Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:47 AM

Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message (1200 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / READ: General Sanni Abacha's Speech After Overthrowing Sonekan / General Buhari's Military Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by prettyjennifer(f): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
The presidential candidate on the platform of the opposition All Progressive Congress (APC) General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) greeted Nigerians with coming 2015 New Year.

It should be noted that General Buhari is key opponent of incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 general elections.

Read his message in full below:

“As we welcome the year 2015, I have shared a message to Nigerians in general, but I find it crucial to send another message directly to Nigeria’s youth, who are the major stakeholders of this enterprise.

The year 2014 was a challenging one for most citizens of our dear country.

We remember our compatriots who were brutishly killed or maimed by evil terrorists in 2014. I remember with a still broken heart that 219 of our children from Chibok are yet missing, let down by a country that should protect them. I remember that, even as I speak, some of our towns and villages are yet under the occupation of Boko Haram.

Yes, it is enough for you to despair. It is enough for you to wonder if your country cares about you and can protect you. But do not despair.

2015 has arrived at a time of great discomfort; but the beauty of the New Year is that we can look forward with renewed hope and the knowledge that things can and will change.

In Nigeria’s case, we can truly look forward to the change that the elections can, and will, bring. Our country will be secure again. Our country will prosper again.

I have faith that 2015 is the year we shall begin to write a new story – a story of our youth creating jobs and expanding the frontiers of innovation and creativity everywhere from Mavin Records to the Co-Creation Hub; a story of genuine investment in our children and students be they in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka or in the Delta State University, Abraka; a country that finally makes a permanent shift from our debilitating dependence on the free-falling price of crude oil.

I have unshakeable faith that 2015 will be the year of change.

Now some of you have asked me: what exactly does ‘change’ mean?
I have taken time to explain this at different opportunities, but on this special day, let me remind you in five short statements.

Change means:

A country that you can be proud of at anytime and anywhere: where corruption is punished, where your leaders are disciplined and lead with vision and clarity; where the stories that emerge to the world from us are full of hope and progress.

A Nigeria in which neither yourselves, nor your parents, families or friends will have to fear for your safety, or for theirs.

A Nigeria where citizens get the basics that any country should provide: infrastructure that works, healthcare that is affordable, even free; respect for the environment and sustainable development, education that is competitive and outcome-oriented in a knowledge-economy.
A country that provides jobs for its young people, reducing unemployment to the lowest of single digits and providing safety nets so that no one is left behind.

A Nigeria where entrepreneurship thrives, enterprise flourishes and the government gets out of your way so that you can create value, build the economy and aggressively expand wealth.

Are these things truly possible? Of course. That is the essence and outcome of leadership, and that is what my party and I promise you as we get into 2015.

My dear friends, this New Year, more than ever before, I am hopeful about Nigeria.

Yes, you are disappointed and you are angry, as you are entitled to, but you must never give in to the temptation to feel so weighed down by those who have failed you that you lose your hope and your energy and your passion to see change. You must never give up on Nigeria.

Together, we can build a nation that is secure, prosperous and gives everyone a fair chance.

This is the promise that 2015 holds. That is the promise that change will bring. That is the promise that I bring to you.

Once again, I wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.

SOURCES: http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2014/12/read-general-buharis-fancinating-new.html

http://www.naij.com/351803-general-buharis-new-year-message-to-nigerian-youth.html

4 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by MuguliciousMUGU: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
prettyjennifer:

Change means:
A country that you can be proud of at anytime and anywhere: where corruption is punished, where your leaders are disciplined and lead with vision and clarity; where the stories that emerge to the world from us are full of hope and progress.
punish tinubu first, then we shall believe you, but for now GEJ till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
The peoples‘ General described the Nigeria of our dreams

SAI BUHARI

8 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by ofala(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Apt..

Two vital keys for real CHANGE captured: job creation and massive fight against corruption.

#GMB2015

4 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
smiley

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by hardebounty(m): 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nice one from d the General.. D challenges facing Nigeria were duly outlined.. #GMB2015 #Change #APC

3 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
CHANGE!
†нε General described "change" thus:

Change means:

CHANGE!!

2 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Adminisher: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
So I ask everybody. Is this a message from an unrepentant Islamic terrorist who has a grudge against western education or a disciplined but visionary president in waiting who knows that the power of Nigeria lies in its youth and will channel their energies positively to develop the country?. This is the choice we have. Against this we have a president who has squandered all the goodwill Nigerians gave him through over identification with the interests of a few billionaires, drunkenness, carelessness and lack of executive control of his administration and presidency. We have gone from surplus to deficit and we currently have a $39bn debt overhang growing by ten percent every year. The army has been disgraced, our girls are missing and the generals are corrupt. The CDS for instance cannot pass through the front door of his office . Nigeria's security and defence infrastructure was opened up untidily to all manner of enemies far and near when they finished spying on us the government threw them out and we are now moving eastwards where we should have been going in the first place. Let us vote out this corrupt, simpleton tool of a few business interests and vote in a real leader, tried and tested. GMB.

2 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by abrahym(m): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hit like if you have a voters card

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sai Buhari...we shall cry no more when you become President by May 29, 2015.

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by dat9jaguy(m): 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
In essence what Buhari is saying is that Naijas are talented,we should vote for him to create the right environment and required leadership
to tap into this talent and drive for a greater Nigeria.

Vote for Buhari for Positive Change.

3 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by egift(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Change 2015: Yes We Can!

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Ofunaofu: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Buhari is certainly the best we have now
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Caseless: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
Up up general(GMB)! Down down pdp(saTAN)!
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by EdCure: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
" It is ironic and saddening that while they preach to the downtrodden masses to tighten their belts and prepare for austere times, they continue to display nauseating indifference to our plight by raising billions of Naira for a project to further impoverish us".
--- Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole. 31 Dec., 2014.

Nigerians, be wise!

7 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by jamace(m): 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ofunaofu:
Buhari is certainly the best we have now
Abeg, tell Buhari that INEC needs his 'fascinating' academic records.
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
ObiChiz08:
CHANGE!
†нε General described "change" thus:

Change means:

CHANGE!!

my dictionary must either be too current or outdated if that is the meaning of change.

Happy new year!

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Caseless: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:

punish tinubu first, then we shall believe you, but for now GEJ till 2019.
duck!
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Caseless: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
barristerMDGs:

my dictionary must either be too current or outdated if that is the meaning of change.

Happy new year!
that's what is described as power of language or word. That ur parent name you 'victory' does not mean u are always victorious. If they call u 'promise' should not mean u keep promise or you are promising. Again , if u are called 'blessing', it does not mean you are a blessing to all. If you are a creative with the use of language, you don't restrict yourself to the dictionary meaning of all words , but a wider range of application to give a wider meaning.

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by superneutral(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
Vote Change 2015

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 01, 2015
barristerMDGs:

Happy new year!

Your dictionary is certainly outdated, go get †нε latest edition.
Best wishes for †нε year!

2 Likes

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by nofij(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2015
He has not said anything.
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 01, 2015
hahahahahahahaha beautiful words. But then we alll know ....how easy it is to lie, believe this at your own risk. Me i cannot be setting myself up for heartbreak by believing one word from the mouth of these so-called leaders...mitscheeewww!

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 01, 2015
Is there dogs and baboons in it? If no, then probably written by someone else
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Day169: 10:16am On Jan 01, 2015
..A very inspiring and thought provoking speech to bring hope to discerning Nigerians who yearn for "change".

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 01, 2015
"Fancinating"

Am I the only one smelling gbagaun? undecided
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2015
Obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

1 Like

Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by BrokenTV: 11:02am On Jan 01, 2015
He should shove his message under his A.ss.
Re: Read General Buhari's Fancinating New Year Message by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 01, 2015
Obiagelli:
Obinoscopy, ishilove, seun
My sister the thing tire me

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Declares For Second Term / Wife Of Oyo State Guber Aspirant Teslim Folarin Allegedly Shot At / EXPOSED: Jonathan’s Six Week Marshall Plan For Which Election Was Postponed Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.