Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:02 PM

Pushing The Clutch Down For Every Brake - Is It Right? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pushing The Clutch Down For Every Brake - Is It Right? (425 Views)

Major Components Of The Clutch System / 2014 FORD EDGE. Free Shocks, Brake Pads And Service For 4yrs!! / Need A Workshop That Can Update Audi A4 Cvt Tcu To 7 Clutch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pushing The Clutch Down For Every Brake - Is It Right? by Wisegeek01(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Been Driving on manual for a while now,
I've started to doubt my driving
technique. This is currently how
I slow down:

1. Push clutch down
2. Apply brake
3. Come to a stop, or pop back
into gear
I don't touch my brake pedal
unless my clutch pedal is on
the floor. I've been doing some
reading now and it seems like
the proper method to slow
down is to apply the brake first
until you reach a low speed,
then pushing down the clutch
before coming to a complete
stop to avoid stalling.

Is my technique so bad enough
for me to change?

Or what's the proper way to use the clutch both for Engaging and disengaing gears or Stopping,
To avoid wear and tear"

1 Like

Re: Pushing The Clutch Down For Every Brake - Is It Right? by Tundeiab(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2014
I have been driving manual for some time too. I use same method as you. If you press the break first, the engine will go off.

1 Like

Re: Pushing The Clutch Down For Every Brake - Is It Right? by waleadex(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2014
You can just make moderation between your usual practice and what you've just read. Meanwhile,I love your usual practice of pressing the clutch first because it's much likely to change the gear.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2009 Toyota Corolla Tokunbo 2.5m / 2014 RRS TOKS Selling Cheap. / Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 06 Model Is For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.