Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,435 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. (53761 Views)

How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
Rep042:
My marriage is just 1 year and few days old,but within the last 365 days,I have seen torment and hell on daily basis. We dated for 2 years before tying the knot,she's a nice person,but her mouth is destructive,she has this overbearing attitude,always trying to control me or dictate the pace,and can keep malice,anger and record of evil done to her for a long time. She's the type of person that talks very well,I mean convincely well,but unfortunately,she speaks more negative words. She can talk for hours non-stop,especially when provoked,saying all sorts of bad words.

She has threatened to kill me & send assassins after me on different occasions in the past,though I just ignored such threats.

My wife has been abusing me verbally and always say nasty things at every slightest provocation and at the same ready to engage me in fisticuffs.

She can really say unprintable words such as "it will not be well with you","as you go out,people will deal with you", "you will work like an elephant and eat like an ant", "this your certificate will never yield you any good thing", etc, name callings,abuses,curses etc.

Please Nairalanders, I will like to know if it is wrong or out of place for a working class married lady to assist her husband in paying some bills or buying some foodstuffs at home. Because,anytime she assists in doing anything,she will record it and consequently use that to abuse and insult me whenever we have misunderstanding and or exchange of words.

After our traditional marriage on December 2013,I had some financial challenges,and then my rent was due for renewable,she offered to assist,at first I was skeptical about it ,because I know her kind of person,knowing full well that she will use that to ridicule and abuse me in no distant time. But,then,I didn't have any alternative,so I allowed her pay d rent. Now,she's claiming ownership,saying ..."which house,the one that I have been paying the rent or another one"...

She has done a lot of character assassination & damages to my personality before some of her relatives & family members(Her father and two sisters),thus they all support her & no longer regard me as anybody.

Few months into our marriage,she started wearing butt pads, I told her to stop ,because I don't like the stuff,but she flared up and we had exchange of words. She told me that she has to look good to outsiders.

Throughout her pregnancy period,she wore the butt pads on daily basis even at home,I allowed her because of her condition,even though it looked disgusting on her. After she put to bed,and few days later, I told her to quit wearing that stuff, but she refused,then I seized it,she started ranting to the hearing of everyone at home & neighbors that I have taken her padded pants(aka butt pad) to native doctor. I just ignored her. Few days later, she bought another set.

On Xmas day(2014),she dressed up & wore the butt pads again,I told her to remove it ,but she refused,then i tried forcing her to do so,and that resulted to a serious fight. She tore my already ironed clothes to pieces(an expensive Indian attire I bought when I travelled to India),I tore hers too and forced the butt pads out from her body.

Hell was let loose that day,because she called her sisters,they came to my house and created a very nasty scene in my neighborhood,they insulted,ridiculed me and made a mockery of me,her elder sister who is a police officer threatened to deal with me,she was talking and hitting her hands on the ground saying that,they are going to teach me some bitter lessons in this town. I tried to respond but my Mum,who's on child's visit(Omugwo) asked me to hold my peace. It wasn't easy though,they also insulted her too.

Since that day till date,my wife doesn't talk to me. The only thing that connects us now is the new born baby.

Her words have actually killed me psychologically, emotionally etc, to the extent that sometimes, I loose consciousness of my surrounding while driving to and fro from work , I will be lost in thought, and on a particular occasion nearly rammed another moving vehicle,if not for the speed bumps on the road that awaken my consciousness.

Her words:"if you are still regarding me as your wife,then you wasting your time". Its obvious she wants a divorce because to her,she's still very young(28 years),and can easily move on. She doesn't give a damn.

She has also repeated that same threat of killing me,these days ,the number of calls entering her phone is amazing,most times,she goes far from the house to answer those calls.

Please,kindly advice me.
Thank you.
Lol @bolded.

Divorce her.

4 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Lionelnkem: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
Without mincing words man, you are gonna die sooner. Don't wait for advice here. Do what you have to do fast.

4 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
Divorce her..

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by DopeAngel(m): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
worst of all you are not ashamed to post this on a public forum. why didnt you see a marriage counsellor instead of posting it here

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by PerfumeRepublik: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nigga44:
I'm almost 30 and I swear, i'm beginning to dread marriage cry. This kinda of stuff is almost what my cousin is going through sad

4 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by pappilo(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
See wetin Nikki Minaj don cause!

6 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by baybeeboi: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
please can someone ask her 2 first get a casket?
RIP in advance

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by jingh(f): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
I saw s place on your text, you already know who she is.

y settle for someone with such bad behaviour.

Yoruba do say
iwa ko n if oni wa sile.

person behaviour no dey dem (pidgin version,)
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by atakamus: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
U no go run. Are u still there? u no hear me ? Okay carry her go give TB Joshua so that the evil spirit in her will talk

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Raymie(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
Life is too short for unnecessary BP. Move on with yhur life bro. If yhu can get yhur kid. Not every one is destined to get married or STAY married.

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
ifyalways:

You knew her kind of person yet you went ahead and married her. I'm sure alot of people advised you against marrying her then but you ignored them. Dear, you've made your bed, relax and enjoy or endure it.

I suggest you pray and fast, start with like 21 days fasting, report her to your pastor if the fasting thing does not work. Nothing impossible with God. Sorry dear smiley
You deserve a very hot slap.

6 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Ilekeh(f): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Again, this one no be marriage o.

Chaiiiiiiiii

4 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by amaechionuh(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
My bro I feel sorry for you, try and run a DNA test on the baby to ascertain if truly you are the father.

12 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by sylaz(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Divorce it. undecided undecided. Marriage is not a do or die affair.

7 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by illicit(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Send ur own assasin first man, or else you are living on borrowed times!
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Ilekeh(f): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
I'm seeing a lot of possessive words like "allow", "permission", "I don't like it" etc

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

On Xmas day(2014),she dressed up & wore the butt pads again,I told her to remove it ,but she refused,then i tried forcing her to do so,and that resulted to a serious fight. She tore my already ironed clothes to pieces(an expensive Indian attire I bought when I travelled to India),I tore hers too and forced the butt pads out from her body.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Mehn this is crazy.

OP, are you alright at all??

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by santana45: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
I need to get your wife side of the story before I advice because at the beginning of your story you said wife is a nice person and that you dated for two years. So just less than tow years into the marriage she wants to kill you. There is something fishy.

3 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by TDstarr: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Your wife hasn't cheated on you, stolen your money, or committed any mortal crime.

Your marriage is barely one year old. You made those vows for-better-for-worse. What you're going through is a bumpy phase. You don't just throw in the trowel at the first hurdle.

Man up and face your responsibilities and quit trying so hard to force yourself on her. It's not your place to tear down her clothes, butt pads or not, simply because you don't like them. By doing so, you've lowered yourself in her eyes, hence her fighting you back in retaliation.

Rather than dwell on the negatives of your marriage, try to see the positives - afterall, you must have seen something in her for you to have married her in the first place. Dwell on the positives and you both should strive to improve upon how you relate to each other. Cut out the third parties and keep your business your business.

Goodluck.
i pray this kinda thing happen to your broda or ur close relative so u can give them dis advise,

wonder why women dont know how to advise someone, you know the woman is bad , whats with the hipocrisy, she tried assasinating him, what other positive is there, she curses him, and she is obviously cheating or trying to, so

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by demelza: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
Marriage is not by force oooo!
Let this woman go before you kill yourself over nothing. She's even making the job easier for you.
Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Lexusgs430: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
If you are having irreconcilable differences and are proving difficult to resolve issues and you are so unhappy in your marriage. Divorce is the best way out of this mess, for both of you to regain your sanity !!!!!
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by onyichick(f): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
I can't believe its butt pad dat is causing all this wahala.if ur wife wants to wear butt pad leave her to wear it abi is it ur body,she feels comfortable wearing it.
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by damola1: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
There's too much castigation on this thread. You made your bed, blah blah blah.. The beauty of humanity is in the errors we make, the hope we see, and how we are able to overcome it. eLse, why is Nigeria screwed up?

The OP is not the first, not the middle and never will be the last to have such an issue or 'made a mistake', so, Please, let 'advisers stop ' castigating people...

My advise: Buy here more 7 buttpads!.. 1 for each day of the week.

1 Like

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by deor03(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
For the sake of the child ( maybe not even yours) , just divorce.
In the best case scenario, someone will kill the other, and the other will spend the rest of their life in jail

5 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by gymnasium(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Rep042:
My marriage is just 1 year and few days old,but within the last 365 days,I have seen torment and hell on daily basis. We dated for 2 years before tying the knot,she's a nice person,but her mouth is destructive,she has this overbearing attitude,always trying to control me or dictate the pace,and can keep malice,anger and record of evil done to her for a long time. She's the type of person that talks very well,I mean convincely well,but unfortunately,she speaks more negative words. She can talk for hours non-stop,especially when provoked,saying all sorts of bad words.

She has threatened to kill me & send assassins after me on different occasions in the past,though I just ignored such threats.

My wife has been abusing me verbally and always say nasty things at every slightest provocation and at the same ready to engage me in fisticuffs.

She can really say unprintable words such as "it will not be well with you","as you go out,people will deal with you", "you will work like an elephant and eat like an ant", "this your certificate will never yield you any good thing", etc, name callings,abuses,curses etc.

Please Nairalanders, I will like to know if it is wrong or out of place for a working class married lady to assist her husband in paying some bills or buying some foodstuffs at home. Because,anytime she assists in doing anything,she will record it and consequently use that to abuse and insult me whenever we have misunderstanding and or exchange of words.

After our traditional marriage on December 2013,I had some financial challenges,and then my rent was due for renewable,she offered to assist,at first I was skeptical about it ,because I know her kind of person,knowing full well that she will use that to ridicule and abuse me in no distant time. But,then,I didn't have any alternative,so I allowed her pay d rent. Now,she's claiming ownership,saying ..."which house,the one that I have been paying the rent or another one"...

She has done a lot of character assassination & damages to my personality before some of her relatives & family members(Her father and two sisters),thus they all support her & no longer regard me as anybody.

Few months into our marriage,she started wearing butt pads, I told her to stop ,because I don't like the stuff,but she flared up and we had exchange of words. She told me that she has to look good to outsiders.

Throughout her pregnancy period,she wore the butt pads on daily basis even at home,I allowed her because of her condition,even though it looked disgusting on her. After she put to bed,and few days later, I told her to quit wearing that stuff, but she refused,then I seized it,she started ranting to the hearing of everyone at home & neighbors that I have taken her padded pants(aka butt pad) to native doctor. I just ignored her. Few days later, she bought another set.

Hell was let loose that day,because she called her sisters,they came to my house and created a very nasty scene in my neighborhood,they insulted,ridiculed me and made a mockery of me,her elder sister who is a police officer threatened to deal with me,she was talking and hitting her hands on the ground saying that,they are going to teach me some bitter lessons in this town. I tried to respond but my Mum,who's on child's visit(Omugwo) asked me to hold my peace. It wasn't easy though,they also insulted her too.

Since that day till date,my wife doesn't talk to me. The only thing that connects us now is the new born baby.

Her words have actually killed me psychologically, emotionally etc, to the extent that sometimes, I loose consciousness of my surrounding while driving to and fro from work , I will be lost in thought, and on a particular occasion nearly rammed another moving vehicle,if not for the speed bumps on the road that awaken my consciousness.

Her words:"if you are still regarding me as your wife,then you wasting your time". Its obvious she wants a divorce because to her,she's still very young(28 years),and can easily move on. She doesn't give a damn.

She has also repeated that same threat of killing me,these days ,the number of calls entering her phone is amazing,most times,she goes far from the house to answer those calls.

Please,kindly advice me.
Thank you.

my dear its obvious that its over you made the wrong choice dont wait til ure killed fill for a divorce ah guess marital bliss aint determined by how long you dated

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by alphaomega(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
elantraceey:
lipsrsealed

I'm against divorce but in this case that's the only way out for you , A married woman wearing butt pad against her husbands' wish , who is she trying to impress?

But op be honest , you saw some of these signs before you married her right?

God bless u again my sista...
u took d words outta my mouth..

didn't d guy see the traits in her b4 he married her ni?
or was he blindfolded?...by love? cos love can b blind ooh cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by That9jaVine(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hehehe buttpad? Really?
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by nodullin(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Op: pls what tribe is she
Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by donmalcolm21(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Please for your own safety divorce that b**ch, I can't fathom how you still stay under same roof with such a woman. God will guide you but bro take a step.

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Ilekeh(f): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mehn, this story is just ridiculous.

How can a man be fighting and tearing clothes with his wife because she did what he didn't "allow"?

Nigerian marriages sha.

2 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by Rhea(f): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
[size=18pt]Obviously, you are not compatible with your wife. You sound like someone who married a woman because she get fine face or big breasts. As breeze don blow, fowl nyash don show. Divorce is the only way out unless you want us to read your obituary very soon. Divorce her and find another wife. But this time, shine your eyes and find YOUR wife. Good luck grin grin cheesy cheesy[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Separation Is Imminent In My Marriage. by 19naia(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
This is election season, they must have married across political lines and may be competing for election to the same (embezzlement opportunity position) office... shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Throwback: Nigerian 70s And 80s Mum Didn't Joke With This Footwear (Photo) / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.