Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,661 members, 7,911,784 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:49 PM

Urgent! Yahoo-yahoo Reloaded: Now Targeting Fellow Nigerians For Money Transfer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Urgent! Yahoo-yahoo Reloaded: Now Targeting Fellow Nigerians For Money Transfer (989 Views)

Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / Picture Of Young Men With Laptops: Yahoo-Yahoo? / Yahoo Yahoo Boys On Fortune Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent! Yahoo-yahoo Reloaded: Now Targeting Fellow Nigerians For Money Transfer by realK: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Be warned! Do not send money to your family or acquaintances based on email request alone. Always confirm on phone.

I got this:

On Mon, 29/12/14, Somebody I know (title) <correctemail@yahoo.com> wrote:
Subject: Urgent

Please kindly let me know if you receive my previous message? it's urgent
Best regards
Correct Signature
=====================================================
I replied as normal but because it was urgent and this person is my sister, I put a call through to Nigeria, and it was fake. But I still played along and are the rest of the conversation:
==================================================
Yahoo guy wrote:
I had a trip to Istanbul, Turkey for a short vacation and i was attacked on my way back to the hotel, i wasn't hurt but i lost my money, bank cards, mobile phone and my bag in the course of this attack. immediately contacted my bank in order to block my cards. Please i need you to help me with some amount of money.

I promise to refund your money as soon
as I return. I can't access a phone at the moment and I
don't have any cash on me, its very difficult here i
need your assistance, I had to come over to a local library
to mail you, Kindly let me know if you would be able to help
me out.
===================================================
I confirmed I could help, then the request came: 250k just like that as if I be ATM!
===================================================
Date: Monday, 29 December, 2014, 10:37

Thanks for your response
and for your concern towards my present situation I
can't access my account from where, I'm in a panic
now the total amount i need is 250,000 in Naira or any
amount you can help me with. please you need to help me have
it sent through Western Union money Transfer you can go to
any First Bank to send me the money through western union.
The only thing you will need to send me the money is my name
and location. i promise to refund you as soon as i get back,
here is the details you will need to use in sending it right
away please: I am sending the details that you will need to
send the money in jiffy.

Receivers Names: Somebody I know
Receivers Address: 2 Bostanci, 34744 Istanbul, Turkey

Thank you so much,Please once you are done
sending me the Money please help me write out the Money
transfer control number (MTCN). I look forward to hear from
you soon.

Best regards
=======End==========
Re: Urgent! Yahoo-yahoo Reloaded: Now Targeting Fellow Nigerians For Money Transfer by roqrules04(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
Cheap Scam

(1) (Reply)

Omg!!! Accident On Lagos Ibadan Express Road / Olamide Vs Phyno Who Does It Better? / Igbo Sons & Daughter's; Ezi Aha Ka Ego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.