Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? (47591 Views)

Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
BabaGnoni:

I said "... apart from God earlier guaranteeing so, Adam eating the fruit or Adam disobeying God, why did Adam die? "
Why do you have to parrot in "Adam died because he disobeyed" after the hint not to?
We all know that much, anyway it doesnt matter. You've repeated it, no point crying over split milk

This by the minute is becoming interestingly more.

So when you say "...He acted against what he knew..." that in essence means he departed from the faith
He ultimately and effectively lost the faith in disobeying (i.e. departing from what he knew)

He died as a result of losing that faith out of disobedience (i.e. stemmed out of departing from what he knew)

^^^
Dont forget responding

You won't let this slide BabaG..ok

I think our different meanings behind the word 'faith' is where the issue is.

I have faith in God.. This means I trust God.

If I go against God's instruction out of my volition, this in no way mean I have lost faith/trust in God.

I have only disobeyed the God I trust.

You will agree with me that if 'disobedience' is to replace loss of faith, you and I probably lose our faith daily.

The sort of disobedience that equals that of Adam today is when we refuse to accept Christ. An example of this is why israel is suffering spiritual blindness at the minute

Romans 10:21
21 But regarding Israel, God said,

“All day long I opened my arms to them,
but they were disobedient and rebellious.

The sort of disobedience that made God cut off his own begotten people. They have faith in God but they lack wisdom, and they became disobedient to God by rejecting His son.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Candour(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
FortresOfChrist:
Happy New Year sir. I want to ask sir, does your answers only deal with our past sin before we receive Christ or does it include our sins in the present state as Christians and future?

What made us right with God? Is it because we stopped sinning? Of course not. Its because we believed the gospel and God sealed us immediately he saw the belief

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV
In whom ye also trusted , after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

You were sealed with the holy spirit immediately you believed the gospel and this is the earnest (down payment) of your inheritance. A payment has already been put on you that you belong to God and it wasn't because of any good works you did or what you didn't do.

If God seals you, what or who can unseal you? If God has loved you, what can separate you from his love?

Romans 8:38-39 KJV
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The most important thing is to truly believe the gospel that saves

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; [2] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. [3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

However like I always say, grace isn't license. A sinner who has experienced true saving grace will hate the works of sin. God forbid that we should continue therein

Romans 6:1-2 KJV
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? [2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

We are admonished by the apostle thus

Romans 6:12-13 KJV
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. [13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

These admonitions abound all over the epistles. Allow the spirit work through you and you'll not fulfill the lusts of the flesh that'll make you to doubt your salvation or feel unworthy before God.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by BabaGnoni: 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
shdemidemi:
You won't let this slide BabaG..ok
shdemidemi, you know what you're doing...
you know you're standing in the way and blocking me.
You are making sure your obstruction is air-tight
and making sure that you arent giving up any inch, space or room for me to manoeuvre into

shdemidemi:
I think our different meanings behind the word 'faith' is where the issue is.
On the contrary, our meanings behind the word 'faith' do not differ,
our meanings behind the word 'faith' are the same
I only enchanced our meanings behind the word 'faith', enhanced what we both agree on
The enhancement is what you've pretended or played blind to, conveniently refused to mentioned it or acknowledge it

shdemidemi:
I have faith in God.. This means I trust God.

If I go against God's instruction out of my volition, this in no way mean I have lost faith/trust in God.

I have only disobeyed the God I trust.

You will agree with me that if 'disobedience' is to replace loss of faith, you and I probably lose our faith daily.

The sort of disobedience that equals that of Adam today is when we refuse to accept Christ.

An example of this is why israel is suffering spiritual blindness at the minute

Romans 10:21
21 But regarding Israel, God said,

“All day long I opened my arms to them,
but they were disobedient and rebellious.

The sort of disobedience that made God cut off his own begotten people.
They have faith in God but they lack wisdom, and they became disobedient to God by rejecting His son

I never suggested that 'disobedience' is to replace loss of faith,
I wrote was "departing from what he knew"
The departure preceded 'disobedience' (i.e. rejecting His word)
He lost the trust in God after the 'disobedience'
Or did he not lose the trust of God?
- God put measures in place and made sure he didnt hang around the neighbourhood after that

You brought Israel on into this so I've tried to use a bit from some of the parallels it shares with Adam
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Alwaystrue:

Uhm! Various angles. Thanks for bringing it to more light but you have given me an even deeper understanding. Thanks. I only read the I Corinthians 3 in context and that is below:

I Corinthians 3:11-15
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Seems in this I Cor 3 case it is a micro-case showing man (us) and our materials(our works) unlike in 2 Timothy 2:19-21 that shows the big picture of Christ and his materials (us his people)...I hope you get me.

This is because if you just take a step further I Cor. 3:17 says:
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Now look at Paul saying if any man DEFILE the temple of God (we are His temple) because the Spirit of God dwells in us, God will destroy that man. Now we can ask what defiles a man? Jesus said it here:

Matthew 15:18-19
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20b These are the things which defile a man

That is how I was able to deduce that evil works are not the types of materials that build the house, they are actually what defiles it. The good works not done well, or done with one's heart in hypocrisy may be the works that get burned. There might actually be some works of Gold and precious stones that will get rewarded.

weldone.

Of all the exegesis i saw on the thread, this one is simply beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
BabaGnoni:

I never suggested that 'disobedience' is to replace loss of faith,
I wrote was "departing from what he knew"
The departure preceded 'disobedience' (i.e. rejecting His word)
He lost the trust in God after the 'disobedience'
Or did he not lose the trust of God?
- God put measures in place and made sure he didnt hang around the neighbourhood after that

You brought Israel on into this so I've tried to use a bit from some of the parallels it shares with Adam

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
shdemidemi:

Peter and the rest were commissioned to do a job.
Acts 1
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Jesus had told them to take the gospels to Gentiles but -

Acts 11:9

Now those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews.

Paul was called by Christ to do the job that needed to be done, which was to take the gospel to Gentiles.
Peter and James spread the wrong Gospel and Jesus also what them to take this wrong Gospel to the gentiles?
Wow! your version of Jesus is wicked, thank God that Paul came to fix Jesus failure.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by BabaGnoni: 11:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:
Peter and James spread the wrong Gospel and Jesus also what them to take this wrong Gospel to the gentiles?
Wow! your version of Jesus is wicked, thank God that Paul came to fix Jesus failure.
Hiswordxray, ah-ha, spare the sarcasm, the bolds in Acts 1:8 and Acts 11:9 are instructive enough and self-explanatory

Besides, as earlier mentioned, the gospel is the same. The gospel never changed
The message, the recipients of the message, the timing of the message etcetera are all progressive

God is not the author of confusion. Jesus is not contradicting himself. Jesus is NOT wanting any to take "this wrong Gospel" to the gentiles but to take the SAME gospel to the ends of the earth (i.e. reaching the gentiles)

Peter & Co was shuffling feet and dilly dallying, so Jesus had to engage Paul.

Peter even admitted having difficulties understanding or comprehending Paul or his mandate
- no surprises there, no wonder the work was relieved off and given to Paul

In fairness to Peter, he did comply with Cornelius and others though

Bro, you definitely recall Peter saying in 2 Peter 3:16 that some of Paul's teachings are sometimes difficult to swallow or stomach

15And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved.
This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—
16speaking of these things in all of his letters.
Some of his comments are hard to understand,
and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different,
just as they do with other parts of Scripture.
And this will result in their destruction.

2 Peter 3:15-16 NLT
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 7:35am On Jan 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Well, you do not have to agree, pick your bible to revise the book of the Acts of Apostles, you just might see things differently.

Jesus had taught Peter and the rest so many things in parables, He sometimes explain these parables in ways He wouldn't explain it in public. Even his death and resurrection was explained to them. But what did they do after he was captured and killed, they all went their separate ways thinking the episode was over.

None of them went back to the sepulchre, you would have expected them to. They just couldn't comprehend all Jesus was saying to them, could they? Jesus had told them in different ways that He would be killed and He will rise after three days, yet Peter fought teeth and nails when the time came for Jesus to fulfil what He had come to the world to do.

When Peter was asked by the remorseful jews on how they could amend their wrongs, Peter replied saying-
Acts 2
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, [size=20pt]Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins[/size], and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repent for remission of sin

Water baptism to receive the Holy Ghost!

When Paul came on board, this idea and concept of remission of sin and receiving the Holy Ghost gradually became incorporated in the gospel.

Paul will say- I have not been sent to baptise anyone, but to preach the gospel. Baptism and remission of sin and the gift of Holy Spirit are spiritually taken care of just by the acceptance of the gospel. Romans 1:16

Paul was asked a similar question the jews asked Peter, guess what is response was..
Acts 16
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, [size=22pt]Believe[/size] on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

This is different from physical baptism, repentance (beating yourself down) for remittance of sin and all of those religious rituals associated with religion.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Hiswordxray, ah-ha, spare the sarcasm, the bolds in Acts 1:8 and Acts 11:9 are instructive enough and self-explanatory

Besides, as earlier mentioned, the gospel is the same. The gospel never changed
The message, the recipients of the message, the timing of the message etcetera are all progressive

God is not the author of confusion. Jesus is not contradicting himself. Jesus is NOT wanting any to take "this wrong Gospel" to the gentiles but to take the SAME gospel to the ends of the earth (i.e. reaching the gentiles)

Thank you Babagnoni ...

Guess what Peter said when God held him by his ears to the house of Cornelius-
Acts 10
25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, [size=22pt]Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation[/size]; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Peter wouldn't have gone to the house of a Gentile in a hundred years if God did not force him there the way He did. Even after all Jesus had said before He left in His parables and all He said before ascending, Peter was still held back by the supposed law of the Jews. He just couldn't get rid of the law and I must confess it isn't that easy because what that means is- you against your nation, complete isolation, unimaginable persecution. That was all they knew, lived, believed even until this day, a shift from their law will take only God's doing.

Even the fierce and bold Paul shuddered at some point when around them. They tried all they could to kill him even when his case was being heard in court. The Jews and the law of Moses and tradition of their fathers are almost inseparable. They have been blinded by God that they may not see until the fullness of the Gentiles. Imagine the resistance Jesus met when He tried, they killed Jesus because of their law like they have killed all other prophets in the past according to Stephen.

I have a feeling, God chose Paul to do the job because of his assertive character. I also feel his doggedness influenced his reason for saying a woman cannot or should not hold that position of a bishop or teach the word as a leader in church. You really have to step on toes and stand firm on the word, most women are not wired this way. Only a few men can be so insistent and forceful as Paul. He tried to bring that pass that part of him on Timothy.

P.S I just dey gist..
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:09am On Jan 12, 2015
Goshen360:

Say that to the Apostle Paul when you're ready to open scriptures.... wink wink wink
hehehehe, so the apostle paul told you that God is blind to the sin of Christian?

Hehehe,

did you really have to use the apostles name to tell lies?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12am On Jan 12, 2015
ayoku777:

This is how people make conclusions without reading through the entire thread. Don't say bottomline without reading to the bottom line.

I don't do Calvinism or any of those tags. And if you have continued reading, you would have seen where I made the lower post.

I corrected someone who said God doesn't see our sins.

what u preach is calvinism, a mild one to be precise but it is still calvinism.

And yes, i made a mistake and i'm sorry, i assumed you were in line with the explanation of others.

Forgive me, atleast you do not believe in a God blind to sins.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2015
Who made UBenedictus a religion police?

All you want to do is call people names and group them based on their beliefs. When will you actually give your own response to the OP so everyone learn the truth from you?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:09am On Jan 12, 2015
It is the beauty on commenting late.

I am not a religion police, and yes every christian teaching flying around seems to have its own history. Yours started in the 16th century and the main culprit is Calvin, unfortunately you have gone over and beyond you have decided to be the authority on the canon and you are now deciding "levels of inspiration" of different books in the bible.

Luther must be proud.

shdemidemi:
Who made UBenedictus a religion police?

All you want to do is call people names and group them based on their beliefs. When will you actually give your own response to the OP so everyone learn the truth from you?

don't worry u'll see my own beliefs.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2015
Ubenedictus:
It is the beauty on commenting late.

I am not a religion police, and yes every christian teaching flying around seems to have its own history. Yours started in the 16th century and the main culprit is Calvin, unfortunately you have gone over and beyond you have decided to be the authority on the canon and you are now deciding "levels of inspiration" of different books in the bible.

Luther must be proud.

don't worry u'll see my own beliefs.

You are the one doing the grouping, I have never said I am a Calvinist. I might not agree to all of his views you never know.

Can't wait to hear your views as well, I understand the part where you say it can be overwhelming arriving late to a thread as this one.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=BabaGnoni post=29710346]

Where did you get this 'guess' from ?

Peter even admitted having difficulties understanding or comprehending Paul or his mandate
- no surprises there, no wonder the work was relieved off and given to Paul

It is common knowledge that Peter did not write either 1 Peter or 2 Peter.

This is what happens when you keep 'spitting out' verses without proper due diligence.

Let's work on facts not hearsay.
cheesy
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2015
^^ does not deserve a response
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2015
shdemidemi:
^^ does not deserve a response

lol , can you see why there is so much confusion among you bible thumpers ?

The foundation is not well laid and hence the building is showing cracks and will collapse not long from now.

How can one bible produce so much confusion and disagreement ? Surely this is testament to it's fallibility and errancy , no ?

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2015
frosbel:

The foundation is not well laid and hence the building is showing cracks and will collapse not long from now.

How can one bible produce so much confusion and disagreement ? Surely this is testament to it's fallibility and errancy , no ?

Did you read the OP, what do you think?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2015
FortresOfChrist
I know your thread has been jacked.
here is my response to you
1. Believers can and they do sin though this is by going against the very same conscience Jesus raised in them when He saved/justified them

2. God hates sin

3. God is on record casting believers to hell. You have Matthew which we hammered before, John 15 with Jesus exhorting his disciples to REMAIN in Him lest they are cut off, Acts 8 of Simon Magus who believed,was baptized and recieved Holy Spirit yet he was rebuked by Peter. He turned out to be the worst persecutor of the church, Hebrews 6 and 3:15 warning us on the dangers of apostasy. You have innumerable warnings against falling away.

4. Nobody can undo what Christ has done in you except you alone. The devil could not rob Jesus of his position but attempted to tempt him to rebel against God. He failed but he succeeded with Adam and you see the consequences. Adam was only as secure as long as he remained in obedience.

5. The lie that a born again believer can never go to hell is actually a lie from hell. Faith is not a historical event but a lifestyle. You are saved by faith and you remain saved by faith. Think of all the warnings and caution against sin in the NT. What purpose do they serve?

Thank you and have a good week ahead
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2015
Negro,
You must be very idle. Now you are trolling. Good thing is trolling don't require a lot of brains
frosbel:

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
shdemidemi:

Did you read the OP, what do you think?

Asking me ?

Reexaming all my earlier held positions, however I believe what the writer of 1 John says when he makes this remark ;

"The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work." - 1 John 3:8

It beats me why anyone will take the position that someone who is of the devil will be saved at the end ??
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
frosbel:

Asking me ?

Reexaming all my earlier held positions, however I believe what the writer of 1 John says when he makes this remark ;

"The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work." - 1 John 3:8

It beats me why anyone will take the position that someone who is of the devil will be saved at the end ??

Do you do what is sinful?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
shdemidemi:

Do you do what is sinful?

No.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
frosbel:

No.

Which means you are not a sinner, right?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
vooks:
FortresOfChrist
1. Believers can and they do sin though this is by going against the very same conscience Jesus raised in them when He saved/justified them

2. God hates sin

3. God is on record casting believers to hell. You have Matthew which we hammered before, John 15 with Jesus exhorting his disciples to REMAIN in Him lest they are cut off, Acts 8 of Simon Magus who believed,was baptized and recieved Holy Spirit yet he was rebuked by Peter. He turned out to be the worst persecutor of the church, Hebrews 6 and 3:15 warning us on the dangers of apostasy. You have innumerable warnings against falling away.

4. Nobody can undo what Christ has done in you except you alone. The devil could not rob Jesus of his position but attempted to tempt him to rebel against God. He failed but he succeeded with Adam and you see the consequences. Adam was only as secure as long as he remained in obedience.

5. The lie that a born again believer can never go to hell is actually a lie from hell. Faith is not a historical event but a lifestyle. You are saved by faith and you remain saved by faith. Think of all the warnings and caution against sin in the NT. What purpose do they serve?

All said without one scriptural reference, hmmm.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
vooks:
FortresOfChrist

2. God hates sin

thank you!
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by Hiswordxray(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
shdemidemi:

Well, you do not have to agree, pick your bible to revise the book of the Acts of Apostles, you just might see things differently.

Jesus had taught Peter and the rest so many things in parables, He sometimes explain these parables in ways He wouldn't explain it in public. Even his death and resurrection was explained to them. But what did they do after he was captured and killed, they all went their separate ways thinking the episode was over.

None of them went back to the sepulchre, you would have expected them to. They just couldn't comprehend all Jesus was saying to them, could they? Jesus had told them in different ways that He would be killed and He will rise after three days, yet Peter fought teeth and nails when the time came for Jesus to fulfil what He had come to the world to do.

When Peter was asked by the remorseful jews on how they could amend their wrongs, Peter replied saying-
Acts 2
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, [size=20pt]Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins[/size], and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

When Paul came on board, this idea and concept of remission of sin and receiving the Holy Ghost gradually became incorporated in the gospel.

Paul will say- I have not been sent to baptise anyone, but to preach the gospel. Baptism and remission of sin and the gift of Holy Spirit are spiritually taken care of just by the acceptance of the gospel. Romans 1:16

Paul was asked a similar question the jews asked Peter, guess what is response was..
Acts 16
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

31 And they said, [size=22pt]Believe[/size] on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

This is different from physical baptism, repentance (beating yourself down) for remittance of sin and all of those religious rituals associated with religion.

So your Bible contain both wrong Gospel and right Gospel?
Part of your Bible is the truth while part is a lie?
Part of your Bible is inspired by God while part is inspired by Satan?
Part of your Bible is for people who are going to Hell and the other part is for people who are going to heaven?

Then your Bible is corrupt, how would you always tell which one devil wrote any which one God wrote?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
^
Do you have a different bible?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
Negro,
Did you chicken out on your Dispensationalism BS?

I merely summarized EVERYTHING I had said before. Intelligent people can tell a summary from garbage.

Which scripture tells you that speaking in tongues and speaking in an unknown tongue are different? grin grin grin grin grin grin
shdemidemi:

All said without one scriptural reference, hmmm.

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria Christianity is doomed with this kind of tunnel vision and garbage.

1. Who told Peter to baptize?
2. Did Cornelius receive baptism of Holy Spirit before/after water baptism?

shdemidemi:

[size=4pt]

Acts 2

[/size]

Acts 16

31 And they said, [size=4pt]Believe
on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
vooks:
Negro,
Did you chicken out on your Dispensationalism BS?

I merely summarized EVERYTHING I had said before. Intelligent people can tell a summary from garbage.

Which scripture tells you that speaking in tongues and speaking in an unknown tongue are different? grin grin grin grin grin grin

No, I didn't. Guess you have gone to equip yourself via YouTube.

Please guide all your numbered summaries by appropriate scriptural quotes. It's not enough to throw words around by what seem acceptable to you without sighting one reference from the source.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
vooks:
Nigeria Christianity is doomed with this kind of tunnel vision and garbage.

1. Who told Peter to baptize?
2. Did Cornelius receive baptism of Holy Spirit before/after water baptism?

What do you think negro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Lady Shares The Message She Got From A Struggling 'Entitled' Pastor (Photos) / 7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.