Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,526 members, 7,971,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:05 PM

I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari (466 Views)

Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan / I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari / I Won't Have Office For First Lady- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by kahal29: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), retired General Muhammadu Buhari has said he will not have an office for First Lady should he emerge victorious at next year’s presidential election.“The [office of] First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” he said.

In an interview he granted in Kaduna, General Buhari added that ministries, which are constitutional, should be allowed to play their own roles. “There is the Ministry of Women Affairs, and so on,” he said.

However, Buhari said, women are going to play very important roles in his administration. “I was raised by my mother, as I lost my father when I was under six, so I know what a woman can do if given the chance,” he said, adding that he sees them as his cornerstone.

General Buhari also spoke about the situation in Chibok, Borno State where over 200 schoolgirls were abducted by terrorist group Boko Haram and remain in captivity. “Imagine a mother with a teenage daughter there and for seven months has no clue where she is,” he said, adding that women have to look after a child for at least six years, making the pain of losing a child great.

“Roughly one year in their tummy and from the time they are born until they clock six, children tend to assume they know everything, but it is women, their mothers, who are responsible for them,” he said. “I have the greatest respect for women, he said.

The full interview, in which he spoke on various issues, will be published tomorrow in theWeekly Trust.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by blemon44(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
which office?

so you think you are going to win?

you are just another failure

you are always a failure

extablishing boko haram wont help you to win the election

TEAMGEJ

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by madridguy(m): 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
Let wait and see.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by shortgun(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
This goes a long way to show that this Grandpa doesn't understand anything about politics.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oil Price Dip / The South Is Politically Matured Than The North. / Bh's Deadliest Massacre :over 2000 Killed In Baga In Few Days - Amnesty Int'l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.