Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,907 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:22 PM

That Govenor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Govenor (705 Views)

Revealed how Govenor Wike Influenced Supreme Court Ruling – Peterside-Daily post / River State Govenor Wike Looses Appeal / Govenor Dambaba Suntai Of Taraba State Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Govenor by wuni: 3:20am On Dec 12, 2008
Do anybody know the name of that powerful gov, that nuhu ribadu prosecuted and make life misrable for EFCC BOSS now, because paper said all these started after EFCC BOSS TOUCHED THE UNTOUCHABLE  GOVENOR, is that true?
Re: That Govenor by GettysBurg: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2008
That is an open secret.
Re: That Govenor by kosovo(m): 8:03am On Dec 12, 2008
ok
Re: That Govenor by lucabrasi(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2008
@poster
the governor's name is ibori forgotten his first names but google it and you ll find him.

ribadu's travails started when he allowed himself to be used as a pawn by obasanjo the former president,he was doing the right thing in the wrong way and then going totally out of line,he prosecuted and harrased innocent people who never held public office like lanre tejuoso just because he was running against obasanjo's daughter,he hounded many others as well while iyabo obasanjo was balntantly corruptly enriching herself,same as her father,the likes of amhadu alli,olabode george e.t.c
he famously remarked in an interview that he has not found any evidence of corruption against ibb or obasanjo and her daughter,same as the transcorp thing e.t.c

and what finally did him in,was when he started to go against the person who brought him out of obscurity atiku and totally betrayed him,not only going after atiku,but unfairly disqualified him and other governors, something the efcc didnt have any power to do,as for bribery i know a friend whose dad is a former minister in the last regime of obj and i can authoritatively say that ribadu collected 10 million naira and a bmw from them(i cant mention the post or names)but the man is from the north.i know for sure because i have seen the car with my own two eyes and that is not mentioning the various allegations of underselling seized properties e.t.c which i am not privy too so i dont know if it is true or false.
Re: That Govenor by ow11(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2008
@luca

I agree with you. Ribadu is a victim of his own bias towards his boss
Re: That Govenor by abt(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2008
some say it's James Onanefe Ibori, former governor of Delta State.
Re: That Govenor by Epiphany(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2008
Of course it is James Ibori. Who else will it be? Who has Ribadu 'touched' that has raised so much controversy?

That is the nice thing about Ibori though. I think he learned a bit from Babangida in the sense that although he stole embezzled cannot account for so much money, it seems as if he spread it around so much, that holding him will implicate so many. It is said that he was one of the funders of Yar'Adua's elections and so on.

Yes, i think he is THAT GOVERNOR.
Re: That Govenor by Moves: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
It is James Ibori; That ribadu touched him is not what the problem is; but the implication of it; by exposing him and his criminal records in the UK to public knowledge scuttled his future presidential ambition.
Re: That Govenor by GettysBurg: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2008
OBJ once said that Ibori is the smartest politician in Nigeria. That was in a top level meeting somewhere in Gambia in '07.
It was there the decision to have him INSTALL Yar adua as President was made.

I stand to be corrected, but i think he is currently the most powerful Politician in the country- in terms of being a Mr. Fix- It.
Re: That Govenor by wuni: 1:07am On Dec 13, 2008
Thank you guys

(1) (Reply)

High Dividend Paying Companies / Who Is The Most Humiliated USA President? / The Travails Of Obj Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.