Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,139 members, 7,949,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Did Jesus Get Married? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Get Married? (1568 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Where Did Jesus Get His Name / How Did Jesus Get Into Jerusalem: On One Or Two Donkeys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 27, 2014
How do this help a sinner?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by uboma(m): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Whether he married or not is irrelevant since it wasn't recorded in the Bible and not vital to gain salvation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:

How do this help a sinner?

You tell me, have you got any contributions? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You tell me, have you got any contributions? undecided
Only speak words that edify the Church,dis can't help the Faith of the Church,so i got nothing to say.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
uboma:

Whether he married or not is irrelevant since it wasn't recorded in the Bible and not vital to gain salvation

Assuming you are a Christian, do you know whether Jesus got married or not?
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:

Only speak words that edify the Church,dis can't help the Faith of the Church,so i got nothing to say.

There are many edifying threads that I have posted on this section how many have you contributed to if you were edified?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

There are many edifying threads that I have posted on this section how many have you contributed to if you were edified?
If i happen to Be lead by the Spirit i will comment.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:

If i happen to Be lead by the Spirit i will comment.

Saying no comment is a comment, thanks anyways. wink
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by uboma(m): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Assuming you are a Christian, do you know whether Jesus got married or not?

Why channel your energies into something not included in the Bible
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
uboma:

Why channel your energies into something not included in the Bible

If unbelievers ask you this question what will be your response?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Did Jesus get married?

http://carm.org/did-jesus-get-married

Jesus was not married. He did not have a wife.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by Knownpal(m): 11:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
He's got to break the adamic nature, which is sin. That's why he didn't.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:24am On Dec 28, 2014
Some people believe he did... to Mary Magdalen
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Some people believe he did... to Mary Magdalen

Why do they believe that?
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by SeverusSnape(m): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Why do they believe that?
I don't know for sure,but they claim the evidences abound in forms of ancient scrolls and texts, They also claim He had descendants and a secret society protects them, that society is known as the 'priory of sion'. Read the 'Da Vinci code' to get more insight.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by uboma(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If unbelievers ask you this question what will be your response?

My response to such question is, Its not important because in the actual sense it is not.

Why add or subtract from what is already written on the Holy Book?
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Knownpal:

He's got to break the adamic nature, which is sin. That's why he didn't.

Hmm. Interesting point. smiley
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:

I don't know for sure,but they claim the evidences abound in forms of ancient scrolls and texts, They also claim He had descendants and a secret society protects them, that society is known as the 'priory of sion'. Read the 'Da Vinci code' to get more insight.

The 'Da Vinci Code' is fiction not fact.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
uboma:

My response to such question is, Its not important because in the actual sense it is not.

Why add or subtract from what is already written on the Holy Book?

The inability or unwillingness of Christians to answer such questions drive these folks into the arms of charlatans and new agers who claim to have all the answers by filling in the gaps as they see fit.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The 'Da Vinci Code' is fiction not fact.
Yes, it's fiction, but most of the message passed across are facts.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Yes, it's fiction, but most of the message passed across are facts.

When I said it is fiction I mean that the message passed across in nothing but fiction and mythology.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

When I said it is fiction I mean that the message passed across in nothing but fiction and mythology.
Fact: The priory of sion is a real secret society, many things discussed there in are truths.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Fact: The priory of sion is a real secret society, many things discussed there in are truths.

It's a conspiracy theory, nothing to do with the truth.
Re: Did Jesus Get Married? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Did Jesus get married?

Answer:

Did Jesus Christ get married?
by Matt Slick

No, Jesus did not get married. In John 2 at the wedding of Cana Jesus was invited (John 2:2) to the celebration. In that culture, as well as now, you aren’t invited to your own wedding because the wedding can't happen without you. Also, Jesus knew that he was going to be crucified and die (Matt. 20:18-19). He would not have married a woman knowing he would not be able to provide for her later. Also, the Lamb, who is Jesus, will attend the wedding feast as the bridegroom later (Revelation 19:7; 21:9). So, we could say he will be “married” in the future.

Recently, there was the discovery of a payrus document Called the "Jesus wife papyrus", a fragment with several incomplete lines on it. One of the incomplete sentences reads, "Jesus said to them, 'My wife...'"

The papyrus fragment was written at least 300 years after the time of Christ. It's spurious at best and cannot be used to support the idea that Jesus was married.

The Gospels are the primary accounts of his life and death. There is nothing mentioned in them or the rest of the New Testament that says Jesus was married. Since the Bible mentions Jesus mother, father, and brothers, it makes sense to say that it would also have included his wife if he had been married. But since it's not, we must conclude he was not married.

(1) (Reply)

Kim Walker- The Throne Free Download / Share Your Bad Experience With Churches / Orunmila & Ori: Why We Bow Our Head To Orunmila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.