Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:47 AM

Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker (1434 Views)

Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / EFCC Invites Kingsley Kuku, Jonathan’s Adviser On Amnesty / Ndigbo ‘ll Never Suffer Under Buhari’s Administration — Moghalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X53GCjonxU

I have spent a few days researching on Dr Kingsley Moghalu. He is more than just a CBN Deputy Governor. I think he is a philosopher. I will like to hear more from him.

I think the South East has one very sophisticated Public servant and commentator here.

I take a leaf from his book and say Nigeria definitely needs a world view rather than viewing everything through the prism of tribe and religion.
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsley_Moghalu

Dr. Kingsley Bosah Chiedu Moghalu (born 1963 in Lagos, Nigeria) was Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), from November 2009 until the completion of his five year term of office in November 2014. He was Deputy Governor for Financial Stability,in charge of the prudential regulation of banks and financial institutions, and led the implementation of far-reaching reforms to Nigeria's banking system in the wake of the global financial crisis. He also served as Deputy Governor for Operations, leading the Bank's work as banker to the government, currency operations, the management of Nigeria's external reserves, and payment systems reform. Dr. Moghalu was a member of the Board of Directors, the Monetary Policy Committee, and the Committee of Governors of the CBN, and a member of the Federal Government of Nigeria's Economic Management Team.

Moghalu previously worked for the United Nations for 17 years in strategic planning, legal affairs and executive management roles in New York, Cambodia, Croatia, Tanzania and Switzerland, and subsequently founded and was the Chief Executive Officer of Sogato Strategies S.A.(Societe Anonyme), a global strategy and risk advisory firm with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.

He is the author of three books, Emerging Africa: How the Global Economy's 'Last Frontier' Can Prosper and Matter (Penguin Books, 2014), Global Justice (Stanford University Press, 2008) and Rwanda's Genocide (Palgrave Macmillan, 2005), as well as numerous articles on law, development, political economy and public policy in journals and newspapers around the world. His publications have appeared in Central Banking Journal, Journal of Banking and Finance, The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs, Investec Journal, The Washington Post and the International Herald Tribune.

1 Like

Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
I will buy his book

Emerging Africa: How the Global Economy's 'Last Frontier' Can Prosper and Matter (Penguin Books, 2014)
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by abacus(m): 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
That GEJ will 'use' him when UMYA missed it. A brain. Everything is politics with our GEJ.
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by asha80(m): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
He is not vying for any political office.
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by modhream: 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Guy is my cousin........what's this thread about really?
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
modhream:
Guy is my cousin........what's this thread about really?

Will like to see him play a front line role in Nigeria and South East Politics
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
asha80:
He is not vying for any political office.

Yep he is not

But he can emerge a key minister in the next GEJ government, in order to gain more experience in Government
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 28, 2014
mikeansy:
I will buy his book

If you happen to get this book, please let me know where.

Thanks.
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 28, 2014
HNosegbe:

If you happen to get this book, please let me know where.
Thanks.

If you have access to online shopping

http://www.amazon.com/Emerging-Africa-Economys-Frontier-Prosper/dp/0141979453/ref=asap_B001K8RQ3A?ie=UTF8
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 28, 2014
mikeansy:

If you have access to online shopping

http://www.amazon.com/Emerging-Africa-Economys-Frontier-Prosper/dp/0141979453/ref=asap_B001K8RQ3A?ie=UTF8

Thanks.

I watched the video, by the way - that guy is sound.
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 28, 2014
abacus:
That GEJ will 'use' him when UMYA missed it. A brain. Everything is politics with our GEJ.

But GEJ need to start tapping the best brains in the country

He has nothing to lose
Re: Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker by Ikengawo: 3:27am On Dec 28, 2014
mikeansy:

But GEJ need to start tapping the best brains in the country

He has nothing to lose

start? Iweala, Sanusi, Nnaji, etc are...?

We as igbos shouldn't waste our talent on politics, especially federal politics. We have enough politicians, let them improve on their skills in that craft and excel with our help but every Nigerian that proves he can make sentences is prompted to go into politics and this is a problem. Let him advance and improve the banking sector for life, build a world class system, and eventually one that will surpass others. If he becomes president he will have 4 to 8 years to argue with people and do fluff projects then retire and be called a thief for the rest of his life. This is a waste of talent. Let every man focus on their craft and excel so that the nation excels. We're obsessed with politics.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fire Razes Gas Shop At Afaha Uqua, Eket (Graphic photos) / See What This Person Did To His PVC After Election Postponement / Nigerians React To Obasanjo’sdecision To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.