Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,782 members, 7,909,007 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:51 PM

Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election (3603 Views)

Rivers Poll: Tribunal Upholds Election Of 6 PDP Lawmakers / Jonathan Okays Sanusi As Supreme Court Justice / 2015-Eligibility: Tension Over Jonathan's Fate As Supreme Court Decides In 48Hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by master2(m): 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2008
chidichris,i completely agree with u. Buhari is a fanatic while i can't trust Atiku with Nigeria wealth ,if any is remaining.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2008
Does it really matter who you think Buhari is, or what your thoughts are on Atiku's management skills are? The issue here is those two men did what millions of Nigerians refused to do for themselves. We should bow our heads in shame that once again, the supreme court has sent us another message that our votes are not worth much( Not exactly sure what evidence was presented to the court in this case).

We, the people, should have been the ones petitioning to have yar adua step down, if proven that the election was not a fair one. Buhari and Atiku may have had selfish motives to begin with but in this case, they have done no wrong in petitioning for change. Please let us think about this as intelligent people would.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by worldman(m): 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2008
i believe u are an hungry man yar'adua him self no his election was riged i m a nigeria i believe in due process i m a member of action congress i no atiku is a criminal yar'adua is transpirent but too dull i think buhari is ok
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by diggler(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
Yar'Adua was always gonna win the appeal.
He is the government.

I would like to find out if Pat Utomi (the only credible 2007 candidate) took part in the supreme court appeal.

Cos of late he seems to have shed the politician toga, u know he's stopped wearing Flowing traditional attire & is back to suits.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by DoubleN(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
Before nko where you guys waiting to hear that he lost? Agaracha must always come back!
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by nomanicole(f): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2008
c'mon its not like we are surprised,haba! this is no news now,i cant believe some people expected the supreme cot court to send him home,abeg,can someone please up another gist that will hold us spell bound
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by nigboy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
I am disappointed with the rule. Was there any election in Nigeria
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by dremoney(m): 1:08am On Dec 13, 2008
Thinking about the country's stability with the fact that the contenders aint better off, i think the judges made a wise decision.

What I'm curious to see is ATIKU truly returning to PDP, reserve my comment till then, !!!! undecided
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by cvibe: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2008
The previous election is gone. We look forward to the next one where we shall uphold our faith and say Yes We Can choose our own President.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by chimolaski: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2008
the ruling is a right step in d right direction.it now time 4 presido 2 focus on more developmental prog.long live presido nd long live naija
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2008
Long live my Ass! The guy is just the same thing, appointing old fools as ministers and ambassadors, going to Mecca and going to Katsina for merry making called el-del-bido ogu. No sacrifices or proper thinking to push us all up. We shore ourselves up on our own, run biz on generators and hiss on bad road and yet these fools burn our things in Jos. Until Nigeria dismember and each region hangs its corrupt leaders, no progress. We continue to run abroad!
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by beeswax: 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2008
did anyone think the ruling was going to go any other way but the presido's way?
t'was a done deal right from the start, now case closed and buried
i sorry for Nigeria
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by princekevo(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2008
Tht is really funny, lol Did the conteders, atiku, buhari and the rest thought they would ever win the case in the first place?Even if thier lawyers present 100 heads slaughtered during the election at the lawcourt as an evidence.The Judge would still tell the whole world lack evidence.
It's obvious that the election wasnt free and fair.For the first time Obasanjo said the truth he even confirmed that on a bbc interview.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Remii(m): 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2008
I think the judges did well for the country, if the election was canceled, nothing has changed to prevent Yar' Adua reelection, it will be a begin again like those governors elections canceled. Does anyone remember any PDP governor that has lost rerun election? none, so God will see us through the remaining two and half years of this slow and confused administration. More importantly we have have to do more that just writing and complaining. Your situation will not change until you change it yourself. Nigeria has to make the system work and we can if we are ready.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by otokx(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2008
My dear this guy is so slow and its like even the clock is now moving slowly, the roads are getting badder and badder while NEPA is increasing the intensity of the darkness.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by dremoney(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2008
Remii:

I think the judges did well for the country, if the election was canceled, nothing has changed to prevent Yar' Adua reelection, it will be a begin again like those governors elections canceled. Does anyone remember any PDP governor that has lost rerun election? none, so God will see us through the remaining two and half years of this slow and confused administration. More importantly we have have to do more that just writing and complaining. Your situation will not change until you change it yourself. Nigeria has to make the system work and we can if we are ready.

abi ooo, we talk too much, no action, nobody wan face bullet, one day sha, i know, overskill go kill there(government) monkey!!!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Makavelis(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2008
what do u expect? grin
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by muhsin(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2008
The suprime court upholds Yar-Adua's election? Lol grin That hasn't come to me with an iota of surprise. Exactly what we darned well know would certainly happen. And it did. Very funny yet sad.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by McKren(m): 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2008
muhsin:

The suprime court upholds Yar-Adua's election? Lol grin That hasn't come to me with an iota of surprise. Exactly what we darned well know would certainly happen. And it did. Very funny yet sad.

Did the supreme court uphold his election or dismiss the opposition's case against Yar'adua on the ground of lack of strong evidence

They are two different things.

The President does not have the people's mandate, even the complicit Supreme Court does not say he has the people's mandate . . . . its important to note that.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by MaiSuya(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
McKren:

Did the supreme court uphold his election or dismiss the opposition's case against Yar'adua on the ground of lack of strong evidence

They are two different things.

The President does not have the people's mandate, even the complicit Supreme Court does not say he has the people's mandate . . . . its important to note that.

Hmm you have a point there, especially when viewed against the statement made by Niki Tobi JSC, widely considered to be a scathing denoucement of the competence of counsel to BUHARI. . .

"It is sad, very sad indeed that counsel, the expert of the law, did not consider Section 83 of the Evidence Act in this matter involving a very simple and elementary procedure. Rather than seeing any fault in the appellant (and I do not see any) I am in full sympathy with him because he was materially denied the opportunity to prove his case. . ."

In other words, had the counsel to Buhari given a more roboust representation, would the verdict have gone the other way, i.e in Buhari's favour? It's noteworthy that in spite of the abysmal performance given by Buhari's counsel, three out the 7 judges were actually in favour of him.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Pataki: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2008
Things keep getting better in Nigeria. I know. grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by McKren(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2008
well am not necessarily blaiming Buhari's counsel, I dont also think the fact that 3 out of 7 Judges were in his favour means anything. The whole process was stage managed.

There is no proof the Supreme Court would have done anything different if the quality of Buhari's case was better. A Judge who wants to be complicit will always find technical reasons to do that.

I was only saying that even the complicit Supreme Court knows the fraud was too obvious to pronounce Yar'adua an outright victor.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by otukpo(f): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2008
Landis
it is only you that will roast in that your hell

Mide 1811
You make sense

i think the judges took a wise decision. even if the election had been upturned, UMY would still have won the re-election. it wil only have taken naija backwards. the next thing is for Yar Adua to sit up and focus on his 7 pt agenda. we are full of expectation and UMY knows this.
what we nigerians should know is that out of these three Atiku, Buhari and Yar Adua, Yar Adua remains a far better option. Those other 2 should stop dreaming of ruling Nigeria.
Kudos to the Supreme Court. i urge all of you that are not happy with the verdict to console yourself with the fact that Yar Adua is a better option. there is GREAT HOPE FOR NIGERIA. even by agitating, taking matters to court and all that, we have started working towards that. We will get there someday, though not as fast as we would have wished.
YES WE CAN!!!!! lets not loose hope
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2008
my friend if the election was annulled

we will have a re-election and not a run-off, so new candidates can join the process

on the merit of the last 18months, to suggest UMYA is better than Atiku or Buhari is a falacy
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by dalaha: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2008
cool weather Nigerians we too much, cool cool

this was just a way for some group of people to make money and our president to steal more money undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

where did he get the money to pay them??

did they not know they would be bribed

leave that thing alone.

the only thing that is paining me is that I've not gotten a way to eat my own grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i am on my way to aso rock our presido should ""pay what he owesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"" cause Mr carter is coming to collect
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by muhsin(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2008
McKren:

well am not necessarily blaiming Buhari's counsel, I don't also think the fact that 3 out of 7 Judges were in his favour means anything. The whole process was stage managed.

Well said!
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by akyus(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2008
The Supreme court judgement was live on the NTA. sad shocked
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by xpagnol: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2008
men house i trusted that president yara dull at his initial stage
but at a time i could not understand him,
his apparent display and stle of leadership in nothing more than
favouratism and nepotism, mapping out 200 billion naira for the first
northern agricultural summit, that i could not understand
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by ojimboIV: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2008
bro. mike is somewhere chilling with his small stout. xmas came very early for him. he's probably masterminding some next level conspiracy stunts. in my books aondoakaa 1 - 0.
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by biolabee(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2008
hehe mikey the champion!
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by jakaluju: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2008
If God wants the man off aso rock,he does not need supreme court to do that-lets believe that God reigns.Remember that there was no election that took Joseph to the palace in Egypt.God is in control!
Re: Yar'adua Stays As Supreme Court Upholds Election by Ezenwenyi(m): 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2008
The supreme court have once again disappointed Nigerians.Posterity will judge the supreme court.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIG Mbu Replies Amaechi / The Economist Hails Gej's Govt. Great Job GEJ!!! - Cramjones / Buhari Sold Ikoyi Property To Fund Children's Education-dr Noble Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.