Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,158 members, 7,949,986 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

FA Cup: Yeovil Town F.C Vs Manchester United On Jan 4th 2014 At 4:30PM - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FA Cup: Yeovil Town F.C Vs Manchester United On Jan 4th 2014 At 4:30PM (4561 Views)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 0) On 13th March 2017 / Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 2) On 21st May 2016 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United On (2 - 0) On 26th December 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FA Cup: Yeovil Town F.C Vs Manchester United On Jan 4th 2014 At 4:30PM by seydam21(m): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2015
[size=30pt]Yeovil Vs Manchester United[/size]
Vs

MATCH PREVIEW

The League One side are hoping
to pull off a huge FA Cup shock
against Premier League opposition on Sunday, but go into the game having lost in their last three outings.

By contrast, United stretched their unbeaten run to ten games with a 1-1 draw against Stoke on New Year's Day that kept them in third place in the top flight and on course for a Champions League return.

However, Johnson does not want his squad to show too much respect to the high-flying Reds.

"Being starstruck by Manchester United is a concern and you can't
stop human nature," he said.

"This is a one-off game, which some of the lads aren't going to have again. I'm sure they will think: 'Can I get Wayne Rooney's boots?' You know that's going to happen.

"But we need to make sure we get
into game mode. I don't mind it after the final whistle, but I will have the raging hump if my players swap shirts before then.

"I don't want the lads having selfies with Wayne Rooney. We are going into battle and trying to stop one of the best teams in the world. So there won't be any selfies while I'm around.

" The two clubs have previously met in the FA Cup on two occasions, with United winning both games.

Old Trafford hosted the 1938 and 1949 fixtures in which the Reds racked up 3-0 and 8-0 victories to extend their cup run.

But Johnson is out to attack United in the latest edition of this fixture and ensure they don't make it three wins on the bounce.

"I've never parked the bus as a manager and we don't want to be doing that against Man United," he continued. "We need our fair share of
possession and we need to create chances.

"We don't want to play for a draw against them and get beat and wish we'd gone for it. We need to be trying to win. We aren't going to put 11 men in the box because United would find space anyway.

" United's defensive injury crisis looked to be easing in recent weeks, but they suffered yet another blow against Stoke.

Ashley Young limped off with a hamstring issue at the Britannia Stadium and is set to miss out on the clash with Yeovil as a result.

Marcos Rojo (thigh), Daley Blind (knee) and Marouane Fellaini (illness) are also unlikely to feature, but Angel Di Maria could return.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Most Memorable Goals Ever! / Who Is The First African To Score A Hatrick In The Uefa Champions League? / Obafemi Martins Leaves Wolfsburg For Russian Champions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.