Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,397 members, 7,940,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us (7705 Views)

Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard / The Quranic Verse That Muslims Used To Hide / A Verse That Kills Enemies In Psalm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
thorpido:
Do a bit of research.There are still copies of the Bible that were published before Muhammed was born.I'm sure you will find a copy in the Library of Congress.The British museum should also have a copy.The fundamental message of Jesus is the same.
It was Muhammed's doctrines that denied the gospel in the Bible.He should simply have provided an original copy.
At least ask Allah for a copy.
Pls note that Islam did not deny the existence of the Bible.... It's very well exalted in the Quran.... The only thing is just that you Christians choose not to accept that Quran is the seal of the books, the same way the Jews chose not to acknowledge the Bible.....concerning the originality you and I both know that's a farce ......so does it make sense to produce a book in different versions when it's original is somewhere and they can just do a copy for everyone instead of everyone having different versions
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
dastranger:

2. Prophet Muhammad (s) is the last Prophet of God

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"

John 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."
The quran doesn't recognise God as the Father.So why are you quoting this scripture?

Now read carefully the scripture you quoted.
Jesus said the Comforter will abide forever.Did Muhammed abide forever?No he is dead with a grave.
Jesus said the Comforter is a Spirit.Was Muhammed a spirit?
Jesus said,He shall glorify me.Did Muhammed's doctrine expressly glorify Jesus?

The scripture you quoted did not speak of Muhammed.I know you muslims always quote it without reading the words.You need something to give Muhammed that credibility.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
dastranger:

Pls note that Islam did not deny the existence of the Bible.... It's very well exalted in the Quran.... The only thing is just that you Christians choose not to accept that Quran is the seal of the books, the same way the Jews chose not to acknowledge the Bible.....concerning the originality you and I both know that's a farce ......so does it make sense to produce a book in different versions when it's original is somewhere and they can just do a copy for everyone instead of everyone having different versions
we have been on the same issue since.The one who denies has the responsibility to provide the original.It's that simple.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by sorextee(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
U guys shld keep arguing o. I'm here, reading, scrolling and judging..
I have a dream, that one day, the Christians and Muslims will embrace one another, in peace and harmony. The Christian can marry the Muslims, and vice versa, without any hassles. I grew up in the north. I have lots of muslim friends. And we all lived together, with one love. I could remember the 2001 riot in kano, when they invaded our area. We were sheltered by my muslim neighbors. These are very nice people. They read their Koran, perform all muslim duties. To me, they are (and others who do such) are pious Muslims. But these Boko haram, isis, hezbollah, al-qaeeda, etc. I don't know which Koran they read o. Maybe the advanced one. Religion to me, has caused more chaos than peace.. I'm still yet to see which terrorist has died, gone to heaven, chilling with 72 virgins..
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
afolag:

we love and respect jesus (peace and blessings of Almighty be upon him) he was glorified in the quran, just as he said, infact Quran been the conglomeration of all books gave full account of the story before and after the birth and days of jesus on earth. So my friend we dont need to argue because Allah made us understand tru mohammed (pbuh) that on the day of judgement all those who call jesus d son of God will go to him and he will tell them that when and where did he say so. Thats why I enjoined you to find the original bible untouched study it for ur sake so you could prepare ur answers for the day of reckoning. May God bless us both with the full understanding of his words.
The quran is Muhammed's story.The bible is made up of different books of prophets all bearing witness of Jesus and His message.Strangely,only the quran bears witness of Muhammed.

It was the quran that denied the gospel in the bible and it is Islam that should provide the original.
You may not understand as muslims but Jesus is a Spirit(even as the quran testifies) and He is alive today.The relationship a true Christian has with Jesus is beyond religion and even the written words of the bible.Jesus is made alive to me.It's beyond religion.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
sorextee:
I have a dream, that one day, the Christians and Muslims will embrace one another, in peace and harmony. The Christian can marry the Muslims, and vice versa, without any hassles. I grew up in the north. I have lots of muslim friends. And we all lived together, with one love. I could remember the 2001 riot in kano, when they invaded our area. We were sheltered by my muslim neighbors. These are very nice people. They read their Koran, perform all muslim duties. To me, they are (and others who do such) are pious Muslims. But these Boko haram, isis, hezbollah, al-qaeeda, etc. I don't know which Koran they read o. Maybe the advanced one. Religion to me, has caused more chaos than peace.. I'm still yet to see which terrorist has died, gone to heaven, chilling with 72 virgins..
We all should live in peace and harmony irrespective of religion.

We are only putting forth points based on scriptures.We are not fighting.We are dealing maturedly with this.

Of course people who cause destruction do it of evil intentions.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by sorextee(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
You are right. Was just trying to say that there are still very nice Muslims out there.
thorpido:
We all should live in peace and harmony irrespective of religion.

We are only putting forth points based on scriptures.We are not fighting.We are dealing maturedly with this.

Of course people who cause destruction do it of evil intentions.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
thorpido:
The quran doesn't recognise God as the Father.So why are you quoting this scripture?

Now read carefully the scripture you quoted.
Jesus said the Comforter will abide forever.Did Muhammed abide forever?No he is dead with a grave.
Jesus said the Comforter is a Spirit.Was Muhammed a spirit?
Jesus said,He shall glorify me.Did Muhammed's doctrine expressly glorify Jesus?

The scripture you quoted did not speak of Muhammed.I know you muslims always quote it without reading the words.You need something to give Muhammed that credibility.
My brother naa simple English naa.... "that he may abide there in forever" not will

And note that Jesus and the Bible is exalted and glorified in the Quran
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
sorextee:

My brother if you look at our posts you'll see we've bn dealing with each other maturely... It's not a fight bro
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by sorextee(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
I didn't say u guys re fighting o. undecided as I earlier said, I'm only scrolling, reading nd learning..
dastranger:

My brother if you look at our posts you'll see we've bn dealing with each other maturely... It's not a fight bro
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Ifeann(f): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
dastranger:

You claimed you do not mean offence ....but your ways show it "I mean no offence but lmao. Lol."------This not a joke or something for mockery but a mind rubbing. like i said from the beginning if i sense any mockery in responses i will refrain from answering the fellow....If you look at all my posts i ave not mocked or laff off anything..you will only learn if you choose to av open mind rather than just bn a critic...i am currently tired now and feeling sleepy but note that i will be back for yours ans here too

My apologies
Go on. But I must warn you that I am an open minded critic.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Ifeann(f): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
sorextee:
You are right. Was just trying to say that there are still very nice Muslims out there.

The good thing is that a lot of Muslims don't follow all the teachings of Mohammed. They usually focus on the good teachings of Mohammed. The extremists focus on everything especially the commands to fight.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
dastranger:

My brother naa simple English naa.... "that he may abide there in forever" not will

And note that Jesus and the Bible is exalted and glorified in the Quran
Guy,na the simple english you are misunderstanding.
When you say,you may use the car,I hope you know what it means.
It means use the car.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
thorpido:
Guy,na the simple english you are misunderstanding.
When you say,you may use the car,I hope you know what it means.
It means use the car.

may means it can or it cannot.... it doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen
This is dictionary definition bro
—used to indicate possibility or probability <you may be right><things you may need> ;sometimes used interchangeablywith can <one of those slipups thatmay happen from time to time —
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
dastranger:

may means it can or it cannot.... it doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen
This is dictionary definition bro
—used to indicate possibility or probability <you may be right><things you may need> ;sometimes used interchangeablywith can <one of those slipups thatmay happen from time to time —
Okay if we say may can also be used interchangeably with can,then let's write that scripture as;

....Another Comforter that he 'can' abide with you forever...'Now 'can' Muhammed abide forever?- if we say this was written before he was born.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 4:32am On Dec 27, 2014
thorpido:
Okay if we say may can also be used interchangeably with can,then let's write that scripture as;

....Another Comforter that he 'can' abide with you forever...'Now 'can' Muhammed abide forever?- if we say this was written before he was born.

bro I see you just want to prove yourself right.., its good to admit when someone is wrong at times.... everything you put still doesn't justify anything sir..
"can and may" re used interchangeably Bro... this is dictionary definition again

—"used to indicate possibility" <do you think he can still be alive><those things can happen> ;sometimes used interchangeably with may 
you see it still doesn't mean it'll happen necessarily
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 4:46am On Dec 27, 2014
dastranger:

bro I see you just want to prove yourself right.., its good to admit when someone is wrong at times.... everything you put still doesn't justify anything sir..
"can and may" re used interchangeably Bro... this is dictionary definition again

—"used to indicate possibility" <do you think he can still be alive><those things can happen> ;sometimes used interchangeably with may 
you see it still doesn't mean it'll happen necessarily
It's not about proving myself right.That scripture is simple enough..It's muslims who want it to fit into what they accept.I was not the one that wrote the bible.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 4:51am On Dec 27, 2014
Ifeann:

The good thing is that a lot of Muslims don't follow all the teachings of Mohammed. They usually focus on the good teachings of Mohammed. The extremists focus on everything especially the commands to fight.

This Is why I don't like comparative sessions with females..... If you'd read all my posts from the beginning of this thread.... You'd av learnt its not the teachings of Muhammad and Allah....and that those pple fighting senseless fights is from their own selfish interests. And isn't it known to you that Muslim clerics have debunked their senseless claims? .. Scroll back and learn the reasons of the fight Muhammad and Muslims did then... And tell me it wasn't justifed

You see all those pple committing suicide bombing etc... All these re rresults of illiteracy, stupidity and ignorance ...Even Muhammad warned pple of suicide ...
“Whoever kills himself with something will be
punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5700) and Muslim (110)

And murder

"O ye who believe! the law of equality is prescribed to you in cases of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the woman for the woman. But if any
remission is made by the brother of the slain, then grant any reasonable demand, and compensate him with handsome gratitude, this is a concession and a Mercy from your Lord.After this, whoever exceeds the limits shall be in grave penalty. (The Noble Quran, 2:178)

Q5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”
"

Even Muhammad SAW said too

“A man will continue to be sound in his religion so long as he does not shed blood which it is forbidden to shed.”
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Ifeann(f): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2014
dastranger:

This Is why I don't like comparative sessions with females..... If you'd read all my posts from the beginning of this thread.... You'd av learnt its not the teachings of Muhammad and Allah....and that those pple fighting senseless fights is from their own selfish interests. And isn't it known to you that Muslim clerics have debunked their senseless claims? .. Scroll back and learn the reasons of the fight Muhammad and Muslims did then... And tell me it wasn't justifed

You see all those pple committing suicide bombing etc... All these re rresults of illiteracy, stupidity and ignorance ...Even Muhammad warned pple of suicide ...
“Whoever kills himself with something will be
punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5700) and Muslim (110)

And murder

"O ye who believe! the law of equality is prescribed to you in cases of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the woman for the woman. But if any
remission is made by the brother of the slain, then grant any reasonable demand, and compensate him with handsome gratitude, this is a concession and a Mercy from your Lord.After this, whoever exceeds the limits shall be in grave penalty. (The Noble Quran, 2:178)

Q5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”
"

Even Muhammad SAW said too

“A man will continue to be sound in his religion so long as he does not shed blood which it is forbidden to shed.”

You said "..and that those pple fighting senseless fights is from their own selfish interests.", that's a lie. I won't even bother quoting verses for this one, even sincere Muslims reading this know that the alqiadas, ISIS, Talibans believe they are fighting for allah and they justify it from the Koran.

You are also correct abt unnecessary suicides. However, death in the cause of allah is encouraged. Here are verses;

Qur'an (4:74)-"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
Qur'an (9:111)-"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."
Qur'an (2:207)-"And there is the type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of Allah..."
Qur'an (61:10-12)"O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty? That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew! He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement." This verse was given at the battle Uhud and uses the Arabic word, Jihad.
The dark-eyed virgins are mentioned in several places as well, including verses44:54and52:20. For those who swing the other way, there are"perpetual youth"verse6:17, otherwise known as"boys"verses52:24and76:19.
Qur'an (17:33)"And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right"
Ân important verse that is used by to not only justify their own deaths, but that of other bystanders who might be believers as well. The end justifies the means, with the goal being the defeat of the kafir and the establishment of Islamic rule.

Bukhari (52:54)- The words of Muhammad:"I would love to be martyred in Al1ah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred."

You quoted this verse,From Qu'ran 5:32, “...If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

Now let's look at a popular early Muslim interpretation;

According to the highly respected Qur'anic exegesis of Ibn Kathir- early Qur'anic commentator and Tabi'un, Sayid ibn Jubayr (who lived at the time of ProphetMuhammad, and was a companion ofAisha), had said:
[فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً]
.....Sa`id bin Jubayr said, "He who allows himself to shed the blood of a Muslim, is like he who allows shedding the blood of all people. He who forbids shedding the blood of one Muslim, is like he who forbids shedding the blood of all people."

**So early understanding of the verse claims it applies only to shedding the blood of a believer(Muslim). This can be disputed so let's go back to the Qu'ran.

The Fuller context says;

Qu'ran 5:32-34, "On that account: Therefore we prescribed for the Children of Israel that who so slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and who so gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth.
This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be SLAUGHTERED, or CRUCIFIED, or their hands and feet shall alternately be STRUCK OFF; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement,
except for such as repent, before you have power over them. So know you that God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."

*** Notice how you can slay a person if the person spreads corruption in the land or as some translations call it, "mischief". This "corruption in the land" or "mischief" can mean anything such as Preaching the Gospel of Christ, making Muslims uncomfortable by questioning the Qu'ran or Muhammed, drawing Mohammed, supporting western education etc This has therefore been an excused used by Jihadists like BokoHaram, ISIS, Hamas, hezbollah, Al shabba, Alqueda etc to murder, kill and destroy.

This is why modern-day Jihadists often say that they love death.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ifeann:

Yo.

Like I said I don't like comparative sessions with females..I don't blame you if you cannot comprehend the reasons behind the verses you found Allah instructing muslims to fight.. Even some Muslims don't know the reasons.. go back and read the reasons for those verses about fight in this thread....I told you I ve already explained some part of the verses..it's on the first or second page I think.. If you want me to explain other verses that talks about fight.. Let me know ... And pls if you're not going to read it, don't quote me again... I don't like blind argument, and you can choose to belief whatever appease you... It's not my problem
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Ifeann(f): 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
dastranger:

Like I said I don't like comparative sessions with females..I don't blame you if you cannot comprehend the reasons behind the verses you found Allah instructing muslims to fight.. Even some Muslims don't know the reasons.. go back and read the reasons for those verses about fight in this thread....I told you I ve already explained some part of the verses..it's on the first or second page I think.. If you want me to explain other verses that talks about fight.. Let me know ... And pls if you're not going to read it, don't quote me again... I don't like blind argument, and you can choose to belief whatever appease you... It's not my problem

Why do u say this,"Like I said I don't like comparative sessions with females..I don't blame you if you cannot comprehend the reasons behind the verses..."
I have given u verses from your quran, damning violent verses that encourage enmity, fighting and death while fighting for allah.
You say its historic circumstances. I remind you that your quran claims its words are clear and eternal, commands for all time. Yet u claim since I am a woman you don't like engaging me in comparative sessions. Is it because Mohammed and allah had little regard for women ;

Qur'an (4:11)- (Inheritance)"The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"(see also verse4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Qur'an (2:282)- (Court testimony)"And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they would make more reliable witnesses.

Qur'an (2:228)-"and the men are a degree above them[women]"

Qur'an (5:6)-"And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands if there is no water to purify them following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Qur'an (24:31)- Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Qur'an (2:223)-"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives'bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse, which it has been used historically to justify. If this is what Muhammad meant, however, then it would appear to contradict what he said inMuslim (8:3365).

Qur'an (4:3)- (Wife-to-husband ratio)"Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" Inequality by numbers.

Qur'an (53:27)-"Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Qur'an (4:24)andQur'an (33:50)-A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by slye(m): 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ifeann:

Yet u claim since I am a woman you don't like engaging me in comparative sessions. Is it because Mohammed and allah had little regard for women ;

Ma'am I don't think this is what he meant by saying doesn't wanna chat you up

Even the Bible puts some restrictions on women... eg
1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority
over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
Corinthians 14:34
The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are
not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the
Law also says.
Corinthians 11:1-34
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you
because you remember me in everything and maintain the
traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to
understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of
a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every
man who prays or prophesies with his head covered
dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies
with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the
same as if her head were shaven.
1 Corinthians 14:35
If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their
husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak
in church.
Timothy 2:9
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency
and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate
hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Ifeann(f): 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
slye:

Ma'am I don't think this is what he meant by saying doesn't wanna chat you up

Even the Bible puts some restrictions on women... eg
1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority
over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
Corinthians 14:34
The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are
not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the
Law also says.
Corinthians 11:1-34
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you
because you remember me in everything and maintain the
traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to
understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of
a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every
man who prays or prophesies with his head covered
dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies
with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the
same as if her head were shaven.
1 Corinthians 14:35
If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their
husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak
in church.

Nice list of verses. Now my friend the old testament made it clear that men (high priests ) are at the vanguard of leading worship in the temples, its been like that then and it is like that now.

Now compare these verses with the ones I gave about Islam's regard for women. Mind you, I didn't quote quran verses allowing the rape of even married sex slaves incase u didn't notice.

And just as a reminder,women are counted as equal to men in Christianity.
Galatians 3:28p
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond(slave) nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ifeann:

Why do u say this,"Like I said I don't like comparative sessions with females..I don't blame you if you cannot comprehend the reasons behind the verses..."
I have given u verses from your quran, damning violent verses that encourage enmity, fighting and death while fighting for allah.
You say its historic circumstances. I remind you that your quran claims its words are clear and eternal, commands for all time. Yet u claim since I am a woman you don't like engaging me in comparative sessions. Is it because Mohammed and allah had little regard for women ;

Qur'an (4:11)- (Inheritance)"The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"(see also verse4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Qur'an (2:282)- (Court testimony)"And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they would make more reliable witnesses.

Qur'an (2:228)-"and the men are a degree above them[women]"

Qur'an (5:6)-"And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands if there is no water to purify them following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Qur'an (24:31)- Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Qur'an (2:223)-"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives'bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse, which it has been used historically to justify. If this is what Muhammad meant, however, then it would appear to contradict what he said inMuslim (8:3365).

Qur'an (4:3)- (Wife-to-husband ratio)"Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" Inequality by numbers.

Qur'an (53:27)-"Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Qur'an (4:24)andQur'an (33:50)-A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

INHERITANCE: can you give me a place where inheritance is explicitly explained in the bible, and i mean how a man should divide its property to his families and also how a woman's property is to be divided? if you are concerned about the fact that a man will get twice as a female, you have a long way to go then. however islam at least give women right to inherit and how to be inherited about 1400 yrs ago. the bible never stipulated how much! thereby they are being cheated.In Jewish law, when a parent dies the eldest son receives a double share of the inheritance.

TESTIMONY: women are easily influenced during testimony..you can not compare if a woman is threatened and if a man is threatened. so i wonder which *studies* give you that fallacy.

Qur'an (5:6)-"And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"
You know you didnt quote this verse from the begining. however what the verse means by being in contact is when you have sexual intercourse with your wife and you couldnt get water for ghusl(purification bath)unlike you christians, and you want to pray, so instead of delaying the prayer you do tayamum..and its not dirt, its dust!..so once again the contact means sexual intercourse..you cant know how to interpret the quran more the prophet...and i dont know whats disturbing you about that

Qur'an (24:31)- Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. ...so whats the big deal about that ,you have already answer yourself so why putting it forth.
“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and to protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allaah is All-Aware of what they do.” [al-Noor 24:30].

Qur'an (2:223)-"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."
A man came to the prophet about a superstition that was among the arabs prior to islam that if you have intercourse in a particular way that the child will be squinted or deficient so to speak..and the verse claim to clarify that it is a lie..however the prophet clarify what the verse is saying when he said anal sex is forbidden in islam .meaning the verse excluded anal intercourse. And the man was also not referring to anal intercourse .once again you can not interpret the quran more the prophet...

Qur'an (4:3)- Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" ..if you are not satisfied with this , you have a long way to go

Qur'an (53:27)-"Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."..the name of all the angels given in the bible are all males!..so what are you saying
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
thorpido:
Do a research on Luke and John.They were acquitances of the disciples.
But they were not disciples right..thats just what i am trying to say
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 5:53am On Dec 28, 2014
muib:

thorpido:

Do a research on Luke and John.They were acquitances
of the disciples.
.why would the pple accept Luke and John when they themselves were not a disciple just like Barnabas
Luke said in his recording 1:2-3
Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the
beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

If Luke had said that he himself was not an eyewitness and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitnesses and not as words inspired by God, would you say that present day's Bible is God's word?

1 Like

Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
dastranger:

.why would the pple accept Luke and John when they themselves were not a disciple just like Barnabas
Luke said in his recording 1:2-3
Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the
beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

If Luke had said that he himself was not an eyewitness and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitnesses and not as words inspired by God, would you say that present day's Bible is God's word?
Muhammed himself never wrote the quran.Others wrote it,even if it is claimed he gave them the words.
Are you saying then that judging by your postulation,one can easily throw away the quran since Muhammed didn't write it?
muib:

Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
thorpido:
Muhammed himself never wrote the quran.Others wrote it,even if it is claimed he gave them the words.
Are you saying then that judging by your postulation,one can easily throw away the quran since Muhammed didn't write it?

Let me correct you..... The Quran was written down during the time of Muhammad SAW by the scribes and it was pronounced to his ears to ascertain the correction .... But it was compiled together as a book in whole after his time
.Pls answer this question
why would the pple accept Luke and John when they themselves were not a disciple just like Barnabas

1 Like

Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
dastranger:

Point of correction..... The Quran was written down during the time of Muhammad SAW by the scribes .... But it was compiled together as a book in whole after his time
.Pls answer this question

You say the quran was written by scribes.........you agree other people wrote it.
That means it is subject to misrepresentation whether you agree or not.

I already told you Luke was an acquaintance of Peter.He wrote some of his words.That is more authentic than the words of Barnabas.
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by dastranger(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
thorpido:
You say the quran was written by scribes.........you agree other people wrote it.
That means it is subject to misrepresentation whether you agree or not.

I already told you Luke was an acquaintance of Peter.He wrote some of his words.That is more authentic than the words of Barnabas.
Have you forgotten one of the miracles of the Quran is that it is easily crammed?... The Quran was crammed, and written down... So if there was a mistake, Muhammad would av noted it during recital....
Now from one of your points you claimed Barnabas was rejected because he wasn't a disciple... And you claimed Luke had a more correct script.... How could you be sure? He even said he got them according to eyewitness.....or were you there when it was bn written down? Or have you ever asked yourself this question that what if some parts of Barnabas script is right ? Even If Barnabas was a disciple or part of allies of the disciples...some parts of his scripts could av bn right because he was close to them just like Luke and John.... Ponder well, forget about what your pastors told you
Re: Nine Important Verse That Muslim Need To Explain To Us by thorpido(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
dastranger:

Have you forgotten one of the miracles of the Quran is that it is easily crammed?... The Quran was crammed, and written down... So if there was a mistake, Muhammad would av noted it during recital....
Now from one of your points you claimed Barnabas was rejected because he wasn't a disciple... And you claimed Luke had a more correct script.... How could you be sure? He even said he got them according to eyewitness.....or were you there when it was bn written down? Or have you ever asked yourself this question that what if some parts of Barnabas script is right ? Even If Barnabas was a disciple or part of allies of the disciples...some parts of his scripts could av bn right because he was close to them just like Luke and John.... Ponder well, forget about what your pastors told you
What pastors told?I'm a bible student.The bible has copies in english so you can do your own research.You should make comparisons with the greek copies.Not sitting down listening to what a pastor said.That's the big difference with the quran that a lot of muslims cannot read and depend on just imams.

This gospel of Barnabas,have you read a copy yourself or are you just following what you heard from imams?
Do you know that Barnabas was not the real name of barnabas but was a name given to him by the disciples after Jesus had left?
Do you know that gospel of Barnabas claimed Muhammed was the Messiah and yet the quran says Jesus was?
Do you know that gospel of Barnabas claims Jesus was born under a bright light and yet the quran claims He was born under a palm tree?
How come you accept this gospel of Barnabas that opposes your quran?

You said some parts of the gospel of Barnabas could have been right?Listen to yourself.
Why do some parts have to be right?Should it be all correct as an authentic gospel?Are you not inadvertently agreeing that the parts that are not correct makes it invalid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help An Inconsistent Christian! / Pictures Of Jesus Suffering On The Cross / Which Christian Music Do You Play During This Easter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.