Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,868 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

Brand Endorsements: How Does It Affect Your Patronage Of A Product? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brand Endorsements: How Does It Affect Your Patronage Of A Product? (343 Views)

Which Nigerian Artiste Has The Highest Endorsements.. / Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. / Do U Need High Patronage Of Customers Or Want Ur Business To Be Known: Ikeja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brand Endorsements: How Does It Affect Your Patronage Of A Product? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
I often wonder why companies engage celebrities to do brand endorsement for them. Gone are the days celebrities languish in penury; these days we read stories of mouth watering deals that companies broker with these celebrities particularly artists. My confusion is: how do companies recover the money they spend on artists in the name of brand endorsement deals?
Most importantly, does seeing a picture of Psquare on Glo Billboard make you rush to the nearest business centre to get a glo line? I can understand the magic this brand endorsement thing does abroad where celebrities are like demigods (oyibo and their madness) but down here, for me if Phyno likes he can gulp down the whole tank of Guinness in Guinness factory it won't make me taste Guinness. Same goes for other products being advertised by other celebrities.

My question now is: who rushes off to buy indomie cos Davido is seen on telly advertising and eating Indomie or who goes to Forte oil filling station to refill his tank cos Tiwa Savage is advertising their brand
Re: Brand Endorsements: How Does It Affect Your Patronage Of A Product? by voizofone: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
My story for your answer.
when the GSM was newly introduced, Globacom in particular used to feature " woh woh" celebrities, that made me see the network as for people without class and since then I refuse to use glo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Nigerians Doubt / Poor Airtel Gives 10MB Freely Valid For 3 Days / Nairalanders,let's Play This Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.