]
Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
chigo93:
Like, seriously, do you lot have mental issues? You want to break laws in countries by smuggling in cocaine so you can go show off in your village during Christmas, then get mad when your host countries implement their laws? You think everywhere else is like that jungle you were birthed and raised in that is so disorganized it's inhabitants have no respect for the law?

Is Korea a Muslim Country? What of Thailand? China? Singapore? Vietnam? Cambodia? Your tribal brothers have smuggled drugs to those countries and have been apprehended by the numbers; when you get to heaven(or hell) ask them how that worked out for them.

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by coolscott(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
chigo93:

ISpiksDaTroof:
Like, seriously, do you lot have mental issues? You want to break laws in countries by smuggling in cocaine so you can go show off in your village during Christmas, then get mad when your host countries implement their laws? You think everywhere else is like that jungle you were birthed and raised in that is so disorganized it's inhabitants have no expect for the law?

Is Korea a Muslim Country? What of Thailand? China? Singapore? Vietnam? Cambodia? Your tribal brothers have smuggled drugs to those countries and have been apprehended by the numbers; when you get to heaven(or hell) ask them how that worked out for them.

Exactly my point. These countries are not sharia countries(and dont have to be) but they will deal ruthlessly with you when you commit such offences.

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by Yeske2(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
Bros welcome onboard, was once like you undecided but sai Buhari now. Don't allow those who had sold their souls to saTAN to try brainwash you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Confused But Today I Decided I Would Vote For Gmb For These Reasons by VoteLabourParty: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
"Anyone who wants Nigeria to continue as an exclusive peaceful preserve of Nigerians won't vote for Buhari".

These politicians especially those who put aside their military uniforms to wear the flowing gown, seem to be so deceitful and tricky that they usually forget their actions and insincerity when they deal with people.

I am just wondering why General Buhari and the APC co travelers would deem it right to be appealing to Ndigbo to support them with votes after their series of atrocities at us , treating us like nobody who do not mean a thing in Nigeria. Today they are telling us sweet words to curry our votes and treat us shabbily again.

When Buhari overthrew the legitimate government of Shehu Shagari, he constituted a Supreme Military Council (SMC) that did not have a military officer of Igbo extraction. The outrage that greeted that impunity was so deafening that for once, people thought that Buhari was not aware that the civil war had ended. Can Buhari explain that glaring insensitivity to a race that had made tremendous sacrifices to the country if not the fact that to him, the Igbo race should be consigned to a beggarly status in Nigeria?

Still on the immediate post-coup dispensation, Buhari placed President Shehu Shagari, the man at whose desk the bulk ended, under house arrest while the Vice- President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, an Igbo man, was consigned to Buhari’s gulag at the Kirikiri Maximum Security Prison. But in a curious twist of fate, Buhari’s probe panel not only found Ekwueme clean, it returned the uncommon verdict that the former vice- president left office a poorer man than when he started out. In some countries, Buhari’s military junta would have promptly arranged to return power to the civilians with Ekwueme as president. He did not but treated Ekwueme with so underserved disdain and wickedness?

With the exception of the post-civil war policy of General Yakubu Gowon that reduced every post war bank deposit of an Igbo person to 20 pounds, no other policy has done greater havoc to the Igbo business elite as Buhari’s import licence policy and price control. It was a simple policy: to import goods into the country, businessmen and women must obtain an import licence from the ministry of commerce. As it turned out, award of import licence was skewed heavily in favour of people in agbada, many of whom had neither any knowledge of importation or even a fixed address. Left without any option but determined to keep their businesses going, groaning in pain Igbo traders paid heavily to purchase import licenses from middlemen of northern extraction. It is on record that by that singular act, Buhari swept many enterprising Igbo traders out of business. Pray, if Buhari does not think that the Igbo are daft would he glibly canvass for their votes not minding the extermination of the Igbo business class by his highly sectional and ill-conceived policies?

If the 80s were terrible for the Igbo under Buhari, the 90s were no better either. It was as if the former leader of the military junta was hell bent on making the word ‘marginalisation’ a permanent lexicon in south east affairs. As head of the PTF, for large parts, the south east was denied the dizzying network of good roads and other infrastructure provided by the multi-billion naira agency in the north. Up till today, Buhari is yet to provide a satisfactory answer to the lopsided provision of infrastructure against the south east or the almost complete exclusion of consultants from the zone from the list of those who handled plum jobs in the agency. By asking for their vote, is Buhari not inviting the Igbo to legitimise their oppression and further marginalisation?

As the leopard cannot change its spots, so it is that Buhari cannot change his disdain for the Igbo. By his utterances and unspoken words, by his actions while in government and public office Buhari has acquitted himself as an ethnic champion and a religious bigot. Evidence of the later can be deduced from his loud silence each time fundamentalists unleashed mayhem on Igbo Christians. By being an advocate of Sharia nationwide, Buhari’s religious fundamentalism violates the constitutional freedom of religion and exposes the itinerant Igbo to the risk of discrimination and religious persecution (including decapitation of limbs) under a Buhari presidency. It has been suggested in some quarters that Buhari could have changed his views over time and would be reined in by the National Assembly. That is debatable. From our experience in this country, we now know that despotic reign can well thrive even in a democracy.

Let us face the fact. At 72, Buhari cannot change. Watch him closely: nothing in his utterances or body language suggests that we are not dealing with the same old discriminatory despot, who struck terror into all of us by his draconian decrees; who sent many to their untimely graves through massive retrenchment of workers, who micro-managed our lives by rationing of “essential commodities” and stifled Igbo business men and women by denying them access to the almighty import licence. It is to these people that Buhari owes an explanation in the countdown to February 14, 2015.

Maj Gen Muhammadu Buhari must have realised how terrible he was when in frustration dropped the bombshell, on the reason he has been losing election in Igboland and parts of Nigeria where Igbos are residing, stating that it is because he was involved in the Nigerian civil war.

The former dictator speaking on BBC Hausa services said, "the igbos hate him for what happened during the Biafran war". "I don't have any regret, and at such do not owe any apology to them, infact if there is a repeat of the civil war again, I will kill more Igbos to save the country".

The APC presidential candidate, added that this was the reason they never bothered to vote for him anywhere in Nigeria.

There's nothing wrong in sinning but a lot is wrong when you sin and walk around in pride defending your terrible sins.

Nothing in Buhari’s track record points to the recognition, on his part, of any remorse for what he did to the Igbos. Rather, his utterances, policies and body language suggest either utter disdain for the Igbo race or at wholesome dismissal of the group.

Perish the argument that, on two occasions, he picked Igbo candidates as his running mates. The Igbo race was not, and still cannot be fooled by that. Not even if his great grandmother indeed came from the cradle of Igbo land.

The Igbo raison d’etre can be encapsulated within three broad considerations: First, the Igbo want a country in which relationships are underpinned by freedom, fairness, equity and justice. Second, being highly enterprising in the areas of commerce and industry, the Igbo desire a public policy environment that encourages competition and guarantees a level playing field for all. Finally, as very highly mobile people, they crave for a socio-political order that will guarantee freedom of movement, freedom of association and citizenship rights wherever they find themselves.

Have you forgotten what happened in Lagos State where my kinsman from Igboland were deported like goats against the law of Nigeria?

The people were not even given the luxury of the provision of the 1999 Constitution that if you are accused of wrongdoing, you must be given a fair trial. They were not given a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones, they were not given a chance to carry their bags; they were not given a chance to explain themselves. They were summarily arrested and deported in the same country, everybody carries Nigerian passport and up till now, there is no law that says any Nigerian cannot live and work in any part of Nigeria.

We Igbos are known for being adventurous and entrepreneurial; anywhere we settle down is our second home. We invest anywhere; we build houses anywhere.

Perhaps, deporting Igbos from Lagos shows that if APC takes over government, Igbo people may face more stress. Up till now, the Lagos State Government is yet to explain what happened and it has gone ahead to add insult to injury by getting an Igbo man, who works for them — the spokesman of erstwhile ACN in Lagos, Joe Igbokwe — to justify something that is unjustifiable.

But Igbokwe said the persons that were relocated to Onitsha were the destitute, some of whom were mentally unstable, constituting nuisance and security threats; and that the action was aimed at helping them reunite with their families in the South-East.

If you arrest somebody and say the person is mentally unstable, how then are you able to determine which state the person comes from? How were they sure that the person who said he was from Onitsha was not from Kogi? It is only a psychiatrist that can ascertain the mental state of anybody. Even the Lagos traffic law says if you were caught driving against traffic, you would be checked by a psychiatrist to find out whether you are mentally fit or not. But in this case, they were the psychiatrists; they were the executioners; they bundle the people into a truck and drove them to Onitsha. Let them bring the certificates of their psychological evaluation. You can’t arrest somebody because the person does not have a shelter or access to water and conclude that the person is destitute because of his appearance. Maybe, if the person does not carry an ATM card, they will conclude that the person does not have a means of livelihood.

This act is just one of the few policies of APC against ordinary men as Okada riders who were Fashola's campaign tools became a menace immediately he won the election. They can forget all these so quickly but we, the victims won't forget as we use our thumbs for peaceful continuity against the deceitful change being championed by the desperate Tinubu and those who refused to change from worse to good, despite their well orchestrated propaganda, concocted lies and deceit through various media against President Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Gets New Appointment Amid NYSC Certificate Scandal / Pres. Buhari, Atiku Not Qualified To Rule Nigeria,Olawepo Hashim (video) / Buhari, Atiku, Others Must Unite After Elections – Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.