Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,014 members, 7,912,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:21 PM

Help I Cannot See My Drive When Trying To Format My Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help I Cannot See My Drive When Trying To Format My Pc (545 Views)

How Can I Format My Acer Laptop Back To Factory Settings Pls Nairalander. / How Do I Clean Up My Drive? / Help: Disk Encryption Process Interrupted & My Drive Is No Longer Seen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help I Cannot See My Drive When Trying To Format My Pc by celekuti: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Please a plea, I dual booted my system with windows 8 and backtrack, now the backtrack was working but the windows 8 refused. Now when I wanted to remove the backtrack by trying to do a fresh installation of windows,it will start but when i get to the point of selecting the drive to install windows on, it will tell me that no drive is available. my hard disk is good and working well because as of now, the working backtrack still opens but I really need to get back to windows. Please can someone help..Pls help me or recommend me to someone that can help plsssss.
Re: Help I Cannot See My Drive When Trying To Format My Pc by weezii(m): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
Are you trying to format it by go in straight with your cd or have you booted from the windows installation disc?
Re: Help I Cannot See My Drive When Trying To Format My Pc by F22RAPTOR(m): 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
appears like you have messed up the file system on your HDD. happens when you don't properly install Linux based OSs in dual boot mode with say MS windows Os. try this:
1. boot into backtrack,
2. try to partition your HDD (shrink it as done in windows os). use Gparted
3. format the new part u have 'cut out' in NTFS.
4. Reinstall windows in that new part.( u should be able to see it now).
5. but windows boot loader messes up grub, so you won't be able to boot to Linux again.
6. to solve dis just reinstall Linux to the old partition
7. Grub will see both operating systems. hope it helps.
note: its better to use backtrack as a live cd especially when you are new to the linux environment in order to avoid all these. Also u need to properly install linux . look for tuts online

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elite Book 8460p Core I7 For Sale 85k / Need Experienced Advice On Starting A Computer Sales Business / Portharcourt:elitebook 640 G2 I5-6300u 2.40 Ddr4 8gbhdd 512gb W7 Bluetooth,wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.