Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,026 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN (967 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Spanish Court Issues Arrest Warrant For Israeli PM Netanyahu / Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Prior to the vote, Netanyahu spoke to the presidents of Nigeria and Rwanda, asking them not to support the Palestinian draft resolution. Both abstained from the vote. (Barak Ravid)
http://www.haaretz.com/mobile/1.634596
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by datguru: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2014
Hmmmm, I'm observing in 3D
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by nnachukz(m): 7:40am On Dec 31, 2014
Isreal can you supply us military hardware? Get it from US and shift to us.
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by aperture11: 7:42am On Dec 31, 2014
Wow, so the US that wouldn't sell us weapons to defeat our domestic enemy can hand twist us into abstaining. According to your source, "12:37 A.M. Nigeria was the country that determined the result of the UNSC vote; it moved from supporting the Palestinian resolution to abstaining. (Barak Ravid)"

"Palestinian sources told Haaretz that the U.S. put heavy pressure on several states to abstain from the vote. According to estimations, countries like South Korea and Nigeria decided against supporting the bid due to U.S. pressure. (Jack Khoury)"

Well I am observing too.
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 31, 2014
are you serious? this is what happens when you go to israel to pray [GEJ]

1 Like

Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 31, 2014
hope the Israelis reciprocate
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by cooljude(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Nigeria voted for national interest instead of the usual religious sentiment. I support the vote.

1 Like

Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2014
cooljude:
Nigeria voted for national interest instead of the usual religious sentiment. I support the vote.
Exactly What does Nigeria Stand to gain from Palestine.
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by LogicPower(m): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2014
cooljude:

Try to learn more about the Palestinian conflict, you would find that it is far less about religion than you think.
Re: Israeli PM Netanyahu Called Jonathan Not To Support Palestine Statehood At UN by cooljude(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2014
LogicPower:

Try to learn more about the Palestinian conflict, you would find that it is far less about religion than you think.

I bet that if we where to argue about that conflict i would trash you with the knowledge i have concerning that issue. Yes Israel has occupied alot of Palestine's land and probably they would never return most of the land. But for a palestine side bringing out a resolution that calls Jerusalem their capital, haha, u don't need anybody to tell you that it would never go through in the United Nation. Now knowing the situation of Nigeria and how we have being beggining the western world(US) for support. Do you think it is in the best interest to stake your head in an issue that you know would not be conclusive. Until Nigeria and Africa start having full dependency on themselve they would continue to be push overs and political beggers.

(1) (Reply)

The Newyorktimes- Beleaguered, Nigerians Seek To Restore A General To Power / Bauchi Attack On Jonathan Tears PDP Apart... APC Seeks Probe / "Nigerians Are Useless"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.