Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,974 members, 7,942,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. (18380 Views)

Please What Are The Signs For Replacement Of Time Belt In Vehicle Generally / Air Condition Issues In Toyota Camry 2008 GLX / Urgent Information Needed Abt Gear Box Problem In Toyota Highlander 2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lovemie: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2022
Dozieson:

Good 1. I like feedbacks. So we still have good gear mechanic in this country? What did he fix? And the cost too?

He brought down the whole gearbox, replaced some rubbers that are already very hard, replaced the burnt gears and serviced the valve body. After coupling back, he gave it to a rewire to do some 'electrical work' as they call it. The cost is one-third of the amount I was told they sell tokunbo gearbox
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
lovemie:

He brought down the whole gearbox, replaced some rubbers that are already very hard, replaced the burnt gears and serviced the valve body. After coupling back, he gave it to a rewire to do some 'electrical work' as they call it. The cost is one-third of the amount I was told they sell tokunbo gearbox

Its been a month after repair. So how is it going?
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lovemie: 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Dozieson:

Its been a month after repair. So how is it going?

The car is working fine.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
lovemie:

The car is working fine.

Nice 1
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Baldmarv(m): 9:23am On Jul 10
My 2006 Toyota Camry i4 has a shudder with the following characteristics:
1. Vibrations start at around 50m/hr or 80km/hr.
2. Happens only on light throttle.
3. It goes away if I let off the throttle or press Down and it shifts to a lower gear.
4. Only happens after 5th gear when the rpm drops below 2000.

My suspicion is a faulty torque converter for the following reasons:
1. If I turn off Over Drive, limiting the transmission to 4 gears it never vibrates.
2. I’ve dropped the pan, cleaned and actually flushed the transmission fluid with T-IV. And it made no difference; so I know it’s not a fluid issue.
3. My tires are new and balanced
4. Car runs smoothly at same speed it usually vibrates when I turn off OD.
5. My engine mounts and shafts are tight with no clucks when I engage drive or reverse.

Please gurus am I on the right track? Your contributions will be greatly appreciated! If I am on the right track, how do I know a good replacement TC?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... / Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? / How To Get A Driver's License?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.