Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,653 members, 7,889,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:45 PM

Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas (879 Views)

Victor Umeh Holds Mass In His Home To Mourn His Sister - PICS / Funny.Governor Ajimobi Blasted Indigenes At Olubadan Coronation. / Free Bus Ride For Lagosians On Eid-el-fitri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 12:32am On Dec 12, 2008
Imo offers free bus home to indigenes at Xmas
Written by Chidi Nkwopara
Thursday, December 11, 2008
OWERRI—Over 30 air-conditioned 59-seater commercial buses have been hired by Imo State government to ferry Imo people home for the Christmas and New Year festivities.

Disclosing this to newsmen on behalf of the Chief of Staff, Mr. Emma Ohakim, the Executive Assistant (Sanitation and Transport), Mr. Chris Onuoha, explained that the move is aimed at ameliorating the sufferings of Imo people wishing to come home for the Christmas and New Year festivities.

“In line with the New Face of Imo vision of Governor Ohakim, he has approved the provision of air-conditioned buses to convey Imo indigenes from Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto, Enugu, Onitsha, Aba and Port Harcourt to Imo State”, the Chief of Staff said.

According to the Chief of Staff, government went into this arrangement because it is aware that some of its citizens, who would have loved to come home, are not buoyant enough to foot the huge amounts charged by commercial bus owners at peak periods like the Christmas and New Year.

“The provision of the buses would enable our brothers and sisters to come home with ease to share the joy of Christmas with their kith and kin, as well as savour the dividends of democracy delivered by the adminis-tration in their various communities”, Mr. Ohakim said.

Answering a question, Mr Onuoha said that these buses will depart Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto on December 20 for Owerri, while others will leave Lagos and Abuja on December 24, adding that the return trip will commence January 4, 2009.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/11/314.html
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 12:34am On Dec 12, 2008
Lmao, who knows how much they will charge the govt for this unimportant service?. Roflmao, how can you use govt funds to finance a thing like this?
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 12:35am On Dec 12, 2008
oh,i get it so u are from IMO.
why then were u so ashamed to say so,theres nothin bad in being a dreamer of biafra.
I wont stroke u  for being from "biafra"grin
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 12:40am On Dec 12, 2008
I am not from Imo you useless almajiri. parasites in power!
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 12:50am On Dec 12, 2008
Enugu to decongest city for yuletide
By Emmanuel Nzomiwu Reporter, Enugu

To avert heavy traffic jam in Enugu metropolis during the yuletide festivities, Enugu State government has set up an inter-ministerial committee to remove all abandoned and wrongly parked vehicles on major streets in the state capital.

The newly appointed Special Adviser on Capital City Matters to the state governor, Sullivan Chime, Chief Johny Egbo, disclosed this in Enugu.

Egbo warned that henceforth vehicles abandoned or carelessly parked along such streets would be confiscated and a fine of N5000 paid by the owners before such vehicles could be released to them.

He lamented that the disused vehicles along the roads have been obstructing the free flow of traffic in the city.

Egbo said: "More worrisome is the fact that some of these vehicles are left on the dual carriage ways recently constructed by the administration of His Excellency, Governor Sullivan Chime; thus denying road users the benefits of the modern roads."

He added that road traffic accidents in the metropolis would minimize when the roads are rid off of potholes.

Egbo, however, explained that the idea of imposing fines on owners of wrongly parked cars or abandoned vehicles was to deter vehicle owners from the ugly habit of obstructing vehicular traffic, pointing out that as the Yuletide period approaches, it is expected that more vehicles would be coming into and through the state capital.

His words: "It is important to look into these problems because people who may be coming home for the Christmas would also bring in their vehicles.

"If we do not set order on the streets, the chaos that may follow the high number of motor vehicles in the city could lead to a crisis situation where people stay days on the way thereby making life unbearable."

While praising the administration of Governor Sullivan Chime in its effort to restore the diminished glory of the Coal City, Egbo pointed out that accessible roads enhance disaster management and crime control, adding that even during emergencies, blocked access roads hamper assistance from relevant government or security agencies.

He stressed that the practice of keeping street roads clear is critical to the socio-economic improvement of urban dwellers since, according to him, social and economic activities in the metropolis can only increase when people move about easily.

"That is why in addition to fine imposed on illegal obstruction of traffic, the state government has decided to set up an inter-ministerial committee to embark on massive enlightenment campaign to educate citizens on the importance of proper parking of vehicles in the city as well as clearing major roads of abandoned equipment," he said.

The use of siren by some categories of public officers and banks, Egbo explained, would be curtailed if the roads were kept free of unnecessary entanglements and impediments.

The Amechi Awkunanaw born special adviser said that the process of maintaining sanity on the highways starts from decongesting the roads and enforcing obedience to traffic regulations.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/11/702.html
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 12:55am On Dec 12, 2008
wow!
you know so much about the SE
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 1:15am On Dec 12, 2008
wow!
you know so much about the SE
What did this neophyte smoke this evening?
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 1:17am On Dec 12, 2008
earTHMama:

What did this neophyte smoke this evening?

i've quit smokin long time ago
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 2:03am On Dec 12, 2008
i've quit smokin long time ago

Not sure about that. Old habits die hard. Unless you've switched to sniffing gutter.
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 2:07am On Dec 12, 2008
no matter wat u'll do i'll never jerk-off on you grin
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 2:19am On Dec 12, 2008
no matter what u'll do i'll never jerk-off on you

Go get circumcised first embarassed embarassed
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 2:21am On Dec 12, 2008
grin cheesy LMFAO

no matter wat u will do grin cheesy
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 2:30am On Dec 12, 2008
Keep sniffing and laughing. Suffering and smiling = North. tongue tongue
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 2:32am On Dec 12, 2008
earTHMama:

Suffering and smiling = North. tongue tongue
cheesy grin lol

You and I know better.
I pity you  grin grin

its not easy living in that dirty environment.
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 2:34am On Dec 12, 2008
lol

You and I know better.
I pity you
Person wey dey suffer dey pity me?. You see why i recommend you stop smoking that thing?

Why are you so jealous?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-206587.0.html
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by Muza(m): 2:37am On Dec 12, 2008
i'm happy that your gov has decided to help your pathetic situation,free ride home grin cheesy lol cheesy grin
Re: Imo Offers Free Bus Home To Indigenes At Xmas by earTHMama: 2:38am On Dec 12, 2008
i'm happy that your gov has decided to help your pathetic situation,free ride home
Is happy to know that I am covered in case your boys begin to wield their machetes again.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria National Anthem (old In Use: 1960-1978) / When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? / The Victim Of Kaduna Kidnap Was Taken To Eastern Part Of Kaduna Not SE NIG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.