Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,334 members, 7,974,420 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:24 AM

How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? (2088 Views)

How To Be Genuinely Born Again / Finally, I Am Genuinely Born-again After Past Years Of Going 'back And Forth' / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
I am ready but I need help to know how to genuinely get born agai n. May God help me. According to the bible, the time is short. I don't want to go to hell. I saw something frigthning and I think God loves me to have seen it. Genuine born again xtian only are welcome here. Pls
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by xpac01(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
For...
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Only genuine xtians here pls no pranks
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by emmyskies(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bless be the LORD for your soul, the battle has just begun, you have just unsheathed your sword, be ready, it's gonna be a very bloody battle. You now have sworn enemies that will do everything possible to bring you down to hell. Be very careful. I will be posting ways you can be geniunely born again by GOD's grace. But for now, battery low.

Pls and pls, be very careful, coz darkness have transformed into angel of light to deceive.

Blessed be the name of the LORD both now and forever more, Amen
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by christaddicted: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
-Keep to His will. Psalm 119:9
-Love God with all your heart. Surrender all to Him.
-Pray always as a means of communication to Him.
-Study the Word everyday of your life. At least 16 chapters in a day.
-Fast: all sorts of pleasure should be put aside during this fast. Infact keep a fasted-life if you can.

By doing the above, I hear Him speak to me using His Word(bible) as a backing. He revealed Himself to me. I see Him manifesting His power through me. My life was transformed, I began to walk in holiness & so concious of righteousness than concious of sin. Most times I feel His covering over me like a cloud, canopy or dew.

I understand this three acts of righteousness as I summarize which are:
-Pray
-Study the Word
-Fast

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
emmyskies:
Bless be the LORD for your soul, the battle has just begun, you have just unsheathed your sword, be ready, it's gonna be a very bloody battle. You now have sworn enemies that will do everything possible to bring you down to hell. Be very careful. I will be posting ways you can be geniunely born again by GOD's grace. But for now, battery low.

Pls and pls, be very careful, coz darkness have transformed into angel of light to deceive.

Blessed be the name of the LORD both now and forever more, Amen
Thank you Broda. I have determined to hold on till d end. I can feel some ease in me with ur comment. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
christaddicted:
-Keep to His will. Psalm 119:9
-Love God with all your heart. Surrender all to Him.
-Pray always as a means of communication to Him.
-Study the Word everyday of your life. At least 16 chapters in a day.
-Fast: all sorts of pleasure should be put aside during this fast. Infact keep a fasted-life if you can.

By doing the above, I hear Him speak to me using His Word(bible) as a backing. He revealed Himself to me. I see Him manifesting His power through me. My life was transformed, I began to walk in holiness & so concious of righteousness than concious of sin. Most times I feel His covering over me like a cloud, canopy or dew.

I understand this three acts of righteousness as I summarize which are:
-Pray
-Study the Word
-Fast
There is something that happens to someone that makes all this acts easy and becomes a way of life for one. That is what am asking for.
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by Cuneddy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
jidowu84:

There is something that happens to someone that makes all this acts easy and becomes a way of life for one. That is what am asking for.
take the first step bro dats is goin to follow up in ur church, den start reading ur bible,dnt just read it for reading sake let ur being loose,sometimes you will hav the urge to sing,pls wen you do dnt hold back no matter wia you are just sing and watch wat happens after.pm me for more qstions.
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by johnw74: 4:08am On Dec 31, 2014
Seek and you will find, you are seeking the lord, you want to be born again. He will give you faith to be saved, it is a gift from God just for seeking Him.

Mat_7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Once God has given you faith in Jesus Christ, you follow the leadings of the Holy spirit who does good works in you. You don't have to do anything to be saved, you are saved by God through your faith which also God gave to you, so you cannot take any credit for being saved, if you have the thought to help someone, that is the Holy Spirit working in you, be lead by the Spirit.

We are not saved by works, but we are lead by God to do good works once we are saved.
Do God's works, it's simple, He want's all to be saved.

Some say because they are saved they can do anything even live a sinful lifestyle.
The Holy Spirit would not lead a saved person to live a sinful lifestyle, so I believe all those "once saved always saved preachers" who say, once saved you can do anything, are wrong.

I believe once saved we do follow the Spirit's leadings.
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by christaddicted: 5:36am On Dec 31, 2014
jidowu84:

jidowu84:

What happened to me was I hunger & thirst after righteousness and I was filled with love, passion & zeal for JESUS.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 10:54am On Dec 31, 2014
Cuneddy:
take the first step bro dats is goin to follow up in ur church, den start reading ur bible,dnt just read it for reading sake let ur being loose,sometimes you will hav the urge to sing,pls wen you do dnt hold back no matter wia you are just sing and watch wat happens after.pm me for more qstions.
Wow
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by twosquare(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
jidowu84:
I am ready but I need help to know how to genuinely get born agai n. May God help me. According to the bible, the time is short. I don't want to go to hell. I saw something frigthning and I think God loves me to have seen it. Genuine born again xtian only are welcome here. Pls
you're born again once and for all but if you're saying to be born of water and spirit- then you want to become like CHRIST soul and body) YOu want to go higher in the spirit and be righteous like the saints of old. Just ask for one thing in ur prayer everyday. Add it in ur supplications: Lord give me sight. Let me see.

As the Yoruba will say: nnkan too ba ri ni waa da.(Whatever you see, that you will become). Pray the prayers in Ephesians 1:17-18 ). That's all you need.
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by waldigit: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
jidowu84:

The word born again means God changing your spirit
From stubborn one to new one that can accept His will. Ezekiel 36:25-26
You the should be ready for other stages to be able to stand till the end. Other stage include baptism of holy ghost, deliverance, justification and sanctification. These stages are important because your new spirit is still going to live in old body which is subject to lust of eye, lust of flesh and pride of life.
See you in heaven some day. Shalom
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by johnw74: 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
If you do right you are born of God, by their fruits you will know them.

1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

But I believe being born again, spoken off by Jesus and Peter in the following verses means being born immortal which happens in the twinkling of an eye at the catching up to the Lord in the clouds in the air for Christians of faith and those who have died in Christ.

1Pe_1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by Kei144(m): 12:05am On Jan 01, 2015
Ep. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Ro. 5:10 For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Sin made human beings to become enemies of God, because sin is manifestation of the spirit of Satan. But God reconciled mankind to Himself through the blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross. Even though God has reconciled mankind to Himself on a general basis, each individual still has to accept or reject the reconciliation.

Mt. 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Reconciliation to God begins with repentance. Repentance means to reject sin. Sin is what alienated us from the tree of life. Now Jesus Christ has brought the tree of life near to us and only sin can prevent us from eating the fruit of the tree of life. So, we need to reject sin in its entirety.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Following repentance, the person must be baptized into Jesus Christ, just like Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan. If any form of baptism was administered to you before your decision to repent, you need to be properly baptized in water (Acts 19:1-5).

Ro. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?

2Co. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Through the baptism, you declare your old self crucified with Jesus Christ. As you rise up from the water of baptism, you reckon yourself to be a new creation. The old you that followed the sinful way of the old Adam is dead and buried in the baptismal water; a new you has emerged to follow the righteousness of Jesus Christ. You are born again!

Mt. 6:31 So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?’ or `What shall we drink?’ or `What shall we wear?’
Mt. 6:32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Mt. 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Col. 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Col. 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Now that you are born again, focus all your attention on getting the kingdom of God; to get the kingdom of God is to eat the fruit of the tree of life, the bread of God. Do not let things of this world bother you, because when you eat the bread of God, the things of this world will be yours as well. To eat the bread of God means to become just like Jesus Christ was during his earthly ministry. Is it possible, you ask?

Mt. 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/12/22/manifestation/manifestation.pdf
https://www.nairaland.com/2053695/manifestation-god-human-being
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by emmyskies(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
jidowu84:

Thank you Broda. I have determined to hold on till d end. I can feel some ease in me with ur comment. God bless u.

GOD bless you too.
First and foremost, restitution. This is very important aspect of salvation most christians ignore. Salvation is unto man and unto man and unto GOD, GOD has a role to play while we have our will to serve Him, that's why the cross points both upward- to GOD and sidewards- to men.

Search through all you belongings, ransack you things and seperate whatever belongs to you from those that don't. Note, your things are only that which you bought with your money or earned as a gift or prize, including that which was willingly given to you.
Every other thing should be singled out -things you found,things you collected, things you borrowed, things left with you. They should all be returned to their owners.

Also, everybody you're not in good terms with, one way or the other, whether you offended them or they offended you, make peace with all.

Pray whilst doing these.

This is step one
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by Eben2: 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
Hello poster, I will like to give you practical way for obtaining genuine salvation but first, i want you to go through my own personal encounter with the God of salvation. Please check this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1512964/jesus-only-way-heaven-muslim/1#19559173

In the mean time, read this:

IT IS A PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE!

Like Adam and Eve, you have a choice: to choose Life and live or to choose sin and die. But if you would allow Jesus into your life today, He will destroy sin (and other works of the devil) from your life completely. He did it in my life and He can do it in yours. God is not interested in religion and I am not preaching to you religion but the power of God to make you His son, to make you live a holy life even in this evil and corrupt world.
I was told this several times too but I really didn’t believe it or commit it to heart and so I continued to wallow in my sin until Jesus found me. Although I was born into an ifa (Yoruba indigenous oracle) family, I grew up to attend church occasionally but I never knew God. I grew into adulthood and my sinful life grew too. I grew to become a terrible fornicator – a sex addict (at this time I was a regular church attendee and sometimes participated in church activities but I did not know God), I was a terrible liar and a thief. I was working in HR department of a bank then and I would give job to people who didn’t have certificate in as much as they were able to pay. I aborted several pregnancies. Most times I was not happy with the life I was living but I could not help it. Even on Nairaland, I was a bad boy! If I give you the name I was using then, you will understand what I mean.

Later, I felt the only solution to my sex problem (which seemed to be the most difficult of my lifestyle) was to get married. I did get married to my only sweetheart, the only woman I ever loved thinking I would not be able to cheat on her. Truly, I did stop for some months, but when I started again, it became worse than it used to be. I could not live two days without sex! I had chains of girlfriends, even went to the extent of sleeping with my wife’s sister (not blood related) and had a relationship with my landlady’s daughter. Upon all these, I would still visit brothels for the prostitutes. My life was marred with dirtiness! My wife would cry her eyes out but it didn’t stop me.

Then a day came, December 5th of a beautiful year. It was a Sunday. I with my family went to the church as usual. The Friday preceding this day, I met two girls and had appointment to see them in different hotels on that beautiful Sunday. So, I was praying silently that the preacher would be quick with his sermon so I could meet up with my appointments. Minutes into the message, I didn’t know how it happened, I saw myself in the state I really was: a sinner with a very heavy load of sin, needing a savior. I felt so heavy and fell on my knees with tears all over my face. I knelt and bent down in shame and asked the savior to help me. I confessed my sins as many as I could remember and asked for forgiveness. I wept with a heavy heart and suddenly, it was as if a load was lifted off my neck and felt so free and an overflow of an emotion I never felt before filled my soul – joy! I knelt down weeping but I stood up with smiles of joy. There and then, was the victory that Jesus alone gives handed over to me and I became free. I was given a direct access to God Himself and a fellowship I am not willing to trade for anything else!

Right after, my life changed! Everybody around me noticed something different in me; my colleagues at work, my numerous girls, my family and most of all, my wife. She was born and bred a muslim but when she saw my changed lifestyle, she asked for how she could experience it too and the way was shown to her and she joyfully embraced it.

My dear brothers and sisters, Christians in name and Muslims alike, if you have not experienced this, what are you waiting for? Religion? Don’t deceive yourself; allow God to set you free through the sacrifice of His only begotten Son! Do it and do it NOW!
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
hmmmn I may need to talk to u.
Re: How Do I Get Genuinely Born Again? by jidowu84: 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
emmyskies:

GOD bless you too.
First and foremost, restitution. This is very important aspect of salvation most christians ignore. Salvation is unto man and unto man and unto GOD, GOD has a role to play while we have our will to serve Him, that's why the cross points both upward- to GOD and sidewards- to men.

Search through all you belongings, ransack you things and seperate whatever belongs to you from those that don't. Note, your things are only that which you bought with your money or earned as a gift or prize, including that which was willingly given to you.
Every other thing should be singled out -things you found,things you collected, things you borrowed, things left with you. They should all be returned to their owners.

Also, everybody you're not in good terms with, one way or the other, whether you offended them or they offended you, make peace with all.

Pray whilst doing these.

This is step one
I to talk to you. d

(1) (Reply)

Soul-lifting Worship Songs / I Rejected Private Jet Gift —apostle Johnson Suleman (see Who Gave Him A JET) / Who Is The Judge On The Judgement Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.