Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,595 members, 7,972,198 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:28 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (173406 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
harjibolar10:
#modified

Actually, I've begin to understand and catching up on what has happen in the past chapters(that I've missed).

Here are some point that I may love to know o

- Some characters like;
Segun
Tejumola
Gboye
Hank
And probably shade, (though from what I just read, I can see, she relates to Segun, so by knowing Segun more, I guess I will know who she really is)
I'm not too familiar with them, as I've missed their inception in this story.. ..

- I will also want to ask the where about of ;
Chief johnson
Mama johnson

- also, I wouldn't want to miss out on how my lovely wande has been able to concieve oo.

- What the kelvin driver has done to deserve the sacking from his dear bossy boss

- And all what you think I've miss, and you know I will like to have back on this interesting story. ..

Thanks madam Candy
Segun was introduced in the 9th chapter, he is a guy Wande met earlier at the fertility clinic. You've not missed much on him, we all are just getting to know him.

Tejumola is Wande's childhood friend that was introduced along with Segun

Gboye is Bola's cousin, introduced in the eleventh chapter.

Hanks is a reporter who paid an unnamed source for information on Tade's hidden wife and child. The source will be revealed later. The information he paid for did not make headlines as expected, why? Who stopped it from going to press? We'll know later.

Mama Johson is Tade's greedy mother

Papa Johson is Tade's kind father. They both reside in their village. Mama Johson was the one babysitting Bola's new baby in the eleventh chapter.

Wande got pregnant through IVF after her second failed attempt.

Sade is the girl Segun's parents introduced to him. She's a looker, beautiful and classy, but is she a good girl? Time will tell.

Kevin was sacked because he never liked or trusted Tade. Tade felt disrespected, sacked him and hired his friend, Josh.

Wande has only one living parent; her mother, Chief Mrs Williams.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
Candy u re cool, i am expect d summary of d last chapters dear
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
candy:

Segun was introduced in the 9th chapter, he is a guy Wande met earlier at the fertility clinic. You've not missed much on him, we all are just getting to know him.

Hanks is a reporter who paid an unnamed source for information on Tade's hidden wife and child. The source will be revealed later. The information he paid for did not make headlines as expected, why? Who stopped it from going to press? We'll know later.

Papa Johson is Tade's kind father. They both reside in their village. Mama Johson was the one babysitting Bola's new baby in the eleventh chapter.

Sade is the girl Segun's parents introduced to him. She's a looker, beautiful and classy, but is she a good girl? Time will tell.

Kevin was sacked because he never liked or trusted Tade. Tade felt disrespected, sacked him and hired his friend, Josh.

more abt d story mrs
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
candy:

Thanks ma'am

I got it now, If I see anything complicated issue again, I guess I wont have to stress my self than to just ask.. . Ask and it shall be given

Oya let the good work continue, and thanks once again madam Candy

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Queening(f): 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
Let me guess kelvin z hank's______ lipsrsealed candy i love u no homo
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by martin98(m): 1:26am On Feb 18, 2015
Make i guess......
Bola is into Tade the same way Tade is into Wande. Bola is after Tade's loot and is set to run away with Gboye her boyfriend and the real father of her children.

2 Likes

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
@martin98 and queening, keep guessing o... tongue

Where is my QueenTolpatx na? Let me not forget lenmafon and Hameenat94...where are you guys?

Update coming tomorrow, by God's grace
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
martin98:
Make i guess......
Bola is into Tade the same way Tade is into Wande. Bola is after Tade's loot and is set to run away with Gboye her boyfriend and the real father of her children.

Hmn, you accuse Bola of having an affair with her cousin? Or did I miss a thing?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Costlybabe: 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=ruffhandu post=30855831]

Hmn, you accuse Bola of having an affair with her cousin? Or did I miss a thing?[
/quote]u didn't miss anything dear,I don't know what martin is saying ooo,candy Weldon
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by martin98(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
ruffhandu:

Hmn, you accuse Bola of having an affair with her cousin? Or did I miss a thing?
They might not be cousins. Just cousins when Tade is involved.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
martin98:

They might not be cousins. Just cousins when Tade is involved.

Then she wouldn't have allowed him to his parents' home if it is a 'wayo' type ofcousin.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2015

Bola woke up grudgingly to a gentle rap on the oak door. She wasn't sure if the sound was real or imagined. She was alone on the king sized bed and on a corner adjacent to her bed laid her bay girl in her beautiful cot. Her son, Oladele had slept off in her mum and Sade's bed.

The room looked cozy with the beautiful dressing mirror made with a set of lovely shelves. On the other side of the bed stood a huge closet. One door was slightly open, showing a beautiful array of clothes. The baby's plastic wardrobe managed to fit next to the sofa and coffee table. Hanging on the beige wall were portraits of Tade, Bola and their children's baby pictures as well as a large painting of wild flowers.

"Maami, se ko si?" Bola asked as she opened the door to let her mother in. She rubbed her eyes and walked back to the bed. She had been asleep for over four hours now, and she was guessing the time was close to four a.m. To confirm, she checked the time shown on the wall clock; 3:37am.

Mama sat down on the spot her daughter had cleared for her on the bed. "Ko ma baa si naa ni, omo mi." She told her.

Bola sighed. Mama and her morality lectures again, she thought.
"It's to four maami. Can we talk in the morning?"

"I'll be going back to Ilobu in the morning."

"Shhhhh...lower your voice maami, my mother-in-law and Tade's sister are sleeping in the next room." She stood up and pressed her hear on the door as if she wanted to be sure nobody was eavesdropping. Silence greeted her. She smiled and walked back to the bed. Just then, Olamiposi, the baby stirred in her sleep and mama patted her back till she became calm again.
It was monday morning, the day after the baby was dedicated in the church and all the guests have left, except for mama Johnson, her saucy daughter and Bola's sister and cousin, Gboye.

"I thought you were here to help me with the baby?"

"Tade's mother is already doing that job, besides, it's harvest time and I have to be around to take care of the farm produce, your father can't handle the sales all alone."

Bola leaned closer to her mother, so she won't have to speak loud enough to wake the whole house.

"So, what is it? Money? You know I will give you in the morning." She hissed and supported her back with two fluffy pillows.

Mama sighed deeply before she continued. "Bolatito, your father and I are not happy that you are having children out of wedlock." She shifted closer to her daughter on the bed and continued; "not only that, this man is married and your sister confirmed that his wife doesn't know about..."

"Maami!" Bola cut her short in anger, raising her voice a tad higher in the process. "What is it? Ehn, what? I give you and papa good money made from this illicit affair, so why are you and papa complaining?"

"Bola, your father is a deacon in the church, I am a deaconess." She fumbled in her wrapper and brought out a small pouch. Inside was a bulky white envelope that looked rumpled and stained with age. Mama handed the envelope to Bola. She took it and opened it. She gasped in surprise at the content.

"Maami, what is this?"

"Mama adjusted well on the bed, cleared her voice and looked her daughter straight in the eye; "Bolatito, that is all the money you have sent to your father and I since we discovered Tade was married and making all the money off his wife."

Bolatito flung her feet off the bed and got up hurriedly. She forcefully opened her mother's palm and put the envelope back there. "Mama, if you and papa want to return my ill-gotten money, return my sister and brother's school fees that I've helped you pay, the clothes I bought for you, the car your son wrecked, scrape off the paint on your house and all the money I have spent on you guys!"

Mama was reduced to tears of shame. Bola had said the truth, but they had received those things when they didn't know about their 'arrangement.'

"Bola, we would have managed." She managed to say. "Besides, you have spoilt your sister and brother so much now they can't even follow us to the market again." She sniffed and wiped her face with the folded edge of her wrapper.

Bola sighed and sat down beside her mother. "Maami, you know you need this money, so why are you people making my life difficult?"

Mama put the envelope back in the pouch, defeated. She shrugged her shoulders in resignation and stood up. "Bolatito, to ba ko wa ju sie, koo taa. To ba ko eyin si e, koo taa. To ba ku iwo nikan, koo tun ero ara e pa." She advised her daughter to think deeply about her situation and take the right decision. With those words, she opened the door and walked out.

"Eyin le mo." Bola hissed and locked the door securely behind mama. She checked the time again, it was 4:42am. She laid back on the bed, and brightened the dimmed light, thankfully, the inverter had come in handy as Phcn had struck as usual. She rolled towards her daughter's cot and peeped in, the baby slept peacefully. She dimmed the light again and closed her eyes in annoyance.

She was annoyed with papa and mama for having the guts to make her feel bad. But like mama said, she was more annoyed at her decision to play second fiddle in Tade's life. She picked her phone and typed the words; "baby we need to talk." On her BBM and sent it.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2015

Chapter 12

Ibadan.

Wande drove through G-Alen estates in her 2010 Honda accord. She drove past the intersection, where a part of the road gave way to a tree lined close. The street on both sides were lined with trees and most of the houses there were beautiful duplexes and a few bungalows.

A spa and beauty parlor stood on the plot next to her mother's compound. It was impossible to tell if the spa was open for business or not, because of the huge trees shielding the beautiful property. The only sign of business life were the exotic cars that lined the driveway. The place was rumored to belong to the wife of a former governor of the state. Wande pulled up in front of her mother's gate as the gate flung open and she drove in. They were already expecting her.

"How are you, my dear?" Mrs Williams greeted her daughter. "Are you not too heavy to drive yourself on the busy streets?"

"I'm fine, mum." She replied and managed to walk past her doting mother into the private living room. Mum walked casually behind her, confused at her daughter's behavior.

She sat down and the help immediately placed her favorite flavor of juice and a crystal glass cup on the coffee table, in front of her.

"Dear, what's wrong with you?" Her mother asked, concern written all over her face. "Is it Tade?"

She poured juice in her glass, took a sip to calm her nerves before she replied her mum.
"Mum, please, I need you to treat Tade like the chairman of the companies because that is what he is!"

"Come off it, you naïve girl." Her mother fired back, more annoyed at her that Tade was the cause of her foul mood. "I still own 40% of the Williams dynasty, including the plastic company, tristar hotels and the tristar filling stations, even the construction company. I'm a major stakeholder."

"Is that why you won't recognise the fact that my 60% now belongs to my husband, Tade?" She asked

"I still wonder at your naivety. Who does that in this age? Who trusts a man enough to hand over all her inheritance to him? It's only gullible people like you, my daughter." Mama Williams took long sip of water to calm her nerves.

"Mum, I love this guy." She said resignedly. "His Atm card was denied, he can't make withdrawals beyond certain limit, why, mum, why?"

"He withdrew N100k earlier in the day! Let's say I'm protecting you because I know some things you have decided not to know. You know I supported him, and I still like him. We just have to be careful."

"Like what, mum? What lies have they been feeding you with?"

Mrs Williams sipped her water again before she answered. "Maybe lies, but they are lies that are worth investigating. Until then, your husband can't withdraw more than N100k for personal use in a day and if he must withdraw for the company's use, my signature must be on the check leaf."

Wande suddenly gave a shrill cry, she was obviously in pain. "The baby." She managed to say.

The help and Mrs Williams quickly held her and lead her to the waiting car. She wasn't due till two weeks though. A call was placed to Tade's phone and when he didn't pick the call, another driver was dispatched to their house to bring the baby's stuff to the hospital. Tejumola was at the hospital as they pulled up, she lived nearby.

Wande was quickly wheeled to the labour ward and a team of experts attended to her while her family and friends waited anxiously at the lounge. She finally had the babies through a C-section, a set of twins, a boy and a girl.

"Congrats." Dr Benjamin addressed the family, grinning from ear to ear as he announced the multiple birth.

Everybody was there to welcome the twins, including Segun. Noticeably absent was the father of the twins, Mr Tade Johnson!

"Where is my husband?" Wande asked, still weak from the effect of the whole process.

"Em, em...we couldn't reach him on phone, so I called Segun." Tejumola scratched her weave as she stuttered her words.

Her mother moved closer and sat on the bed. She patted her daughter's thighs and assured her they were going to continue calling Tade till he could be reached.

"The network has been bad for sometime now, " Segun offered.

"He'll be overjoyed at the news, please keep calling." She told them.

Finally, Tade picked Mrs William's call.

"Hello." He said curtly

"Congrats, Tade. Your wife just had a set of twins."

Silence. "Hello." Mrs Williams said again

Wande grabbed the phone from her mother and repeated the hello.

"Congrats, my love." Tade said. "I'm on my way to see you now." Then he hung up.

Tade finally showed up at the hospital one hour thirty minutes later, bearing flowers and love you cards.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Costlybabe: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2015
Candy I cant believe wande is still pregnant til now,bola already has three children,according to you she was already pregnant with her second child when wande conceived,how come wande is just giving birth now,please clarify that ,or is that pregnancy was long overdue
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 19, 2015
Costlybabe:
Candy I cant believe wande is still pregnant til now,bola already has three children,according to you she was already pregnant with her second child when wande conceived,how come wande is just giving birth now,please clarify that ,or is that pregnancy was long overdue
Thanks for pointing it out, I'm glad some of you followed the story deeply...

Bola actually just had her second baby. I deleted all the posted updates and I had to follow the not-so-final version, saved on my phone.

Here, she has a baby boy and was pregnant with the new baby when Hanks(the reporter) met his informant and when Mama Johnson visited them in Ibadan which were just days apart.
Wande got pregnant when Bola was already pregnant with her second baby.

Please bear with me because I don't even have the edited version that I deleted from here, courtesy of the mofos stealing our intellectual property!

Let us take it from here...a boy and a girl that is about three months older than Wande's twins. That's what I have in the unedited version and I believe it's richer and better wrapped.

That should be the only aspect I'm totally changing though...

@All my ardent readers, please note. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tfabu: 11:17am On Feb 19, 2015
oh my God,i just hope candy will help me give tade that serious punishment that he deserves!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 19, 2015
Tade its hell for you
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2015
Now getting d story, thumbs up candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Costlybabe: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ok now lets flow
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
Behold, here it cometh!!!

Aunty Bola, so this is how you are going to lose it with your parent? NO, it shouldn't be, cos you are loosing it so soon... I wonder why in this world, will someone be so greedy, to the extent of going against his/her mother...

Omo ti aba tin bawi tio ba n ti WA orun kii, o ti setan ati parun ni yen o

Watch out the beginning of the end of Bola johnson! !!! !
Can't wait thou

CONGRATULATION MAMA IBEJI
Finally, wande will have a tangible reason to forgive TADE THE GREATEST LOOSER OF ALL TIME, the unworlthy baba ibeji...

Now mama candy, let the good work continue

Thanks for the update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Calmdove(f): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
So glad that wande as finally put to bed and as for bola, i hope u understand what ur parent are telling u be4 it 2 late.... Hmmm tardeee deir is God ooo *weldone mama candy & tnks so much 4 d update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
harjibolar10:

CONGRATULATION MAMA IBEJI
Finally, wande will have a tangible reason to forgive TADE THE GREATEST LOOSER OF ALL TIME, the unworlthy baba ibeji...

Thanks for the update
forgive Tade or what did you say? God forbid bad things she can't forgive Tade.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
prettydiva89:

forgive Tade or what did you say? God forbid bad things she can't forgive Tade.
Dearie, please let her forgive Tade oo
Though, I also dislike as much as you do, but if she doesn't forgive Tade, tell me who will?

Afterall, he will be a loser on the both side, because he's surely not the owner of those(I mean aunty Bola's) kids, and he will also pay dearly for what he has done, what he's doing, and what he will be doing, when the law of karma is at work with him.... May be cripple self # just saying

And believe me, he will lose all what he has invested in, and that yeye bola wont even have the time of forgiving herself, let alone seeking for forgiveness or even living with the wrath that will have befall her... May be she will be late then, candy have that answer thou

And as per BABA IBEJI , she will have no any other choice, than to forgive her husband now. Wande.. . No, mama ibeji, is as good and pure mind-ed as an angel now...

I know she will anyway
Just saying thou
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
harjibolar10:

Dearie, please let her forgive Tade oo
Though, I also dislike as much as you do, but if she doesn't forgive Tade, tell me who will?

Afterall, he will be a loser on the both side, because he's surely not the owner of those(I mean aunty Bola's) kids, and he will also pay dearly for what he has done, what he's doing, and what he will be doing, when the law of karma is at work with him.... May be cripple self # just saying

And believe me, he will lose all what he has invested in, and that yeye bola wont even have the time of forgiving herself, let alone seeking for forgiveness or even living with the wrath that will have befall her... May be she will be late then, candy have that answer thou

And as per BABA IBEJI , she will have no any other choice, than to forgive her husband now. Wande.. . No, mama ibeji, is as good and pure mind-ed as an angel now...

I know she will anyway
Just saying thou
let me have a rethink. If not for what you said,i wouldn't have care if Tade goes to hell
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
prettydiva89:

let me have a rethink. If not for what you said,i wouldn't have care if Tade goes to hell
Please do have the rethink ma'am

Thanks, and let the good story continue
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
harjibolar10:

Please do have the rethink ma'am

Thanks, and let the good story continue
of course,it must main reason am on nairaland niyen oo

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
men like Tade usually rot in hell, cos dts wia they belong, op d arrival of d babies won't make mama Ejima further solicit for her 'husband'...
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
Candy,
All this vernacular without translation not good for me.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Hameenat94(f): 11:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
We can't really blame mama ibeji. It's love at work and I jst wish Wande mum WIL help in opening her daughter's eyes. I'm here candy jst gave myself 2 weeks brk buh I'm bk nw.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2015
ruffhandu:
Candy,
All this vernacular without translation not good for me.

seconded
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lovingangel(f): 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hi candy am unable to read ur story cuz it has bin hidden or removed. Plz can't u do sometin abt it. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (57) (Reply)

Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin / Flow And Snow

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.