Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,692 members, 7,889,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:43 AM

My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander (1013 Views)

Dickson Sanctions 500 Workers For Supporting APC / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State / APC; GMB/OSINBAJO 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION MANIFESTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
My reason for supporting APC/GMB is not because APC have better memebers or leaders, it is not because Buhari is a saint or the Messiah, it is not because Tinubu suddenly has turned to an angel or because Amaechi, Atiku, Oshimole, Oyegun and other APC bigwigs are now corrupt free.
It is because of a personal conviction. I have come to the understanding that voting for the opposition irrespective of a better alternative shall benefit the people (masses) in the long run.
Imagine If APC wins and failed to deliver on their promises come 2015-2019, it will be easier to kick them out and the new opposition (PDP) will do everything to highlight errors and also if PDP get back to power they would have learnt their lessons and would do so much for the people (masses).
APC/PDP will begin to do everything to impress the people cos it is only then it will dawn on both parties that power truly resides with the people. As long as PDP continue in power we may never know what it feels to truly exercise our power as voters. PDP probably may never realize how powerful our (masses) votes are until will change them.
PDP have been in power for too long and complacency has set in. It is not good for us as a country, they are taking us for granted and it's getting too much. Look at the Democrats and Republicans in US for example...Americans keep rotating them. PDP have too much self-belief that they will always retain power, come what may, either by nook or crook.
We were all tired of the PDP before GEJ came in. In 2011 we voted GEJ and not PDP because we thought it could be different with him. Jonathan could actually be a good person but for the people (PDP) around him.
And After 6years with little to show for our trust but corruption, killings, ethnic and religious divisions. In 2015 let's vote out PDP but not necessarily because of GEJ!

Change benefits the masses more than the political elites!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by aleem50(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
I rep you guy.

4 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is what 75% of those asking for change have in mind........you are not alone thinking in this direction.

4 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Adminisher: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
I am actually voting out GEJ. The PDP is a highly corrupt party but the weaknesses of GEJ amplifies the problem. The PDP was able to assemble a few but impressive honours list of ministers who have performed real well. Ministers like Adesina, Johnson, Aganga. Most of the other ministers are very heart bad and utterly corrupt.
What the PDP has been lacking was a stubborn, nasty leader like Obasanjo to put things under some control in terms pilot corruption and performance management of the very bad minister's like Moro. This Good luck has not been able to do and the result is that probably $200billion has been stolen under his watch, power generation is low, roads are in bad shape and we now have a new debt of $39billion down from a surplus of about $65billion ECA when Obj left.

4 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by FreeGlobe(f): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
ilugunboy:
This is what 75% of those asking for change have in mind........you are not alone thinking in this direction.
No you are lying. You want Yorubas to go back to Aso Rock. Can you and your ilks swear you didn't vote obasanjo massively for 2 term even when the same Buhari contested with him. hypocrite

8 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
op, I'm with you.

3 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
Everything the OP said resonate with me but there is something mind boggling that I need to find answers to.

APC is not any better than PDP but we need this change desperately, we need to try new hands but with how APC hardliners have been flinging Buhari's messiah-like status in the faces of other party members and neutrals (like myself), I have come to feel the need to ask that --- since APC from ground up, core and adopted members, the power house to the lowest ebb are known to be corrupt or have allegations of corruption hanging around them due to how some of their members have amassed wealth within a short period of being at helms of government without any known prior business generating profit of their worth how then is Buhari going to fight corruption when his house/'record label' is a house of corrupt ninjas? How is he going to stabilize the country when the make up of his springboard to power is corrupt (presumed/known to be)?

How is a person 'anti-corrupt' but mingling, frolicking and hobnobbing with the corrupts to get to the seat of power yet people tout 'he will fight corruption'?

I really don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
FreeGlobe:

No you are lying. You want Yorubas to go back to Aso Rock. Can you and your ilks swear you didn't vote obasanjo massively for 2 term even when the same Buhari contested with him. hypocrite

But I campaigned on this board and in offline for GEJ in 2011.......even when nobody know anyone like you here campaigning. He squandered the political goodwill invested in him by millions of Nigerians.

Your type are just fuccking opportunist...

7 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by ogbronx(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
Very true and what the op just wrote is supposed to be basic or common sense. Until our votes begin to count , the selected( not elected) elites would take us for granted . As things are today, the PDP has had more than enough time to do all it takes to make Nigeria an emerging world power and has failed . There is nothing wrong having healthy competitions from these two major political parties to make them both sit up.
I tell you, in the near future, if power changes between these two parties, youths and people with vision would be naturally sought after.Thus, refined individuals may start governing for the overall economic and political growth of this nation. Any true patriot dreams of this period.
For now, PDP has to leave temporarily because even the APC would need a strong PDP opposition.

3 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Collynzo22: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Adminisher:
I am actually voting out GEJ. The PDP is a highly corrupt party but the weaknesses of GEJ amplifies the problem. The PDP was able to assemble a few but impressive honours list of ministers who have performed real well. Ministers like Adesina, Johnson, Aganga. Most of the other ministers are very heart bad and utterly corrupt.
What the PDP has been lacking was a stubborn, nasty leader like Obasanjo to put things under some control in terms pilot corruption and performance management of the very bad minister's like Moro. This Good luck has not been able to do and the result is that probably $200billion has been stolen under his watch, power generation is low, roads are in bad shape and we now have a new debt of $39billion down from a surplus of about $65billion ECA when Obj left.
This one is just a core Tribalist.
Only Yoruba ministers are performing well and only a Yoruba President would have fought corruption.
Forgetting that the same President had ruled Nigeria for 11 years in total and only incresed corruption being an epitome of corruption himself.

1 Like

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
9jacrip:
Everything the OP said resonate with me but there is something mind boggling that I need to find answers to.

APC is not any better than PDP but we need this change desperately, we need to try new hands but with how APC hardliners have been flinging Buhari's messiah-like status in the faces of other party members and neutrals (like myself), I have come to feel the need to ask that --- since APC from ground up, core and adopted members, the power house to the lowest ebb are known to be corrupt or have allegations of corruption hanging around them due to how some of their members have amassed wealth within a short period of being at helms of government without any known prior business generating profit of their worth how then is Buhari going to fight corruption when his house/'record label' is a house of corrupt ninjas? How is he going to stabilize the country when the make up of his springboard to power is corrupt (presumed/known to be)?

How is a person 'anti-corrupt' but mingling, frolicking and hobnobbing with the corrupts to get to the seat of power yet people tout 'he will fight corruption'?

I really don't get it.

I don't have answers to that and I really don't care about how Buhari is going to tackle corruption with the corrupt people in his team.
To tell you the truth, there's no single politician that is a saint out there, if we are looking for saints to come and rule us we are chasing goose, they all have some level of corruption in them and yes even Buhari! The important thing is for we the masses to take advantage of situation and make them work and compete for our votes and that can only happen if we change them as often as possible. It is my personal formula and I believe it will work.
I have been campaigning for Buhari rigorously every where and if Buhari/APC fu.cks up after electing them in 2015, they have not disappointed me but themselves. The message would've been passed! ...if we the masses can remove the 'almighty PDP', APC no go hard us do!

1 Like

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by adekennis(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
Berem, kindly call attention of mods to move this topic to d front page...Seun lalasticala and co should do the needful

1 Like

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by tosin2013: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
9jacrip:

I really don't get it.

THE OP has just summarized Nigerian's solution to effective democracy KEEP CHANGING GOVERNMENTS!!

THIS WILL ENSURE NO POLTICIAN IN PDP/APC TO DICTATE OR CONTROL THE COUNTRY AS HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY!

THE HAUSAS (LIKE BUHARI HAS LEARNED)WILL LEARN THAT THEY NEED THE YORUBAS OR IGBOS TO WIN AN ELECTION WHILE THE SOUTHERNERS WILL UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF NORTHERN SENTIMENTS.

NIGERIANS WILL FEEL THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM OR SOLUTION DEPENDING ON WHO THEY VOTE.

THE POLITICAL PARTIES WILL COMPETE TO IMPRESS THE PUBLIC AND OUTDO ONE ANOTHER IN ACHEIVEMENTS.

THIS IS THE BIRTH OF A NEW NIGERIA.

VOTE GMB 2015! #BELIEVE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by crown777(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nobody should bully anyone to support that which he doesn't like, but common sense should bully us to do what is right in 2015. #GMB2015
Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ask France how that type of thinking is working for them now.
Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
Finally, Someone is now on d same track with me!

You can't keep on saying...GEJ/PDP till APC gets a credible candidate? Have u ever seen an 'ideal candidate' for any office who possesses everything?

Let's begin to sample our leaders till we get there! We have already seen what GEJ can do..so was Obj/IBB and etc..IF the APC can't tackle some key issues in the economy such as power and health..in dat four years...come 2019, we vote dem out! That way, as the OP said, we become the boss! And they would hav 2 spend more time or energy or if de like more money to convince us!

2 Likes

Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
Blainz:

I don't have answers to that and I really don't care about how Buhari is going to tackle corruption with the corrupt people in his team.
To tell you the truth, there's no single politician that is a saint out there, if we are looking for saints to come and rule us we are chasing goose, they all have some level of corruption in them and yes even Buhari! The important thing is for we the masses to take advantage of situation and make them work and compete for our votes and that can only happen if we change them as often as possible. It is my personal formula and I believe it will work.
I have been campaigning for Buhari rigorously every where and if Buhari/APC fu.cks up after electing them in 2015, they have not disappointed me but themselves. The message would've been passed! ...if we the masses can remove the 'almighty PDP', APC no go hard us do!

tosin2013:

THE OP has just summarized Nigerian's solution to effective democracy KEEP CHANGING GOVERNMENTS!!

THIS WILL ENSURE NO POLTICIAN IN PDP/APC TO DICTATE OR CONTROL THE COUNTRY AS HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY!

THE HAUSAS (LIKE BUHARI HAS LEARNED)WILL LEARN THAT THEY NEED THE YORUBAS OR IGBOS TO WIN AN ELECTION WHILE THE SOUTHERNERS WILL UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF NORTHERN SENTIMENTS.

NIGERIANS WILL FEEL THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM OR SOLUTION DEPENDING ON WHO THEY VOTE.

THE POLITICAL PARTIES WILL COMPETE TO IMPRESS THE PUBLIC AND OUTDO ONE ANOTHER IN ACHEIVEMENTS.

THIS IS THE BIRTH OF A NEW NIGERIA.

VOTE GMB 2015! #BELIEVE

You both made sense but you've not answered how an anti corrupt is maintaining his status in the midst of corrupt viltures? How would he fight his ninjas for their corrupt practices.
Re: My Only Reason For Supporting APC/GMB - A Nairalander by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
9jacrip:

I really don't get it.
Don't forget that the pharisee also accused Jesus of mingling or dining with the pagans...or have u? Same thing when Apostle paul was also accused by some that he was spending more time with d gentiles and uncircumcised?

It's possible for people around u to be corrupt/criminals/hooligans/miscreants without u bin affected..All u need to do is make up ur mind to knw wea to draw d line in whateva u do..let pipu knw wat u stand 4 and act according to what u preach!

When King Nebucchadnezzar in d bible thought he had bought over shedrach, mishach and abednego, he was dissapointed when it mattered most wen d trio refused to eat what d king ordered dem to eat...same with daniel!

As it stands now, people knw GMB to be a man of integrity, wea problem ud arise is when he is caught tolerating or involved in indecency...then he would be weak to fight corruption..

It's okay for them to willingly donate to his campaign, but they shudnt expect any undue favor from him..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apc Has Taken Campaign To Airtel [Pics] / Matters Arising About Buhari's Certificate / Queen Elizabeth II Now World’s Oldest Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.