Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,299 members, 7,943,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? (533 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter / Was Judas Really Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? by akins56(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
We have been made to believed over time from biblical stories that one of the followers of Jesus Christ named Judas sold off Jesus to his enemies in exchange for some amount of money, hence Christian have labeled him a traitor and all sorts of names, infact nobody would name their offspring 'judas'!
But if we are too look at the issue critically, i think if Judas had not betrayed Jesus would he(Jesus) have died, hence sacrifice his blood to cleanse men of their sins or whatever he had died for ? As we have been made to believe that he died for us.
Don't you guys think Judas did a good work for the world by making it possible for Jesus to died for our sins ? Hence he should be celebrated not demonise! Or would Jesus had died by another way if not for that he was betrayed by Judas ?
I need answers and contribution from mature and enlightened mind please.
Re: Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? by motherlode: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hmmm, he was good not until the betrayal of Jesus. But he was destined to do so because it was written, if only Jesus prayer on that night was answered then judas destiny would have changed automatically! grin. Op good or bad don't judge! wink
Re: Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? by SAMBARRY: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
He was good but his compromise and excessive love of money made him look nad
Re: Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? by acenazt: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
Judas was not bad. He was just Gullible and Greedy. He let the big wigs influence him with Ideas of Riches and power. And he didn't think twice as he was destined to do the deed.
Re: Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
It was foretold to happen.
Hence, as to whether he was good or bad; I can't specifically say.
Re: Was Judas Really A Bad Person ? by Ploy(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
@op, I have thought about this, time without number and what often come to my mind is that, Judas was not a good student of history or he miscontrue the personality of Jesus.

Out of all the followers of Jesus, none of them believed that he could be captured, going by the power he wield and miracles he performed. Judas thought, he could collect their money, showed them Jesus and when Jesus called fire from heaven like Elijah; he would go with the money. Free money, hahahahahahaha

Peter did the same thing, he followed Jesus still waiting for when Jesus will call the host of heaven to kill them all but he was remorse when the third cock crowed. Jesus forgave and prayed for him but Judas committed suicide instead of seeking forgiveness.

In one word, Judas lived to fulfill the prophecy. There God is unquestionable.

(1) (Reply)

God Is For You. / Supernatural Enablement / Power In His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.