Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,674 members, 7,914,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:05 PM

2014 Christmas Broiler Sales - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 2014 Christmas Broiler Sales (568 Views)

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) / Day Old Chick's ( Broiler's,layer's N Cockerel's) Affordable. 08160403222 / Broiler Chicken Weighing 2kg Available For Sale @ Kc Farms Epe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2014 Christmas Broiler Sales by Adenex3051(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
I will like broiler farmers to share their last Christmas sales experiences here.
Let me say I was lucky because the cooperative society of a friend's office bought more than half of my stock, I sold some on one-on-one basis before selling d left overs market women.
From my interactions with other farmers it seem market wasn't too good last December as it seemed everybody in Ibadan raised broilers and the few who didn't had no money to buy. The federal and state governments worsened the situation by failing to pay salaries.
Here is a friend's confession. "I stocked 350 pieces and lost over 60 due to Salmonellosis from the hatchery. Well I managed to get about 270 to 13 weeks and they were quite big. A week before Christmas I sold a couple at 3k apiece. The expectations were so high, but was dazed when it was time to sell and buyers were pricing 2k. I stood my ground and insisted 2.5k. I was able to sell about 50 between 3000-2700. I eventually sold en mass at between 1800-1500 because by then I was unable to feed like before and they have lost weight considerably."
Come to think of the high cost of feeding, drugs, housing, the stress of getting wood shavings and changing their litters, the question is was your profit commensurate with your inputs and efforts?
Broiler farmers please share your December experiences and opinions
Re: 2014 Christmas Broiler Sales by Adenex3051(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
I am sure I am not the only one on Nairaland who raised broilers for Christmas. Peeps please share your experience.

(1) (Reply)

Dried (dehydrated) Tomato. / Cages Installation In Umuahia,abia State / Cost Of Catfish Feed In Various Parr Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.