Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:03 AM

I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi (1195 Views)

Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / Jonathan's Former Officials Accuse Buhari Of Dismissing Already Dissolved Board / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by gratiaeo(m): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be reasonable – Sheik Gumi

A prominent Islamic cleric, Abubakar Gumi, has denied accusing a presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, of corruption.
Mr. Gumi stated this in a facebook post on his wall on Christmas Day. The cleric was reacting to allegations that he accused Mr. Buhari of corruption during a visit to him by an Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohaneze Ndigbo.
“It is not my duty to determine whether anybody is corrupt or not or to even pass a damning verdict on him,” he said.
Mr. Gumi, who had opposed the candidacy of both Mr. Buhari and President Goodluck Jonathan, stated that all he was interested in was a free, fair and peaceful election.
He criticised supporters of Mr. Buhari for their reactions to any criticism of the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate.
“Criticizing Buhari will inevitably be seen as an act of blasphemy in the eyes of his supporters,” he said. “They see anyone that speaks against what they believe in as a Jonathan man. This pathetic situation has to be reversed because the moment someone presents himself for leadership he is liable to criticism and answerable to people before God.”
Read Mr. Gumi’s full post below:
2015: Politics should not suppress our Conscience
My attention was drawn to a series of deliberate misrepresentations and distortions of particularly my comments during the visit of the Kaduna chapter of Oha-na-ze Ndigbo in some newspapers. For the records, I am not a politician and I don’t have sympathy for any of the political parties. My commitment for those that are fair and following what I do is always to ensure that the rule of law prevails in the conduct of all politicians and for the major stakeholders to avoid overheating our already saturated polity. If some of my comments, which some considered nasty and against their political interest and pursuit, will ultimately alert our largely unenlightened youths and subsequently prevent the looming bloodshed I foresaw, then the abuses and allegations of compromise against my person will be my own sacrifice to this nation.
It does not matter the malicious opinion of anybody against whosoever did anything for the sake of Allah because He knows the secrets of our hearts and He is the ultimate judge. I am always very conscious of everything I write and I will always accept responsibility no matter who feels offended. As an Islamic scholar the supporters of Jonathan or Buhari should not expect me to embark on campaign or to compel people to vote a candidate they don’t want. My responsibility is to guide and alert the nation based on what I know and my conviction, while the people have the final say. In the process, like all mortals, I can be wrong. What is important in Islam is to act strictly for the sake of Allah.
I have not said, as reported during the groups visit to me, that General Buhari is also corrupt as purported and erroneous disseminated. In any case, it is not my duty to determine whether anybody is corrupt or not or to even pass a damning verdict on him.
May I state, however, that the content of my recent posting as clear as it is was publicized by some media outfits to deliberately mislead the public about my position, many viewed it as against Buhari or an indirect endorsement for Jonathan. The records too are very clear. There is no Nigerian leader I persistently criticize and censor like Jonathan because of the deficiency in his leadership to address many serious national issues today, in some part of the country . Criticizing Buhari will inevitably be seen as an act of blasphemy in the eyes of his supporters. They see anyone that speaks against what they believe in as a Jonathan man. This pathetic situation has to be reversed because the moment someone presents himself for leadership he is liable to criticism and answerable to people before God.
The fact that there is religion in politics and politics in religion is the reason why I believe it is a duty for me to be consistent in addressing issues of public interest and to ensure that no human blood drops for the sake of anybody’s ambition, including the ambition of Jonathan and Buhari.
My comments on avoiding violence during the election is not only limited to the supporters of Buhari as mischievously being insinuated but extended to the supporters of Jonathan as well. In fact that is why before the two parties held their presidential conventions I repeatedly urged the parties to do away with the candidatures of Jonathan and Buhari because of the potential danger of doing so. But now that they didn’t listen and produced the duo, it is obvious that only one of them will eventually become president in 2015. At this point I must say, therefore, that we must prepare our minds and accept the outcome of the election as much as it is conducted under reasonable fairness. This is better than the risk of losing one human life because of the ambition of Jonathan or Buhari. If lives are worth sacrificing why is it that the children of our politicians did not participate in the post- election violence of 2011! At this note I will call on INEC and the Security agencies to conduct themselves appropriately without partiality to diffuse post -election tension and Violence. I also call on the public to be patient no matter the level of provocation and injustice because at the end of it all and due to our collective prayers Allah (SWT) will provide the way out for Nigeria.
I am compelled to give this additional comment because I know that there are many reasonable people that misunderstood my position because of the manner my comments are being reported. May Allah protect us all and guide us aright. Amin

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173795-not-accuse-buhari-corruption-supporters-must-reasonable-sheik-gumi.html
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by temitemi1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
They are too blind to see... GEJ till 2019!!!

3 Likes

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
Gunmi is now the Islamic version of oritejafor

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
una never see something,u think he is Jonathan you can criticise and go Scot free.IF buhari becomes president(IMPOSSIBLE FUTURE TENSE)Nairaland will be closed down
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Buhari is walking with corrupted elements, hence GMB is corrupt.

.. blessed is the man that walk not in the midst of the ungodly. ..
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
una never see something,u think he is Jonathan you can criticise and go Scot free.IF buhari becomes president(Impossible future tense)Nairaland will be closed down

Buhari Can NEVER win 2015 Presidential election.

He shall weep again Insha Allah
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
hahahahaha!! The difference between both of them is one wears gold blings and has a private jet while the other does not.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
una never see something,u think he is Jonathan you can criticise and go Scot free.IF buhari becomes president(Impossible future tense)Nairaland will be closed down

Buhari shall NEVER become the President of United Nigeria.

God forbid!
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Firefire:

Buhari shall NEVER becomes the President of United Nigeria.

God forbid!
look at the bracket it says IMPOSSIBLE FUTURE TENSE
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
look at the bracket it says IMPOSSIBLE FUTURE TENSE

I agree Jareee my brother, impossible can never be possible.

Buhari is only a time waster
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Buttocks: 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:

And you are the cyber version of an id1ot.

9 Likes

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by mazzi: 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
Are the fighting themselves(gumi and buhari)?anyways, Gej till.......2019.ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
temitemi1:
They are too blind to see... GEJ till 2019!!!

They have eye's but cannot see.

GEJ is the best to have happened to Nigeria at the moment.

Haters follow the path of honour. ..

G n D.

angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by BENZINA(m): 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
Fowl yansh don dey open even wen him "dream" gofmet never start. Yeye dey worry APC.
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by Ngwakwe: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
Firefire:

God forbid!

His disciples want us to forget about his past without any significant change and apology.

We can't forget how Buhari turned down all appeals to allow Babatope to bury his father who died while he (Babatope) was in the cell.

For publishing the truth, Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor both journalists, were slammed into the gulag under Buhari’s obnoxious decree.

“Tai (Solarin) was incarcerated by the despotic regime and denied even local herbal medication for his asthmatic condition…”

This Buhari is just heartless and worst human right abuser in Nigerian history.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by abacus(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Firefire:

God forbid!

Lemme help you finish it: Over your dead body abi? He will IJN Amen.

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by ndcide(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Alhaji Gumi is on point. I said same thing before.
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by oziegbe2015: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
una never see something,u think he is Jonathan you can criticise and go Scot free.IF buhari becomes president(IMPOSSIBLE FUTURE TENSE)Nairaland will be closed down
this is democracy, wake up and get real. Some people love for buhari is too much yes i agree. This is a man that mere seeing him the energy of passion you feel for him just comes out. The north see Buhari like a prophet so people have to be careful when addresing him

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by oziegbe2015: 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
Even the devil cannot accuse him of corruption. Lets end pdp 16yrs waste. Change has come

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by PassingShot(m): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
Firefire:

Buhari Can NEVER win 2015 Presidential election.

He shall weep again Insha Allah

Frustration of a Jonathanian
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
oziegbe2015:
this is democracy, wake up and get real. Some people love for buhari is too much yes i agree. This is a man that mere seeing him the energy of passion you feel for him just comes out. The north see Buhari like a prophet so people have to be careful when addresing him
listen to yourself,2015 will be a surprise to many,Gej will win with a huge margin that Ekiti will be child's play
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by oziegbe2015: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
listen to yourself,2015 will be a surprise to many,Gej will win with a huge margin that Ekiti will be child's play
mr man u have beign brainwashed by NTA. The north and west is the stronghold of apc dont be decieved pdp will only get east and a few south states. That is what is on ground not mere wishes or asumption.

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by fkaz(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
Watching thread
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by oziegbe2015: 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
listen to yourself mr man u have beign brainwashed by NTA. The north and west is the stronghold of apc dont be decieved pdp will only get east and a few south states. That is what is on ground not mere wishes or asumption.

1 Like

Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by brownlord: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
in some part of the country . Criticizing Buhari will inevitably be seen as an act of blasphemy in the eyes of his supporters. They see anyone that speaks against what they believe in as a Jonathan man. This pathetic situation has to be reversed because the moment someone presents himself for leadership he is liable to criticism and answerable to people before God.

Berem, Obiageli, NgeneUkwenu, Omenka and other Buhari robot, please take note
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by brownlord: 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:

Even after reading this write up? I give up
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by juman(m): 11:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
Talking about politics is part of the sheikh responsibilities.
Re: I did not accuse Buhari of corruption, but his supporters must be.. –Sheik Gumi by thunderrider: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2014
Sheik Gumi don see us finish

Naija with myopic view on things

Basing judgment on sentiments rather than on reasons

(1) (Reply)

Coun / A Simple Riddle For Both Jonathan And Buhari Supporters. Drop Your Answer. / Attacks On My Person Not Surprising —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.