Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) (33432 Views)

Dollar 'palaver': Prostitute Stabs Man Over Price Increase / Mechanic Stabs Friend To Death Over Ex-girlfriend / American Jailed For ‘pinging’ In Court In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by waternogeteneny: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2014
[size=18pt]Robbery and Grievous Bodily harm, are the correct charges here and not the lesser charge of assault and stealing.[/size]
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Natasha2(f): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2014
lmao Samsung iphone?

We thank God for his life.

Meanwhile we should be very careful, we have mad men and women walking in clean clothes.
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Whizpeter(m): 9:36am On Dec 30, 2014
adrelanine:
A mechanic, Olajide Olaniran, has stabbed a 34-year-old man, Julius Joseph, for allegedly pinging on the road while driving in the Ijaiye area of Lagos State.

Our correspondent gathered that Joseph was returning from a bank in the area to withdraw money when Olaniran, who was in a Toyota Corolla, blocked the road and accused him of pinging and driving.

It was, however, learnt that Joseph was checking an alert he received on his phone when the incident occured.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Joseph challenged the 42-year-old mechanic for driving against the traffic and both men alighted from their cars.

Following an altercation between the two, Olaniyan, who hails from Ibadan, Oyo State, allegedly used a bottle to stab Joseph after which he made off with his (Joseph’s) two phones and N5,000.

The victim reportedly slumped at the spot having lost much blood. He was said to have been rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, and was later referred to the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi for intensive care.

Our correspondent learnt that the suspect was arrested after the incident was reported at the Meiran Police Station.

A prosecutor, Lugard Ahonle, subsequently brought him before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court sitting in Ijaiye on five counts bordering on assault and stealing.

The charges read in part, “That you, Olajide Olaniran, on October 8, 2014 at about 5pm at Jolaco Filling Station, Obadeyi, Ijaiye, Lagos State, in the Ikeja Magisterial District, did assault one Julius Joseph, by beating him up for challenging you while driving against the traffic with your Toyota Corolla saloon car.

“That you, on the same date, time and place, in the aforesaid magisterial district, did attempt to kill one Julius Joseph by stabbing him severally on his two hands over an argument between the two of you.

“That you did steal a Samsung iPhone valued at N60,000, Q10 BlackBerry valued at N98,000 and a sum of N5,000, property of one Julius Joseph.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the offences, which the police said contravened sections 55, 170, 243, 285, 404, Vol. 44 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

The presiding magistrate, Mrs. T. Akani, admitted him to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

Akani adjourned the case till January 26, 2015 for mention.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/mechanic-stabs-man-for-pinging-while-driving/

A Samsung iPhone abi? I see
and a blackberry Q10 is now N98,000 abi?
What won't I hear in this country of mine
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Applaner: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2014
so mechanics now move along wit bottles.

how are dey different from arm robbers?
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by apparentlylaw(m): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2014
Samsung don get I phone
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2014
Samsung iphone? Hmmm, the mechanic steal one nokia tourch light phone and techno android, this man come talk say na samsung Iphone and blackberry q10
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by leonn(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2014
yes oooo
frustratedman:
BUHARI TIL 2019

SAI BUHARI cool
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by html14java(f): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2014
MillionDollars:

that 2009-2019 is the number of year u will b banned on nairaland!
Watchout
Yes daddy
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by calaway: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2014
adrelanine:
A mechanic, Olajide Olaniran, has stabbed a 34-year-old man, Julius Joseph, for allegedly pinging on the road while driving in the Ijaiye area of Lagos State.

Our correspondent gathered that Joseph was returning from a bank in the area to withdraw money when Olaniran, who was in a Toyota Corolla, blocked the road and accused him of pinging and driving.

It was, however, learnt that Joseph was checking an alert he received on his phone when the incident occured.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Joseph challenged the 42-year-old mechanic for driving against the traffic and both men alighted from their cars.

Following an altercation between the two, Olaniyan, who hails from Ibadan, Oyo State, allegedly used a bottle to stab Joseph after which he made off with his (Joseph’s) two phones and N5,000.

The victim reportedly slumped at the spot having lost much blood. He was said to have been rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, and was later referred to the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi for intensive care.

Our correspondent learnt that the suspect was arrested after the incident was reported at the Meiran Police Station.

A prosecutor, Lugard Ahonle, subsequently brought him before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court sitting in Ijaiye on five counts bordering on assault and stealing.

The charges read in part, “That you, Olajide Olaniran, on October 8, 2014 at about 5pm at Jolaco Filling Station, Obadeyi, Ijaiye, Lagos State, in the Ikeja Magisterial District, did assault one Julius Joseph, by beating him up for challenging you while driving against the traffic with your Toyota Corolla saloon car.

“That you, on the same date, time and place, in the aforesaid magisterial district, did attempt to kill one Julius Joseph by stabbing him severally on his two hands over an argument between the two of you.

“That you did steal a Samsung iPhone valued at N60,000, Q10 BlackBerry valued at N98,000 and a sum of N5,000, property of one Julius Joseph.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the offences, which the police said contravened sections 55, 170, 243, 285, 404, Vol. 44 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

The presiding magistrate, Mrs. T. Akani, admitted him to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

miscreant perpetuate violence with impunity when they know there is somebody big and evil looking out for them (image an armed robbery case reduced to assault and stealing and bail granted for 100k less then the value of the loot taken). evil big People like buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by pak: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2014
maxit2:
Well he should simply plead NOT GUILTY cos part of the charges read that he stole a SAMSUNG iPHONE. shocked

I thought I was the only one that noticed this. The prosecutor must be living under a rock !
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Ninilowo(m): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2014
nairalife2013:
Dis kind muscle man no fit defend himself against assaualt from a fellow man. He just sat there admiring his once-smooth skin and probably whinning like a little puppy coming back home from a lost battle! Am damn!! My two year old girl who will soon receive a tots'black belt can jackie chan dis dude!!! Well, sorry. Thank God tho d other guy didnt yank ya neck off. Next time be more careful and never try to take d law into ya own hands.
grin
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Ninilowo(m): 10:01am On Dec 30, 2014
maxit2:
Well he should simply plead NOT GUILTY cos part of the charges read that he stole a SAMSUNG iPHONE. shocked
Me too dey wonder ooo. Ewo tun ni SAMSUNG IPHONE
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by deucelaw: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2014
People just wake up one day...and its trouble they want to cause for themselves and others....
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Originalsly: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2014
Hmmm....."Joseph was returning from a bank to withdraw money..."
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Orikinla(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2014
[size=28pt]It is wrong to use your phone while driving. Majority of Nigerians do so and cause road accidents. Only fools make call and text and answer calls and reply texts while driving. Yes, anyone who does so is a fool.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by LewisO: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2014
nairalife2013:
Dis kind muscle man no fit defend himself against assaualt from a fellow man. He just sat there admiring his once-smooth skin and probably whinning like a little puppy coming back home from a lost battle! Am damn!! My two year old girl who will soon receive a tots'black belt can jackie chan dis dude!!! Well, sorry. Thank God tho d other guy didnt yank ya neck off. Next time be more careful and never try to take d law into ya own hands.
Why are u typing this crap?

It happened unexpectedly, if u were in that position u will experience such.

The mechanic stabbed him just because he was pinging with with his own personally phone, the mechanic as a psychological problem, I think they should check his brain something is missing somewhere, he his only under the skin of a human.

For Christ sake sympathize for the innocent fellow. angry

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2014
Olajide Olaniran

Oshe!
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by thomasjoe(m): 11:18am On Dec 30, 2014
You see the Pix of the person whey stab am ? ......Half Baked Philosophy!
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]It is wrong to use your phone while driving. Majority of Nigerians do so and cause road accidents. Only fools make call and text and answer calls and reply texts while driving. Yes, anyone who does so is a fool.
[/size]

So that justifies the action of his assailant right? Your stupidity is as big as the font you used in typing this post. I am not surprised that you are in support of the guy's action. Your people are only good in using miniature weapons only when you want to rob someone of their possessions but when faced with real threat withdraw as cowards which you are!

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Gemc3(f): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2014
err. . . . . . SAMSUNG iPHONE?. . . .Q10 98K?? shocked

Na wa o. . .
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by sayatyadebayor(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2014
frustratedman:
BUHARI TIL 2019

SAI BUHARI cool

buhari for uw 9ja go better pass
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Ferdinandu(m): 11:51am On Dec 30, 2014
Teammi:
this country self
Can't the Mod ban this guy for spamming the whole pages with this offesive advert.
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by lawrenceunaa: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
[b]“That you did steal a Samsung iPhone valued at N60,000, Q10 BlackBerry valued at N98,000 and a sum of N5,000, property of one Julius Joseph.[/b]Which one is samsung iphone undecided
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by Bimpe29: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
nairalife2013:
You know that you are not serious. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by ArcToyin(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
adrelanine:

thank God he didnt die
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by chemmerfrank(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
"Lol you did steal a SAMSUNG i- PHONE" the judge don merge apple and Samsung...??
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by delishpot: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mad people every where. Shey na this kian news person go hear finish, come still go fight for road?
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by DaBullIT(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
Teammi:
this country self

[size=22pt]Guy , nobody wan see your blog, you no dey respect yourself ? ? ? people don visit am and dem disappoint come , no dey mumu yourself here , Na election things and money dey rain so , nobody wan do toto things

stop this spam or loose your account on Nairaland [/size]
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by wezzyjasified(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
maxit2:
abi o..never heard of that product b4.. lol
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by nairalife2013(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
LewisO:

Why are u typing this crap?

It happened unexpectedly, if u were in that position u will experience such.

The mechanic stabbed him just because he was pinging with with his own personally phone, the mechanic as a psychological problem, I think they should check his brain something is missing somewhere, he his only under the skin of a human.

For Christ sake sympathize for the innocent fellow. angry
well, u are the only one that has made quite some sense, lafta no gree d rest of d commentators hold dem eyes straight grin
Now to d point- i had a similar situation a month ago. I was driving at one junction when i noticed a byke man in my rear mirror yelling furiously at me and trailing my car and banging my boot with all his might! I pulled over and d man parkd his byke and dash at me. Before i knew what happend a hard blow had already blistered my face!
I hav never fought again since primary sch when a classroom fight with my classmate left d young guy wiith a deep cut to his neck sustained when i swooped him up and return him back on a pinacle-edged writting table. It was just a result of the anger of an innocent boy, not macho brawl!
In this case, i stood there dazed by d man's blow. "What! Why?" Was all i could mutter to d man. Before i knew what, a man from behind landed d guy a heavier blow on the bak of his head, rushed him and they where all down in a minute. People had already gathered and many were cursing and swearing at d guy who hit me first. Am not good at seperating fight too! When alast they were seperated he was staggering. U know what a blow from d bak of d head could cause. When asked the man said i was using my fon to make call and i nearly hit him! This was wrong cause i took my fon and glance at d screen to confirm it was charging and just kept it right back on the spot. On hearing what happened people cursed d man som more and swore if they were d one so assaulted for no just reason the man would be in d mortuary by now. One chap said: i for just keep quite after d blow and do as i hav forgotten about it then enter my car and pull out d jack or somethin metal and down d guy once and for all IN SELF DEFENCE.

Well, Lewis dear, dont mind dan seals father o- reckon somthimes u hav to fight wen u are a man; sometimes also, u hav to walk away without saying sorry. Som folks are really mischievous and belingrent. But i actually said sorry in this one. Read my post well u will understand am a forgiving man and for the sake of my family and God, i will always turn the other cheek, if that is what u want...thatz if those boko boys dont com down south to attack my family and my niger delta people o!
Coincidentally the man dat hit me was an hausa man cause he was yelling"sai nkeshe ka!" Meaning I Wil Kill Uor somtin close to dat In hausa as he was walking towards me.
I walked to him at d end of d brawl and told him " mallam, ni dang uwa nka ne fa.walahi, 'i' no du whel atal atal" and walk away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by gbodimowo(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
otijah:
The topic is a bit confusing, this incident happened since october not like it happened yesterday

You are right
Re: Mechanic Stabs Man For Pinging While Driving In Lagos (Photo) by LewisO: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
nairalife2013:
well, u are the only one that has made quite some sense, lafta no gree d rest of d commentators hold dem eyes straight grin
Now to d point- i had a similar situation a month ago. I was driving at one junction when i noticed a byke man in my rear mirror yelling furiously at me and trailing my car and banging my boot with all his might! I pulled over and d man parkd his byke and dash at me. Before i knew what happend a hard blow had already blistered my face!
I hav never fought again since primary sch when a classroom fight with my classmate left d young guy wiith a deep cut to his neck sustained when i swooped him up and return him back on a pinacle-edged writting table. It was just a result of the anger of an innocent boy, not macho brawl!
In this case, i stood there dazed by d man's blow. "What! Why?" Was all i could mutter to d man. Before i knew what, a man from behind landed d guy a heavier blow on the bak of his head, rushed him and they where all down in a minute. People had already gathered and many were cursing and swearing at d guy who hit me first. Am not good at seperating fight too! When alast they were seperated he was staggering. U know what a blow from d bak of d head could cause. When asked the man said i was using my fon to make call and i nearly hit him! This was wrong cause i took my fon and glance at d screen to confirm it was charging and just kept it right back on the spot. On hearing what happened people cursed d man som more and swore if they were d one so assaulted for no just reason the man would be in d mortuary by now. One chap said: i for just keep quite after d blow and do as i hav forgotten about it then enter my car and pull out d jack or somethin metal and down d guy once and for all IN SELF DEFENCE.

Well, Lewis dear, dont mind dan seals father o- reckon somthimes u hav to fight wen u are a man; sometimes also, u hav to walk away without saying sorry. Som folks are really mischievous and belingrent. But i actually said sorry in this one. Read my post well u will understand am a forgiving man and for the sake of my family and God, i will always turn the other cheek, if that is what u want...thatz if those boko boys dont com down south to attack my family and my niger delta people o!
Coincidentally the man dat hit me was an hausa man cause he was yelling"sai nkeshe ka!" Meaning I Wil Kill Uor somtin close to dat In hausa as he was walking towards me.
I walked to him at d end of d brawl and told him " mallam, ni dang uwa nka ne fa.walahi, 'i' no du whel atal atal" and walk away.

Anything involves fight I don't like getting into it, coz I don't know what it can heed to, so I exclude myself away from it because I am not a "losa", a lot of victims as happened, to the extent of going to jail, and waste lot of there precious and innocent lifes in there earning nothing! there are some pple who are just so much crazy in provoking us, so as a matured man what will u do than to ignore their ignorance ignoramus behaviour, they will approach u discourteously to just wanna know what u're up to for no reason, I never come against some guys who rush and get there own private ride, they aim for there own car as fast as possible, all just to stay away from all this gavages, so bro u are such a responsible man with this your statement just do away from them so as not get into it... U know what I mean. A lot happen but we cant just type it all.

Well done! thumb up bro! this are the kind of folks I like quoting me with a matured attitude, u deserve 1000 "Likes" with this your write-up, if I have the chance to "Like" more than ones i will give u 10 "Likes"... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Fingering 18-Month-Old Girl In Lagos (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Eight Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja / Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Student Shot Dead By Cultists (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.