Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,150 members, 7,943,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (31407 Views)

"Why We Wish Our Presidents Dead" - Abimbola Adelakun / Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
Williamso:

Hahahahaha!!! Tell me how many youths can tell you in detail how to stop boko haram. Going by your analogy, presidents should lead for life since they're in the govt and know a lot about it.

You and I are even more ignorant than buhari is on govt matters; to think otherwise would be foolery.

Even GEJ was ignorant as a Vice President that is why he went on air claiming he will single handedly bring about stable supply of power. He's the president now, he knows a lot of things (that we and buhari don't know) hindering the power sector. He can't come out and openly say such baseless propositions again.

BTW, I am nonpartisan and yet to be convinced by either of the two candidates. I just believe the OP wasn't fair to buhari.

We need a leader and not a ruler.
Lol...speak for urself brother..
Am not ignorant about government matters...
And many youths around me here..right now have listed more than enough ways to tackle BH insurgency...
Because he made a comment about him bringing a stable supply of electricity, doesn't make him ignorant of the government matters, sir! It was a promise made to his people which I'm a beneficiary...where I am...he has built a dam that has been supplying a steady light that last for days...
I need a ruler not a leader...
A ruler is thus an owner and a leader is a driver.
If you own a property...you'll definitely stake ur life for it..unlike a leader...who will lead you to poverty and a lifetime hardship.... Buhari wants to lead the country into islam...
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Williamso(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
foxxynik:

Lol...speak for urself brother..
Am not ignorant about government matters...
And many youths around me here..right now have listed more than enough ways to tackle BH insurgency...
OK oh!! You and your knowledgeable friends should tell GEJ how to stop BH, since you obviously know more than him, NSA, CDS, COAS, and minister of defense combined!!! Heck do you even know the strength of the Nigerian Army o' knowledgeable ones??

Because he made a comment about him bringing a stable supply of electricity, doesn't make him ignorant of the government matters, sir! It was a promise made to his people which I'm a beneficiary...where I am...he has built a dam that has been supplying a steady light that last for days...
You just don't get it. HE PROMISED THE ENTIRE NIGERIA STEADY POWER AND JUST BECAUSE YOU AND OTHER NUMERICALLY INFINITESIMAL PEOPLE ENJOY IT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US DO. e.g, I've barely had 6 hours of power this year!!! Besides that was an example; I could list other promises he made without factoring the realities on ground, but that's not the point here.

I need a ruler not a leader...
A ruler is thus an owner and a leader is a driver.
If you own a property...you'll definitely stake ur life for it..unlike a leader...who will lead you to poverty and a lifetime hardship.... Buhari wants to lead the country into islam...
I believe you're intelligent enough to know which is more dictatorial between a leader and a ruler with respect to governance. Seems you would rather be governed by Kim Jong-un than Barack Obama...

You're overtly biased towards this current administration. I thought you had an open mind but this your last post has proved otherwise. Nice having a conversation with you, but I won't reply any of your posts again.

Thanks.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2015
Williamso:

OK oh!! You and your knowledgeable friends should tell GEJ how to stop BH, since you obviously know more than him, NSA, CDS, COAS, and minister of defense combined!!! Heck do you even know the strength of the Nigerian Army o' knowledgeable ones??

You just don't get it. HE PROMISED THE ENTIRE NIGERIA STEADY POWER AND JUST BECAUSE YOU AND OTHER NUMERICALLY INFINITESIMAL PEOPLE ENJOY IT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF US DO. e.g, I've barely had 6 hours of power this year!!! Besides that was an example; I could list other promises he made without factoring the realities on ground, but that's not the point here.

I believe you're intelligent enough to know which is more dictatorial between a leader and a ruler with respect to governance. Seems you would rather be governed by Kim Jong-un than Barack Obama...

You're overtly biased towards this current administration. I thought you had an open mind but this your last post has proved otherwise. Nice having a conversation with you, but I won't reply any of your posts again.

Thanks.
Listen up...there are ways to handle the insurgency in this country which the president has stated clearly....and which I believe he's capable of...if you're current enough...you'll know what am insinuating...
And he promised the whole nation a steady power supply and yet more than 70%of the people are currently benefiting from it...and if you're sincere with yourself.....u'll attest to the good doings of these administration..... You got me wondered...if initially you've got AN IDEA on governance! This is Nigeria...its not a city....its a country..... We have local government chairmen who signs money to build powers,roads,schools,hospitals in its localities.... We have governors....House of Reps and Senators...this people are subjected to the presidency...and they all have their duties to perform... If you've never benefited from GEJ's administration...then its either ur L.G.A isn't working up to ur expectations...or ur regional House of Representative is carefully sleeping on green chairs of the house of reps... GEJ had signed and the senate had approved more than enough funds for the local government chairmen...in my local government...the chairman had build many schools and a standard hospital has been erected....with a steady supply of light...Many of my friends across the country speak of a greater difference in this administration....
We're in a democratic era and leaders are demanded....I stand on the grounds that a leader shld be a ruler as well...to care for the nation and do all that it'll take to ensure the safety of its people...and GEJ is capable of this...
I have open minds to a lot of things...but in politics...am always subjective about my points.... That isn't being bias...its about who I seek to govern me and my family....
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by EchuaA: 4:03am On Jan 04, 2015
I must state that Abimbola Adelakun read Buhari's Manifesto with a bias mind rather than a critical mind or he probably didn't digest it properly b4 heading to conclusion n d press. One the issue of BH I think there is inclusion of conflict resolution mechanism as well as committees to nib in a bud any further spread of dis cankerworm. Ppl resort
2self help where der have no trusted legal means 2vent their anger.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Eluwilussit(m): 12:52am On Feb 03, 2015
babadee1:

So are you saying Nigerians should fold their arms and do nothing while the treasury is being bled dry, incompetence is being celebrated and terrorists are taking over sections of the country? To do nothing at this time is an endorsement of failure. No country can ever achieve true progress until the people demonstrate to those in power that they have the ability to remove them when they fail to perform. Only then will leaders begin to sit up and give us their best.
You think this election is about Buhari but you're wrong, it's about Jonathan. Is Buhari change? No. But is he change from Jonathan? Yes. That is all that matters for now. If he gets there and he starts to mess up then we will remove him too. That is how a democracy is supposed to work.

Na me give u that one like o. I understand you. I have a strong bias against Buhari and every other coupist. I am an ardent democrat. Anybody but a coupist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

It’s Time To Face Justice, Wike Tells Amaechi / No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court / Boko Haram Beheads One, Shoots Two Others To Death In New Video - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.