Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,456 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:05 PM

Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze (29957 Views)

2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / EXPOSED: What Jonathan Planned For JUNE If He Had Won! / Jonathan’s Planned Adoption Asigbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Collynzo9: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
datribune:

[s]How is it d fault of d north dat when faced wit a choice to join d APC, ndigbo chose to marginalize itself within d APC by choosing to side wit a failed, inept & corrupt president simply because he is an Azikiwe whom they considered to be theirs. They hav no one but themselves to blame 4 dis monumental political miscalculation. U might find it bitter but its d truth.[/s]
Azikiwe this Azikiwe that, how many Igbos even know Jonathan as Azikiwe?
Why are you so angry about Igbo's refusal to join APC. It was clear from the onset that the party's objective was slolely to return power to the north and nothing else.
Saying Jonathan's government is failed and inept is your own interpretation, allow others to do theirs.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by okekeanayo(f): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
PenSniper:
A politically naive and cowardly bunch of people.
You are morally bankrupt
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by shosky1794: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
HugeMac:
APC people , elections are not won on social media , the IGBO's are the only tribe truly against The Northern born to rule mentality , No bribed priest nor group can change that , buhari won't get 1% vote in the SE , we are not fools APC should present an electable person , we see beyond their deceptive change ,

Hmm, some people with their hypocrisy. How Eastern votes did Ojukwu get when he contested?
If the Igbo were against the born to rule mentality of the North then I had expected Ojukwu to get like 97 percent of the Eastern votes.

If I were to be an Igbo elder, I would ask for the other Igbo elders to get a deal with Buhari. And the deal will be for the East to support him for 8 years and then rule the country after him.
It will be easier for the Igbo to rule the country this way but with Jonathan, the Igbo might not get to rule this country in the near future. The reason is if Jonathan wins this election, power will sure go back to the North after him and after 8 years of Northern rule, it will come back to the West.

Just my own analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Elslim: 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
HugeMac:
who told you north is gone , GEj will get 25%. vote in NE and NW like before , The Northerners never vote GEJ in before because of your born to rule mentality , Igbo is not divided , buhari got 8000 vote last time in Anambara this time he will get 1000 , the real battle is in The SW where GEJ will still win forget what you see on social media
Bros u de 9ja so?? Wen last ve u been to da north... I can authoritatively tell u dat their is no poster of GEJ in da north... campaign cars are noi where to be seen, so wat r u tellin me?? or is it d north that he plans to wipe out that will still vote for hm?? If na play beta stop am
Sai Buhari
NEXT

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by datribune: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
Collynzo9:

Azikiwe this Azikiwe that, how many Igbos even know Jonathan as Azikiwe?
Why are you so angry about Igbo's refusal to join APC. It was clear from the onset that the party's objective was slolely to return power to the north and nothing else.
Saying Jonathan's government is failed and inept is your own interpretation, allow others to do theirs.

I couldn't be bothered about igbo joining APC or not but it bothers me when u peddle untruths by blaming d north & I was making it clear dat u can't blame d north because d founding idea & principle of APC was to merge all d regional parties like AC, CPC, APGA etc into a grand alliance wit a national outlook to wrest power frm d so-called largest party in Africa  dat had squandered d immense goodwill it enjoyed frm d people. While others eagerly joined dis movement, d few igbo dat joined were highly criticised & labelled sell-outs.
Fact is Jonathan's govt is corrupt, failed & inept. If u can't see dat then may God help us.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by LogicPower(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
Empero1:
It is only naiveness that can make a geo political zone or an organization representing a geo political zone in a diversified country like ours , to adopt an aspirant over another/others in a democratic presidential election . Democracy is not tribecracy ,

Until my people from the South Eastern extraction starts to practice true democracy , we will continue to remain practically irrelevant at the center . Democracy calls for bridge-building not consensus . No since geographical zone has the numerical strength to decide how a presidential candidate can emerge in our national polity , thus the need for us to always apply strategic bridge building in our political calculations to enable us advance in our yearning for relevance in the national politics .

This is a very sensible and informed comment that is clearly motivated by a genuine concern for one's people.

To the non-Igbos, people like Rochas Okorocha, joe igbokwe, Abagworo (Nairaland), GeneralBuhari (Nairaland) and Berem (Nairaland) are some of the MANY Igbo men and women who are doing an excellent job in the kind of bridge-building you are talking about.

Although some narrow-minded ethnic jingoists among their fellow Igbos always castigate them, I can assure these Igbo bridge-builders that their efforts are being fully appreciated by non-Igbos, and I am sure they (or some others of their kinsmen) would one day reap the rewards of their excellent job of reaching out to other Nigerians, with so much open mind.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by tuncy(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Quotably Quotable
" I see the same old track of GEJ supporters, throwing tantrums going rough & dirty with beer parlour hallucinations to defend their principal.
If a man is truly performing you don't need all this to convince us he is, you will always be on the offensive reeling out his laudable achievements the way Zebudiah did with that TAN advert. "Fighting terrorism to a halt", tremendous growth in power from 5,000mw to 15,000mw, arrested and successfully prosecuted 30 landmark corruption cases including the oil sector in which he sacked the minister/nnpc top shots and prosecuted them for not been able to account for $20bn. Started or completed the 2nd Niger bridge. Etc."

ANONYMOUS

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Collynzo9: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
datribune:

[s]I couldn't be bothered about igbo joining APC or not but it bothers me when u peddle untruths by blaming d north & I was making it clear dat u can't blame d north because d founding idea & principle of APC was to merge all d regional parties like AC, CPC, APGA etc into a grand alliance wit a national outlook to wrest power frm d so-called largest party in Africa dat had squandered d immense goodwill it enjoyed frm d people. While others eagerly joined dis movement, d few igbo dat joined were highly criticised & labelled sell-outs.
Fact is Jonathan's govt is corrupt, failed & inept. If u can't see dat then may God help us.[/s]

You are not just bothered, you are angry and bitter about the fact that Igbos refused to romance with APC.
I didn't mention the north or anything about it in the first post you quoted, so don't hide behind that.
It is till a fact that APC was created not for the interest of Nigeria or Nigerians, but solely to return power to the north.
Take it or leave it.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by HugeMac: 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
datribune:

I couldn't be bothered about igbo joining APC or not but it bothers me when u peddle untruths by blaming d north & I was making it clear dat u can't blame d north because d founding idea & principle of APC was to merge all d regional parties like AC, CPC, APGA etc into a grand alliance wit a national outlook to wrest power frm d so-called largest party in Africa  dat had squandered d immense goodwill it enjoyed frm d people. While others eagerly joined dis movement, d few igbo dat joined were highly criticised & labelled sell-outs.
Fact is Jonathan's govt is corrupt, failed & inept. If u can't see dat then may God help us.

and you have visited the whole northern state ,
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
Demdem:
Gradually but surely more and more ibos are waking up from their slumber and realising that Jonathan is a fraud.
Iwuanyanwu has always been a useless man. A first class AGIP (any government in power)
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by datribune: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
Collynzo9:
You are not just bothered, you are angry and bitter about the fact that Igbos refused to romance with APC.
I didn't mention the north or anything about it in the first post you quoted, so don't hide behind that.
It is till a fact that APC was created not for the interest of Nigeria or Nigerians, but solely to return power to the north.
Take it or leave it.

These cancellations ar utterly disrespectful & condescending. When u ar on a public forum try & act mature if u want to be taking seriously. I kept replying & u kept cancelling my posts. dis is a public forum if u don't agree wit a post u argue & make ur position known. U need to grow up

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Collynzo9: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
datribune:

These cancellations ar utterly disrespectful & condescending. When u ar on a public forum try & act mature if u want to be taking seriously. I kept replying & u kept cancelling my posts. dis is a public forum if u don't agree wit a post u argue & make ur position known. U need to grow up
What did you expect when you lumped all Igbos together and insulted them in your first response? I guess that is what maturity means to you.
You deserve much worse than just cancellation of posts.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
If we don't gerrit now....we may never gerrit soon.

Leave sentiments aside and vote for a man of integrity

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by LadyPM: 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ehhh! Adopt who Abeg ndigbo / Ohanese no try am. If it's a joke , pls stop it. And thumb up for the reasonable ones. Reality is fast catching up. Jonathan is my brother from another mother but I will never make that mistake again. Sai Buhari or maybe adopt him to come and preside over Ur eastern zoo or better still chairman vox Ndigbo, which u will surely regret cos that man does not have the slightest clue on how to run a profitable venture. Nigeria became a mess under him. My pple are suffering and drying. Is that what u want to adopt? Tufialkwa!!!! Sai buhari
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by ekhai(m): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
It was a wise decision not to openly adopt any candidate. Let every individual vote his conscience.
Come to think of it, why should iwanyanwu walk out of a regional meeting because of failed agenda? Stomach infrastructure working.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
There is no cause for alarm.
The Igbo's vote is not needed.
Presidency will rotate BTW north.. South west..rivers and imo.... Chikenan

Okwia?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Wahala90: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
If Igbos don't support Jonathan, then they have played into the hands of the north in their agenda (APC agenda) to take power back to the north. It is easy to see the APC agenda immediately they brought in a northerner as their presidential candidate even when we all said they should give us a Southern candidate, at least to tell us that they are not taking power back but giving it to a more competent person - only a fool will not see this. Igbos are no fools. The north has no monopoly of power in this country.

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by rigarmortis: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
datribune:

You are pond scum, if i could i would cancel your very existence and not just your shiitty posts.

Be the tribalist that you are, instead of the periodical pan nigerianism when it suits you.

Daughterfucker, GEJ will be rammed down your a55 and throat cum feb 14.....that is settled, i have friends from taraba and its GEJ all the way with them.

Now to stop you from posting shiii, tear off one arm, shove it up ur a55, tear off the other and stuff it down your throat, that way you can shake hands in your stomach.

fhool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by BABANGBALI: 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
I wonder when an igbo man will rule this country. With the way they go about doing things especially,selling their chances to the highest bidder,i dont see them ruling this country.. Just wait and watch the way some senseless people who hate truth would descend on me,anything una like make una yarn,i don talk my own. All i know be say if power go back to the North,na south west he go return to for another 8 years grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
Anyone watching channels tv.

Prof Osibanjo is talking.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by rigarmortis: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
danjumakolo:
There is no cause for alarm.
The Igbo's vote is not needed.
Presidency will rotate BTW north.. South west..rivers and imo.... Chikenan

Okwia?

Its brain dead horseshit like ou that cause division in the first place, i guess its cattlefucking Fulani cowshit sniffers that stay in imo/rivers?

And what happens if Buhari cant get 25percent in all the 5 states?
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by ayindejimmy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
oduastates:
You begin to understand why the likes of Emeka anyaoku ,Pat utomi do not relate with these types . Just like Yinka odumakin and co in the southwest, they have no day job. They go around pimping their ethnicity and using it as a bargaining chip for their own stomach.
Fortunately, they are sussed out in the southwest and quickly rendered irrelevant.
E.g

Alex akinyele
Fani kayode
Ebenezer babatope
Yinka odumakin and so on
You 4got Frederick Faseun
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Wahala90: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
BABANGBALI:
I wonder when an igbo man will rule this country. With the way they go about doing things especially,selling their chances to the highest bidder,i dont see them ruling this country.. Just wait and watch the way some senseless people who hate truth would descend on me,anything una like make una yarn,i don talk my own. All i know be say if power go back to the North,na south west he go return to for another 8 years grin

Fear not. The Igbos are with Jonathan. After South na East the power go go. Make North wait becos dem don use their turn pass well well.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
Deiok:
Anywhere the name Gej is metioned there is chaos.
grin grin grin grin
Not like the SE votes would make any difference anyway.
All APC needs is the SW and North.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by mikesly: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
simplemach:
pls who understands this?
meaning GEJ Days are numbered in aso rock.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by solash: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
simplemach:
simplemach:
simplemach:

Laugh wan kill me die.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by BABANGBALI: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wahala90:

Fear not. The Igbos are with Jonathan. After South na East the power go go. Make North wait becos dem don use their turn pass well well.
sidon there dey deceive yourself,GEJ don use una time,ask iwuanyanwu who collected the money grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by datribune: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
rigarmortis:

You are pond scum, if i could i would cancel your very existence and not just your shiitty posts.

Be the tribalist that you are, instead of the periodical pan nigerianism when it suits you.

Daughterfucker, GEJ will be rammed down your a55 and throat cum feb 14.....that is settled, i have friends from taraba and its GEJ all the way with them.

Now to stop you from posting shiii, tear off one arm, shove it up ur a55, tear off the other and stuff it down your throat, that way you can shake hands in your stomach.

fhool

Hahahahaha u called me angry now who is d angry bigot throwing infantile tantrums?. An angry hypocrite blaming d north 4 d bigoted response of his clansmen to a national cause. APC was meant 4 northerners d clueless bigot says. Rather than blame d north, if u were capable of rational reasoning u'll look inwards & realize dat d response of ur dysfunctional Ohaneze & their irresponsible support of their clueless Azikiwe Is d only reason why in dis presidential election they hav made themselves irrelevant. Don't blame d north, blame d clueless & dysfunctional Ohaneze Ndigbo & their irresponsible support 4 their inept, corrupt & failed Azikiwe. They ar even thinking of adopting d clueless one as their consensus candidate. Hahahaha who does dat but d clueless & dysfunctional Ohaneze Ndigbo?. U can choke on d fact dat ur clueless Azikiwe is on d homestrech of his inept presidency. I feel ur pain. Keep d tantrums coming.
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by BABANGBALI: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wahala90:

keep decieving yourself,you guys have sold your chance to south south,ask iwuanayawu. grin
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by InvertedHammer: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
beopened:
Jonathan’s planned adoption as Igbo candidate divides Ohanaeze

The adoption of Jonathan as the consensus candidate of the Igbo was not on the agenda of the meeting, which held at the apex Igbo socio-political organisation’s secretariat...

A representative of Ndigbo in the Diaspora, Mr. Nwachukwu Anakwenze, had told the meeting that the constitution was amended under the previous administration, extending the tenure to four years.

Anakwenze alleged that those who were challenging the tenure of the executive were hired to cause trouble in Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

The comment apparently irked a former national chairman of the defunct Justice Party, Chief Ralph Obiorah, who immediately walked out of the meeting.

In an encounter with journalists, Obioha maintained that the tenure of the executive had long elapsed, saying those supporting the tenure elongation were persons, who masqueraded under Ohanaeze Ndigbo in the Diaspora’s umbrella, to collect N4m from the N20m released to Ohanaeze Ndigo by Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State.

He noted that it was obvious that some people came to the meeting with a predetermined agenda.

A communiqué released after the meeting however stated that the tenure of the executive was four years.

The communiqué also explained that the motion for the adoption of a presidential candidate was kept in abeyance, until further notice, as the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo was still consulting.

The communiqué reads, “The amendment of the Constitution of Ohanaeze Ndigbo during the Ime-Obi meetings of August 14, 2010 and October 30, 2010 as well as during the General Assembly meeting of November 6, 2010 as shown in the video tape today is hereby ratified by the Ime-Obi meeting today January 3, 2015, hence the tenure of the office of National and State officers of Ohanaeze Ndigbo remains four years.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-planned-adoption-as-igbo-candidate-divides-ohanaeze/
/
As long as Dr.Anakwenze is involved, there has to be some wuruwuru of some kind. The same man that stole the fund contributed by Ansmbrs state Association USA for a medical mission and claimed that he was robbed along Airport road Abuja with no injuries nor witnesses.
After his stint at ASA-USA, he has been forming all kinds of associations that exist only in paper as the president to remain relevant: anambraworld, Igbo World Assembly, ICSA, etc. The charlatan will say anything as long as there is money to be made.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by ketiy77: 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
Re: Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze by ernieboy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
waternogeteneny:

[size=18pt] U are very stupid for this very cheap attempt at propaganda with an APC political pastor.

Ask urself this question about that slowpoke u call ur fada, was he speaking about the things of the spirit or flesh?

Wen u are able to answer that question, then u know how stupid u really are for spaming that single video all day and night on nairaland for the lst two day.

[/size]
those of u speaking against fr mbaka have not been able to come up with credible defence against the points he raised in his message, he did point out some very salient points with regards to the failures oh gej.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Election: INEC Shifts Election In Ihiala LGA To Nov 13 / Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback) / Lagos #EndSARS Panel Awards N10m To Kolade Johnson’s Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.