Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,838 members, 7,933,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:55 PM

Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away (901 Views)

7 Bad Habits That Can Destroy Your Relationship With Your Partner / Help! I Keep Pushing People Away :'( / Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In Bed That Irritate Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by StevinMorgan(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
Why do we push people away when it is an inherent desire to be wanted and loved?

Some of us don’t even realize we are doing it until we look back on all the people who are no longer there: good and bad. Ever wonder why?

We’ve got 7 examples of how you could be doing it –and not even know it.

1. Taking everything too personally
Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed. Many of us who live busy lives forget that. People are bad to be around when they believe that everything happening around them is a direct assault on them or is in some way all about them. Not everything is about you. Seriously. People’s reactions to you are about their perspectives, wounds and experiences. Whether people think you’re amazing, or believe you’re the worst, again, is more about them and not you. If you look at it and it applies to you, then do something about it. If it doesn’t, don’t take it personal.

2. Always playing the victim
Another bad behavior is persistent complaining that fuels your sense of victimization. Believing you’re a victim, that you have no power to exert and no power over the direction of your life, is a toxic stance that keeps you stuck. When you stop complaining and refuse to see yourself as a helpless victim, you’ll find that you are more powerful than you ever realized.

3. Holding on to the past
One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go – whether it’s guilt, anger, love or loss. Change is never easy – you fight to hold on and you fight to let go. But oftentimes letting go is the healthiest path to moving forward. Just think about it: holding on to something is usually done with a closed fist, but a closed fist can never hold onto anything new.

4. Always thinking negative
It’s very hard to be around people who, no matter what the situation, are always thinking negative. You could ask them, “How’s your day going?” and then they would tell you everything that’s wrong before even sharing their day. Remaining perpetually locked in a negative mindset and operating from a view that everything is negative and against you is a bad way of thinking and living. But you can change that.

4. Always thinking negative
It’s very hard to be around people who, no matter what the situation, are always thinking negative. You could ask them, “How’s your day going?” and then they would tell you everything that’s wrong before even sharing their day. Remaining perpetually locked in a negative mindset and operating from a view that everything is negative and against you is a bad way of thinking and living. But you can change that

5. Cheating and cutting moral corners

simply because you can
Cheating is a choice, not a mistake and not an excuse! If you decide to cheat and you succeed in cheating someone out of something, don’t think that the person is a fool. Realize that this person trusted you much more than you ever deserved. Be bigger than that. Don’t do immoral things simply because you can. Don’t cheat. Be honest with yourself and everyone else. Do the right thing. Integrity is the essence of everything successful.

6. Needing constant validation
People who constantly strive for validation by others are exhausting to be around. Those men and women who get caught up in the need to prove their worth over and over and constantly want to win over everyone around them are unintentionally toxic and draining. Know this, over-attaching to how things have to look to others can wear you out and bring everyone else around you down. There is a bigger picture to your life and is not about what you achieve in the eyes of the masses. It’s about the journey, the process, the path – what you’re learning, how you’re helping others learn too, and the growing process you allow yourself to participate in.

7. Not living in THE truth
There’s so much talk about “your” truth, but in reality there is only one truth: the real, unadulterated truth. The truth is sometimes dirty, hard and hurtful, but it can also be beautiful. People cannot connect with you if you’re constantly trying to hide from yourself. And this becomes a truly toxic situation the minute they become attached to your false persona. So remember, no matter the age, race, sex, or sexuality you are, underneath all your external decorations, you are a pure, beautiful being – each and every one of us are.

If you re feeling me , give me high five!! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nice
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by major466(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
Good one. Something to think about.
To me, item number 6 is more serious. Striving all day to please and seek approval from people is a miserable way to live. Very stressful indeed.
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by TrishaP(f): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
**Gives him Hi5**
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by tirex(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nice one OP....i used to be the complaining type...not until i noticed i was gradually pushing away people....I overtime learnt that no one has a perfect life, but its our ability to look past the troubles,the unfulfilled dreams, the unpaid salaries, the not so beautiful us,the rickety car and every "not so good" thing and still live our lives knowing the Egyptians we see today, we shall see them no more...
NB:Someone somewhere, wishes they had your kind of life.
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
Why is no 4 duplicated?
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hi5!!!!!!!!!! This is so deep and insightful.

1 Like

Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by Coolguy89(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nice bae,I wil try my best grin
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by zyzxx(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
8. Dream high, and purse your goals.
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by gsainttrinity(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
take this
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by mizkeleke(f): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nice and inspiring. Will imbibe them.
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
Very insightful, dude!
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2015
Interesting..
Re: Changes To Make In 2015: 7 Bad Habits To Let Go To Avoid Pushing People Away by SweetyZinta(f): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
Another Hi5 frm me 2u. Welldone!

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Heal / Whats Wrong If You Unfriend Someone On Facebook That Has Died? / Young Girls, Stay Away From Fani-kayode – Adaobi Kate Warns - With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.