Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,317 members, 7,907,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:07 PM

Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me (1483 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by jbdasilva(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
I did not get this as a mail from www.talkwithdasilva.com , this is actually a discussion I had with my colleague at the office before closing for the year.

While we were gisting at the office, we diverted to cheating issues and she told me that the last time she and her husband visited her father, he sat them down and right in presence of her husband; her father told her, she should take things easy with his husband.

He told her that, the guy will cheat and that she should just see it as normal thing if she does not want to die of hypertension or die young.

Immediately I chipped in and was like "Why in Gods name will your father tell you such a thing in the presence of your husband"?

If your father want to advice you on such issue, he should have called you aside and told you; him telling you that in the presence of your husband is a green card for him.

Your father is automatically telling you husband that even if he cheats on you, he won't have problem with it.

She was just looking at me as if am an alien, because she is sensing reason in what am saying.

So guys, do you think this my colleague father utterances are okay, especially when his daughter is newly married?
Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by dkronicle(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ur co worker's dad loves her very much cos i bliv her father was a cheat, and her father thinks that every masculine has the symptoms of cheatin within.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lol. I saw what you'd there.
Nice try, but I ain't clicking that link.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by deeptesting(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Insecurity is one big issue that destroys marriages and relationship... Her husband is not cheating on her neither is their any proof that he is cheating on her rather than focus on the advice of her father and continue to work on strengthening her relationship with hubby,she has decided to make something out of nothing... My Sister, if she allows that advice to continue to disturb her inner peace and joy which are necessary for cultivating her home and discussing it with every TOM,DICK & HARRY then she is on the path to making it come to pass..

I wish her good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by Opiosko: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2014
deeptesting:
Insecurity is one big issue that destroys marriages and relationship... Her husband is not cheating on her neither is their any proof that he is cheating on her rather than focus on the advice of her father and continue to work on strengthening her relationship with hubby,she has decided to make something out of nothing... My Sister, if she allows that advice to continue to disturb her inner peace and joy which are necessary for cultivating her home and discussing it with every TOM,DICK & HARRY then she is on the path to making it come to pass..

I wish her good luck.
Good points, but her old man is crude nd tactless

1 Like

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by EfemenaXY: 12:37am On Dec 30, 2014
Sounds like her "father" is an illiterate and/or polygamous man or both.

1 Like

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by 5minsmadness: 12:45am On Dec 30, 2014
Her father shouldn't have said that in front of her husband.

Unless of course there was a prior history of her always complaining to her father that she no longer trusts her husband.

It is possible the reason they went to see the old man was because she was always suspecting her husband and the man decided to take her to her father to talk about it.

Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 30, 2014
Nigerian parents producing damaged kids.
Kill your self confidence ☑
Kill your self esteem ☑
Make you feel you deserve less ☑
Teach you nonsense theories ☑
Their nonsense is " words of wisdom ☑
They arw always right ☑
Since they are older they insist they cant mislead you ☑

Parenting is not for everyone but we will never agree, we will follow like sheep, I must marry I must born, after that what next? No plans just make it up as you go

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by jbdasilva(m): 4:29am On Dec 30, 2014
The girl father is a Chronic runs man, as old as he is, women still chase him.. My colleague is just newly wedded and I don't think she has complained about her hubby cheating to her father before..

You know since her dad is a chronic womanizer, so he thinks all married men too are womanizers..

I am not against the advise her father gave her.. Of cause it is good to tell your daughter not to be too over protective on her husband but telling your daughter that she should allow her husband have girlfriends if he wants to in his presence is what I think is gross!
Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by tpia1982: 4:38am On Dec 30, 2014
why dont you stop attacking her father and face your own?

una nor get elders for una family?
Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by dims95(m): 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Interesting
Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
What a father undecided
Re: Please Help - My Father Is Advising My Husband To Cheat On Me by soulglo: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
aisha2:
Nigerian parents producing damaged kids.
Kill your self confidence ☑
Kill your self esteem ☑
Make you feel you deserve less ☑
Teach you nonsense theories ☑
Their nonsense is " words of wisdom ☑
They arw always right ☑
Since they are older they insist they cant mislead you ☑

Parenting is not for everyone but we will never agree, we will follow like sheep, I must marry I must born, after that what next? No plans just make it up as you go

The mind set is that as long as you can get a woman pregnant or push out a baby then you can parent a child. We have a long way to go

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / What Name/names Would You Prefer For Your Unborn Child/children?? / I Did This To Save My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.